Closed Thread

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

FORT Fogey

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Jon was an unemployed child when kate met and married him. He had been bumming around living off his parents. (Now he is bumming around living off his children.)
    IMO, Jons DAD pushed him to marry Kate thinking she would be good for him since she had a career and was disciplined about her future. He was hoping that Kates good qualities would motivate Jon.

Jon knew full well what he was getting into when he married KAte. Having KAte boss him around was still easier then him taking responsibility and becoming the adult/father/husband.

Jon is nothing but a manchild. He has gone from being bossed around by mommy to Kate to hailey.

FORT Fogey

The fact that Jon is a man does not excuse him of responsibilities, and the fact that Kate is a woman does not mean she needs to take hers more seriously. StellaGeorge, I'm not sure what gives you more insight into men than any of the rest of us, but I do know that I believe that it doesn't matter whether you're the man or the woman - your responsibilities as an adult and a parent and a human being remain the same. A lot of understanding has been leaned toward Jon - for his loafing behavior, for his cheating. Now it's getting to the point where he clearly has no regard for his children nor sense of reality.

I'm sure Kate got legal counsel early on to protect herself. My guess is that they did not have a prenup, since they didn't have much money when they got married. You never know how much someone will go for in alimony or what their lawyers will encourage them to ask for. Divorce can turn people very ugly, as we've all seen here. Especially considering the fact that he'd cheated on her, she was absolutely right to get legal counsel immediately - she would have been stupid not to. Especially when you consider the complications with the fact that they still had that contract with TLC.

FORT Fogey

Jodi and Kevin, and then Jon were very public to say that the filming of the children needs to stop. That it was "detrimental" for them to have their private lives caught on film.
    Evil, money grubbing Kate was the one pushing the cameras in those eight little faces all for the money and it needed to stop, NOW!

My how times have changed. Kevin and Jodi and Jon have called in the paps to catch their reconciliation on film. I guess it's okay to allow the kids to be filmed as long as YOU are the ones that are getting paid.
    Is that right, K, J, & J?

FORT Fogey

Turning the tables - I'm sure most of us would have done nothing less if enduring the verbal berating from someone day in and out.
    If it had been Kate who was on the receiving end of the kind verbal abuse Jon endured, there would have been a public outcry about spousal abuse long before they actually separated. And if she had left Jon because she'd had enough of the abuse, she would have been applauded and encouraged for escaping an abusive situation, rather than told to "woman-up" and handle it.

Jon was an unemployed child when kate met and married him. He had been bumming around living off his parents.
    Jon knew full well what he was getting into when he married KAte.
    So Kate knew what she was getting into when she married Jon, right? But she proceeded with fertility treatment within the first year of their marriage. And chose further treatment which resulted in the tups. So if Kate knew Jon was such a "child" when she married him, it was incredibly irresponsible of her to insist on starting a family so quickly. But she did it anyway.

Kevin and Jodi and Jon have called in the paps to catch their reconciliation on film. I guess it's okay to allow the kids to be filmed as long as YOU are the ones that are getting paid.
    I haven't seen any pics of the Kreiders reuniting with the Gosselin children. The only photos I've seen posted are of Jon, Kevin, and Jodi. And I don't have a problem if those are the only published photos. I remember the early episodes showing Jon and Kevin working on a project in the garage, Jodi with the kids. They clearly had a good relationship at one time, with each other and with their kids. I'm glad they've reconciled and the kids will have these people in their lives again.

