Closed Thread

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3717753;
    Jon is getting all kinds of kudos for stopping the TLC filming of their children. Does it matter to anyone that his actions are purely self serving? Sure now that his name has been dropped from TLC he says the cameras hurt the kids. Never mind that just days prior to his name being removed he was just fine with all of the cameras filming his AND the children's every move.

OH and never mind that JON wants both he and the children out of the TLC contract ONLY so the show that he has promised hailey can use the kids to sell that show.

Sorry but Jon is only thinking about jon.
    Good or bad, like her or not at least Kate is trying to get employment where only she is in front of the camera with speaking engagements, The View and the Paula Deen Show.
    True, KAte is still filming with TLC. But she does have 8 children to feed and a mortgage to pay. Jon's finances are wrapped up in his NYC apt, his 2 sm sports cars and the MB that he bought for hailey. Oh and his regular trips to the Hamptons trying to be someone.

Do you really think Kate isn't self-serving? I believe that she probably planned to have multiples to get rich and "famous"; if not, at the very least began to market them before they were born. She also wants to keep that show going, and only tries these other ventures to keep her mug in front of the cameras and keep her lifestyle going. Basically, she will take anything that is available and that would include exploiting the kids if needs be.

Kate did not have them by herself; those kids also belong to Jon and you seem to be saying that Kate alone has 8 kids to feed. So does Jon. It is clear from their horrible show that Jon did most of the hands on "work" of taking care of these kids from the beginning. He is a parent too; they both have 8 kids to care for.

If Kate wants to be famous (thereby nauseating people all over the world with that ugly mug of hers) that's ok with you, but if Jon wants to do any type of show, that is not? I am not being nasty, I just don't understand your thinking here. You seem to feel it is ok for Kate to use her kids and keep the show going but if Jon were to get a show and feature them, that's a no-no. I don't understand.

I don't believe the sources you quote and seriously doubt some of the info is for real.

Don't get me wrong; right now I despise these two thoroughly for the things they have done to those kids. But to me Kate is simply more despicable than Jon could ever have a hope of being, because she is ugly from the inside out, and suffers some kind of mental problem. The only thing I really care to see is the show stopped forever and no Gosselins on television ever again. But hey, I would take the kids just being off the show and able to perhaps regain some kind of normal existence. I'm not sure this is going to happen, but I hope Jon's efforts (no matter the motivations) are not in vain.

I would almost bet money that you will never hear Kate saying that it's not in her children's best interests to be on television. The only way I see her ever admitting it might be wrong is if she had some kind of a breakdown and/or it served her own purposes in some other way to do so.

FORT Fogey

You're right. Jon does have the same responsibilities as Kate. So why, while Kate is trying to continue the livelihood her family has sustained for so long, is she being vilified, and Jon's utter lack of any sort of responsibility is less despicable??

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3718129;
    You're right. Jon does have the same responsibilities as Kate. So why, while Kate is trying to continue the livelihood her family has sustained for so long, is she being vilified, and Jon's utter lack of any sort of responsibility is less despicable??

I actually find them both despicable and their actions deplorable. I would have to argue that the media in general seems to vilify Jon and support Kate; hence LKL's allowing Kate's lawyer to be on and basically taking Jon to task. When Kate is on any of these talk shows she is handled with kid gloves.

You're right about one thing: her family (8 kids to be exact) has sustained a very nice lifestyle for Kate. Jon too, he isn't blameless there.

I only find Jon less despicable in terms of what kind of a human being I believe him to be as opposed to what kind of human being I think Kate is. I apologize if it offends anyone, but I cannot stand that woman. I have seen her being far too ugly and uncaring to her children, family, and her husband far too many times ON THEIR SHOW. I have seen her sit and do nothing but lie (imho) when asked questions. She sets off my BS detector like no other human being whom I have never met.

FORT Fogey

So why, while Kate is trying to continue the livelihood her family has sustained for so long, is she being vilified
    Kate attempting to sustain the "family business" or "brand" means the kids go on working. Some people don't see a problem with that, while others believe there is no justification for the continued exploitation of the Gosselin children to earn the family's income.

