Closed Thread
Page 2 of 285 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3471143;
    I have always given Kate a slight benefit that she was edited in a bad way. Words and such placed out of context. I changed that opinion after Mondays show. KAte loves Kate.
    I think it became really obvious when she developed an obnoxious "over-laugh". She seems to always be playing to the cameras.
    She doesn't appear to have many, if any friends. Carla was at the party with her daughter, but Carla's a hired hand.

That said, did anyone else want to crawl through their TV when (?) lost his balloon?
    I thought it was really sweet when Mady tried to calm him by offering him the little notebook.

I love Alexis, just love her and her aligators.
    You could just see how much effort it took for her to not hug that little boy Brayden when he arrived at the birthday party.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought the moms at the Birthday party seemed kind of just there for their kids and not friendly at all with Kate.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I don't know that she has many friends. It could just be that people don't want to be around the cameras, but they never really showed her just chillin' out with anyone except Beth, who now seems to have fallen out of favour, despite writing the book that Kate's been promoting all over the U.S.

I think she threw Jon under the bus the other night...and backed over him.
    She really seemed to set out to give the impression that Jon can't wait to get away and have a break.
    I think she made a ridiculous show of taking the kids to the party supply store, (paraphrasing)
    Kate - "There's papparazi here..."
    Joel - "What's papparazzi?"
    Kate- "We don't use that word!"

and it was even worse that she made it look like Jon wanted no part of the organizing the birthday party because he wanted "a break, so I'm doing it on my own."
    This is the woman who took two kids to the dentist, left the other six with Jodi then demanded the tups nap when they got home because she "needed a break".
    I thought that was a low blow.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3471180;
    I don't know that she has many friends. It could just be that people don't want to be around the cameras, but they never really showed her just chillin' out with anyone except Beth, who now seems to have fallen out of favour, despite writing the book that Kate's been promoting all over the U.S.

I think she threw Jon under the bus the other night...and backed over him.
    She really seemed to set out to give the impression that Jon can't wait to get away and have a break.
    I think she made a ridiculous show of taking the kids to the party supply store, (paraphrasing)
    Kate - "There's papparazi here..."
    Joel - "What's papparazzi?"
    Kate- "We don't use that word!"

and it was even worse that she made it look like Jon wanted no part of the organizing the birthday party because he wanted "a break, so I'm doing it on my own."
    I thought that was a low blow.
    The paparazzi thing seemed very set-up to me. People Magazine reported that when they were filming that part, the normal caravan of the van followed by two cars of production / camera people they normally travel with had the addition of two vans of paparazzi. People didn't say it, but it gave you the impression that TLC had let the paps know when they'd be going so that they could be included in the show.

As for Kate throwing Jon under the bus -- it could be. It could be that he wanted to be a part of all of it, and she refused, or the production refused, in order to depict them being apart. Or, it could be that Jon really was away - that he really had said "you've been on the book tour, now you're finally home, so I'm taking a few days. I'll be home in time for the party'. I'm not sure there's a way for us to know which one is more accurate.

My concern is for the kids they have to be aware of the frosty vibe that is between them. I can't see how this can be good for them at all.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3471187;
    As for Kate throwing Jon under the bus -- it could be. It could be that he wanted to be a part of all of it, and she refused, or the production refused, in order to depict them being apart. Or, it could be that Jon really was away - that he really had said "you've been on the book tour, now you're finally home, so I'm taking a few days. I'll be home in time for the party'. I'm not sure there's a way for us to know which one is more accurate.
    I don't think there is a way to know.
    People just have to watch the show and decide for themselves how they think things went down.
    I don't want to side with either Jon or Kate, although I do see very genuine interactions between Jon and his children and so often Kate's seem "made for tv".
    Seeing how Kate treats Jon I find it easier to reconcile the idea that she cut him out of the birthday planning than him deciding he just didn't want to be part of it. Perhaps he just didn't want to be part of the (imo) staged photo op.
    I'm no better informed than anyone else though and could be reading the situation entirely inaccurately.

