Closed Thread
Page 281 of 285 FirstFirst ... 181231271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2850

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by win-place-show;3737360;
    I am probably reading too much into this but did anyone else make note of the way Kate was flipping the papers away after reading the questions last night? Flipping them like a frisbee onto the floor. Like she didn't care. Cause she didn't. "Let's just get this hour of tv over with...."
    I saw a few clips on the internet. I took the whole thing as her showcase for a future hosting gig. I took the flipping of the papers as "her thing," something to show her new personality (the old one's a no go for a new show). You know, playful spunky Kate instead of mean, mocking Kate. I also thought it was funny how she tried to act like these questions were new to her and that she was speaking off the cuff. No way, no how does Kate go into a Q&A session on TLC without being pre-briefed. There weren't enough "um's" to indicate that her answers were anything but rehearsed.

I watched probably 3/4 of the show.......I thought Kate came off rather well, she was engaging, kind of funny. The reason she talked about heels and a new haircut - both were in answer to viewer's questions. I thought the paper flipping thing was meant to come off as playful, much like a previous poster said. Seems to me people read way too much into every little move she makes.

QUOTE=PIMguy;3737408;]I saw a few clips on the internet. I took the whole thing as her showcase for a future hosting gig. I took the flipping of the papers as "her thing," something to show her new personality (the old one's a no go for a new show). You know, playful spunky Kate instead of mean, mocking Kate. I also thought it was funny how she tried to act like these questions were new to her and that she was speaking off the cuff. No way, no how does Kate go into a Q&A session on TLC without being pre-briefed. There weren't enough "um's" to indicate that her answers were anything but rehearsed.
    That's what I thought
    Last edited by Bunny555; 10-27-2009 at 01:02 PM.

FORT Fogey

I took the flipping of the papers as "her thing," something to show her new personality (the old one's a no go for a new show). You know, playful spunky Kate instead of mean, mocking Kate.
    This reminds me of Keith Olberman's schtick, where at the end of his show he wads up a piece of paper and throws it at the camera. Too bad Keith's already doing that, or it would have been the perfect schtick for Kate -- wadding up those papers with the questions and throwing them at the camera!

I also thought it was funny how she tried to act like these questions were new to her and that she was speaking off the cuff. No way, no how does Kate go into a Q&A session on TLC without being pre-briefed. There weren't enough "um's" to indicate that her answers were anything but rehearsed.
    Remember the Vanity Fair interview, where Kate mentions the kids acting out in response to the stress of the divorce, and her TLC/PR handler immediately wanted to end the interview. Yeah, spontaneous reactions from Kate? TLC ain't havin' any of that!

I think someone upthread wondered if Hailey was perhaps calling the shots for Jon. It seems that might actually be true, and not just her....

Fox411 Exclusive: Jon Gosselin on new offensive in PR fight with Kate Entertainment

FORT Fogey

The Fox411 article quotes "a source inside the Jon and Kate Gosselin drama." That could be any one of a number of people, but it sounds like more of Kate's PR folks since this "insider" claims to know that Kate was hurt that Kevin and Jodi were invited to the house. This is the kind of tit for tat squabbling in the media, using "insiders" to "leak" information, that has to stop. Neither one of them are doing themselves any favors with this constant mud slinging. I also question the veracity of these unnamed, "inside" sources, who can make all kinds of accusations without being held accountable for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3737511;
    The Fox411 article quotes "a source inside the Jon and Kate Gosselin drama." That could be any one of a number of people, but it sounds like more of Kate's PR folks since this "insider" claims to know that Kate was hurt that Kevin and Jodi were invited to the house. This is the kind of tit for tat squabbling in the media, using "insiders" to "leak" information, that has to stop. Neither one of them are doing themselves any favors with this constant mud slinging. I also question the veracity of these unnamed, "inside" sources, who can make all kinds of accusations without being held accountable for them.
    Or if they even exist. I believe I have read repeatedly where it is said that if an article quotes an "inside source" or just a "source" that they don't name, that that source could be anyone - it could be Billy in the mailroom making stuff up - whatever they need to tell the story that they want to tell. That's why I never tend to believe anything I read when they don't have the guts to come forward, use their name and say "yep, I actually said that".

Well, it's a known fact that Jon has been hanging with both Hailey and Michael Lohan, he's had Michael out to the home, as well as Kate's brother and wife. That is fact.

Who he's listenting to is up to interpretation.

FORT Fogey

BTW--it turns out that yesterday's court business was so that JON could return the $180,000+ he took out of their joint account without following the rules and letting Kate know what he ws doing.

He didn't have to be there because his lawyer could have shown the bank paperwork to verify the deposit.

But no--Jon HAS to show up and LIE about why Kate wsn't there--

AND forgetting to say why the court date was needed at all.

What a total idiot.

Keep it up Jon. More and more people are seeing what kind of person you really are.

That's the problem with continually opening your mouth in front of recorders for tv.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3735417;
    This family didn't have any more added help when the youngest were newborns. The got all that help when they got the money with the show.
    I'm jumping in where Fort dropped me in this thread. But just in case this hasn't been commented on, in Kate's first book she talks about the volunteer teams that assisted when the babies were newborns and first home from the hospital. They've always had help.
    Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

Closed Thread