Jon's utter lack of any sort of responsibility is less despicable
    For me, it's not a contest for who's more despicable. Neither one holds the higher moral ground, they're both disgusting.

FORT Fogey

Well, honestly, she's been on shows by herself lately. The kids haven't been on any shows but the contracted TLC shows. If she wants to make these appearances by herself, I have no problem with that. But the decision to "exploit" her children, was her's and Jon's. He's not blameless, he has just as much responsibility, and if Kate is lying, it seems to be to project an "everything's normal" image to the world. If it's not okay there, which I'm not saying it is, then that is very very sad for those children, but the whole world doesn't need to know it, and it won't help any. Which is why I found it so despicable for whichever relative to run to the tabloids to do so.

FORT Fogey

Well, honestly, she's been on shows by herself lately. The kids haven't been on any shows but the contracted TLC shows. If she wants to make these appearances by herself, I have no problem with that. But the decision to "exploit" her children, was her's and Jon's. He's not blameless, he has just as much responsibility,
    Yes, they both signed the contracts with TLC for 5 seasons and more than 100 episodes of the show. However, it was Kate's decision to continue the show without Jon, renaming it Kate + 8. She could have chosen to end the exploitation of the kids and allowed them to experience what privacy and normal life is like without being followed by a camera crew. If both of these parents were so concerned about their kids, they would have ended the show long before now. They are both complicit in selling their children's lives for entertainment, so neither one is blameless.

FORT Fogey

If Jon dcleaned out the joint account--he is dastardly.

If he wants to do a show with his "gfirlfriend and use the kdis for publicity--that's dastardly.

If he really loved those children he would be with them and he wouldn't already have a bloodsucker attached to him.

IMO his "maturity" is YEARS away from fruition.

He already has a bloodsucker attached to them with Kate

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

I'm a little confused on TLC's motivation here. Why keep Jon under contract? I know he signed it, but TLC obviously does not want him on the show much anymore, right? Calling it Kate +8 and saying Jon would be on only occasionally. So he's obviously not valuable in anyway to the future of the show, according to TLC. It seems that keeping him under contact is simply a punitive measure, to keep him from earning money in other ways through other shows. What is TLC's motivation for keeping Jon from "making a living" through other media vehicles? TLC could simply let him out of the contract and be done with him, and move on with The Great Kate as their money maker. They appear to simply want to continue to control Jon, much like Kate did during the marriage. Hmmmm, are TLC and Kate the same entity?

LG.

if there is a court order that neither of them is to take money out of the joint account without the other's permission, then if Jon actually took out $200,000+ he could be in contempt of court of end up cooling his heels in jail. For some reason I don't believe that Kate is left penniless, as $200,000 certainly not all they've made. I saw this article today too, talking about her switching jewelry, buying a new ring with 8 diamonds. This article is from TODAY. How about stop buying stupid stuff you don't need, especially if you're concerned about paying the bills. When I was a single mom, I didn't wear a ring at all. My hands still worked just fine. It was amazing.

Kate Gosselin Finally Lets Go of Wedding Ring - Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin : People.com

Kate Gosselin Finally Lets Go of Wedding Ring
    By Michael Y. Park

Originally posted Monday October 05, 2009 09:30 AM EDT
    Kate Gosselin

Photo by: Jackson Lee / Splash News Online
    Kate Gosselin is switching rings – at last.

The reality-show star, who went back to wearing the ring her estranged husband gave her after a brief break this summer, is phasing out the last vestige of her union with Jon Gosselin.

"It's my Hawaii ring," Kate, 34, said on Monday morning's Today show, indicating the ring she got when the couple renewed their vows in August 2008. "I'm changing them out. I'm switching them out."

She says that with the increasingly nasty turn her divorce from Jon, 32, has taken, she's planning on wearing a new ring that has no association with Jon – an idea her kids support.

"We discussed a ring I might buy," she said. "It has eight little diamonds and a mother of pearl."
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Closed Thread