FORT Newbie

Jon is full of hot air, he always brings the media along for "his" on selfish reasons. Yes "he says HE paid back $230,000 now, that He said he didn't take the monies. How can anyone believe anything he says.They didn't have to be at hearing today, he just went for show.He needs to get someone besides "Hailey" to tell him what to do.He has singlehandley destroyed his family. How do we know that $33,000 is unaccounted for,it tells so much that is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainesc5;3736471;
    Jon is full of hot air, he always brings the media along for "his" on selfish reasons. Yes "he says HE paid back $230,000 now, that He said he didn't take the monies. How can anyone believe anything he says.They didn't have to be at hearing today, he just went for show.He needs to get someone besides "Hailey" to tell him what to do.He has singlehandley destroyed his family. How do we know that $33,000 is unaccounted for,it tells so much that is not true.
    I don't understand how anyone can say that Jon "singlehandley" destroyed his family. It takes two to make a relationship, to make a family (babies) and it takes two to destroy a relationship. Neither Jon nor Kate are innocent in any of this drama. The only truly innocent ones are those 8 children that did not ask for any of this to happen. Those children did not ask to be born to a couple of selfish parents, they didn't ask to be filmed doing EVERYTHING from vacations to every day life for it to be on display on national tv. They certainly did not ask for mom and dad to air ALL of their dirty laundry for the whole world to see. I would be willing to bet all of the money that hubby and I have in the bank that if you asked those children what they wanted, NOT ONE of them would say for all of this to be going on. To bad the same can not be said for their mom and dad!

It's difficult for me to understand people taking sides in this situation. Both of these people have shown themselves to be selfish, self involved and not thinking of their children first. We should be on the children's side since neither of the parents are.

How can anyone possibly takes sides with one of these egotistical liars over the other?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3736611;
    It's difficult for me to understand people taking sides in this situation. Both of these people have shown themselves to be selfish, self involved and not thinking of their children first. We should be on the children's side since neither of the parents are.

How can anyone possibly takes sides with one of these egotistical liars over the other?
    I've been thinking that myself. It seems as if this thread has become either a Jon-bash by pro-kate people, or a Kate-bash by pro-jon people. I think neither of them needs people here to defend them. They both have high-priced attorneys for that. The children are the ones who need to be defended - and BOTH parents are obviously focused on themselves more than the children at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3736656;
    I've been thinking that myself. It seems as if this thread has become either a Jon-bash by pro-kate people, or a Kate-bash by pro-jon people. I think neither of them needs people here to defend them. They both have high-priced attorneys for that. The children are the ones who need to be defended - and BOTH parents are obviously focused on themselves more than the children at this point.
    I agree 100%. I said very early on, I am not on either of these dolt's side. I just want what is best for the children. To the extent any of my posts have been seen as Jon-bashing, I just want to clarify - I think both of them are totally useless, as human beings and as parents from what we have seen. All of my posts are in response to those that say things like "Kate drove him to this" "he is just experiencing freedom" or any other way they want to give a "pass" to Jon for his behavior.

I have said it before and I will say it again: I don't like Jon and I don't like Kate. I know others feel differently, but I really don't feel like either of them has the children's best interests at heart. The children appear to be pawns in their media fight with each other. But I refuse to give either one of them a pass based on the actions of the other. I don't care about their pasts, I don't care about what led them to the situation they are in today. At the end of the day, they are here, they are grown ups and they are parents. Stop blaming the world and each other for why you are the way you are - GROW UP!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3736706;
    I agree 100%. I said very early on, I am not on either of these dolt's side. I just want what is best for the children. To the extent any of my posts have been seen as Jon-bashing, I just want to clarify - I think both of them are totally useless, as human beings and as parents from what we have seen. All of my posts are in response to those that say things like "Kate drove him to this" "he is just experiencing freedom" or any other way they want to give a "pass" to Jon for his behavior.

I have said it before and I will say it again: I don't like Jon and I don't like Kate. I know others feel differently, but I really don't feel like either of them has the children's best interests at heart. The children appear to be pawns in their media fight with each other. But I refuse to give either one of them a pass based on the actions of the other. I don't care about their pasts, I don't care about what led them to the situation they are in today. At the end of the day, they are here, they are grown ups and they are parents. Stop blaming the world and each other for why you are the way you are - GROW UP!
    Good Post!

Closed Thread