Closed Thread
Page 282 of 285 FirstFirst ... 182232272273274275276277278279280281282283284285 LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2850

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3737412;
    I watched probably 3/4 of the show.......I thought Kate came off rather well, she was engaging, kind of funny. The reason she talked about heels and a new haircut - both were in answer to viewer's questions. I thought the paper flipping thing was meant to come off as playful, much like a previous poster said. Seems to me people read way too much into every little move she makes.
    Hopefully this isn't too far off topic, if it is I apologize.
    This reminds me somewhat of the new section on Dooce's website ("hate", where she quotes hate mail she's gotten and jokes about it). When SO many people have you under a microscope you have to be able to let it go... because really the only opinions that matter are the people closest to you, your family and friends, and other people who don't walk in your shoes and have never even MET you... well, you just can't let them get under your skin.
    Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

FORT Fanatic

Saw Kate at the event in California sponsered by Maria Shriver, the crowd was thin, and gave a polite hand-clap. Then she was to sign her book for an hour, but left after 1/2 hour, as there was no line or interest.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the firsthand report, chitex. It appears all the hype around Kate's appearance at this event failed to stir up much interest, as shown in this video from ROL. Near the end of the video, as Kate's leaving a pap yells out congratulations about the return of the $180,000. A female voice yells out, "where's the rest of it?"

VIDEO: Kate Signs Books For Fans In Long Beach | RadarOnline.com

And described in this article.
    In a sad little corner of Maria Shriver's big Women's Conference in Long Beach, Calif., Kate Gosselin was tucked into a tent Monday night, waiting to sign copies of her new book. But there were few fans who wanted her autograph.
    Kate Gosselin: Scripture 'gets me through' every day

Inside Edition also had a brief report on Kate's appearance, showing a very small crowd and then 3 people waiting for a book autograph. Apparently she stayed less than 30 minutes and left after talking to her PR people.

FORT Fogey

Having myself been athe object of signing sessions I would not throw any stones at any other author who has to suffer through those.

"Sad little corner"-I'd like the writer of that to have to sit like an exhibit in a zoo and wait for the gawkers to throw some thing their way.

IMO that's a really nasty attack without any knowledge at all of what book signing "events" are like for authors.

here are but a few of her lies on TV last night

It's great that Kate is proud that the kids behaved on the long plane ride but why must she lie/exaggerate about everything?

She also omitted the fact that the "flights" weren't done contiguously. They flew from PA to San Diego, with a 5-day layover/vacation that Kate insisted upon so that the kids could "adjust to the time change." Come on, doesn't EVERY mom do this for her kids??????

she even LIES about the SILLIEST things....her WIG IS AVAILABLE on Amazon, so it is not "sold out until the end of time."

In this episode, Kate was talking about how she looked "five seasons ago". Anyone remember a couple years back (I think it was Season 3) where she verbally attacked Jon when he used the word "season" to describe their family life? "Our lives are not measured by seasons!"

FORT Fogey

Does that compare to Jon's lying about "why" she wasn't in court?

None of that makes her a bad parent--which is what Jon lied about so that he could accuse her of being.

I believe she said the wig was "backordered til the end of time".....and who cares? She also explained she has nothing to do with it, her name's not on it, no proceeds go to her.......so why would she know anything about it?
    Personally, I wish her all the best.....I hope she goes on to raise great kids, have huge success in whatever career she chooses - and same for Jon. I just think in the long run, he's doing more damage to himself than Kate or anyone else ever could.

FORT Fogey

I think the lack of sympathy for Kate in her "sad little corner" has nothing to do with relating to her as a legitimate author. Kate is no author. As Beth Carson said, "They lived it, I wrote it." Kate has enjoyed taking credit for a book she didn't write, with no mention of Beth's significant contribution. MB has passed it's peak. The fans who wanted it have long since made their purchase.

I also think she was misplaced at this event. The program for this event included intelligent, accomplished women who have been successful in their chosen fields, as shown here: The Women's Conference 2009 - The Women's Conference - Speakers for Womens Issues, Leadership and Empowerment
    Kate was out of her league among such achievers. Maria Shriver admitted Kate was invited because her daughters asked for her, and that she didn't know about the divorce and resulting drama at the time of the invitation. Perhaps if Maria had realized Kate had become the queen of the tabloids she would have passed on the opportunity.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 10-27-2009 at 10:12 PM.

FORT Fogey

Lots of celebs have "As told to" books. Does anyone honestly think that actors--for exwpmmple--re really good writers?
    BTW--it doesn't matter who is sitting in that sad little corner"--my heart goes out to them--it is really hard to meet people under those conditions.

I think one has to have been there to know what it feels like to be on exhibit that way.

None of that makes her a bad parent
    You are right - not showing up to court when she is not required to makes her a bad parent. However, the following actions could be construed as not so hot parenting, I am not sure I want to slap the word "bad" on Kate. However.....

"Don't listen to Daddy, he's mean."

"Don't listen to Daddy he doesn't cdare about your safety."

Putting down their dad in front of the kids....not cool. Admitting in print (Multiple Blessings) that you have bonded the deepest with Hannah and therefore feel closest to her.....again not cool.

But Jon is a tool, too. Hanging out with Michael Lohan is not a real smart career move. Getting fired from a job because you were drumming up jobs on company time....not cool. (This was verified in a Philly magazine article last spring. The owner of the company that fired Jon finally spoke out because he was tired of Jon telling everyone that he "fired" Jon over having too many children.)

How these two backwoods infertile hillbillies from Pennsylvania became famous I will never know!
    Help control the animal population - spay and neuter your pets!

Closed Thread