I make no bones of the fact I just love little Alexis, so I am biased towards her, but when she was sitting with Jon at the party, just the two of them and she told him she didn't want him to go away again that really did seem like a genuine reaction and I was very choked up by it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3471212;
    Seeing how Kate treats Jon I find it easier to reconcile the idea that she cut him out of the birthday planning than him deciding he just didn't want to be part of it. Perhaps he just didn't want to be part of the (imo) staged photo op.
    I'm no better informed than anyone else though and could be reading the situation entirely inaccurately.
    In my lack of being informed judgement, I can't give Jon that much benefit of the doubt. I see the conflict between them as a classic case where each of them contributed equally to their problems. I think that Kate has become so driven by the idea of capitalizing on their fame to make money (a drive that comes from the motivation of "the more we have, the more we can provide for the kids") that she's lost touch with the nurturing side. But I also think that Jon has allowed resentment over being the guy staying at home get in the way to the point of becoming overly self-centered. I just can't come up with another reason why a man would be away from home as often as he's been documented being gone, or engaged in the behavior (affair or no affair) that he's been documented engaging in. I think that Alexis' comment to him, which you mentioned, indicates that Jon's absences lately have liekly not merely been camera-induced. Neither is a poster child for good behavior right now, so I have a hard time putting so much of it on Kate.
    Last edited by Veruka; 05-27-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3471212;
    I don't think there is a way to know.
    People just have to watch the show and decide for themselves how they think things went down.
    I don't want to side with either Jon or Kate, although I do see very genuine interactions between Jon and his children and so often Kate's seem "made for tv".

I make no bones of the fact I just love little Alexis, so I am biased towards her, but when she was sitting with Jon at the party, just the two of them and she told him she didn't want him to go away again that really did seem like a genuine reaction and I was very choked up by it.
    I felt for little Alexis also. The way she was acting it seemed like he may have been gone more than a couple of days. To a 5yr old a couple of days seems like months.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Did you all notice the body language on J&K in reference to the big chair...Jon was sitting off to the side as though there was a void in his life AND yet Kate was sitting right in the middle of the big chair with pillows all around her and no room for anyone to join her.... Jon! Hmmm......that to me speaks volumes.

So sad...so very sad.

I am so glad this thread is back again! Thank you mods!

I didn't want to watch the show Monday night, but I did. This is just a very sad situation all the way around.

I just wish these two would sit back and think about the children and what all of this is doing to them. How Kate can continue on her silly book signing tours and those speaking engagements while her family is falling apart just makes no sense to me at all. Sure she says she is doing this for her kids....what else can she say? She cannot admit that she loves being out there, and away from home, right?

IF she was really concerned about any of this, she would back off her touring and be at home. How sad that one of the kids called her by the babysitter's name!?!

IF family really came first, they could both opt out of their TLC contract. They would pay a hefty price, but look at the hefty price they are paying right now by having this stuff air on TV!

IF they were really concerned about the state of their marriage, they could have mentioned something along the lines of "We are praying right now to get us through these hard times" or "We are going to sessions right now with a marriage counselor and hope to be able to weather this storm." Instead, neither could say that on the show Monday night. Are they even going to try?

Kate just doesn't get it. Jon does. He has seen that this show, the book tours, the speaking engagements have come at a cost. I don't think either one of them had a clue in the very beginning that this is what happens when you put yourself out there on TV.

I would really like to see TLC pull the plug, give these two time to work out their marital problems privately and, if they decide to stay together, come back on the air as a united family. I would welcome seeing happy faces on the kids again, and happy banter going on back and forth between J&K. Hell throw in a few love taps and eye rolls for old times' sake, even though I always cringed at that! But I read today that TLC is milking this for all it is worth....and will be taping 40 shows this season! Unbelievable!

I don't think I can take anymore episodes where those two cannot even look at each other or speak to each other. I think the only time Kate said anything to Jon at the party was when she told him to take off his sunglasses for the photo! (And maybe once when she told him to do something in the pavilion at that park)

Fortunately, the tups will be in Kindergarten come September. Jon will have a bit of a break while the kids are in school (the tups might even be in an all-day kindergarten come September) and Kate is still out gallivanting all over the place. Jon will probably drive the kids to and from school (the twins are now driven to school by bodyguards; they no longer ride the bus). Mady and Cara are getting older and are probably a big help to Jon nowadays. I could see how helpful they were making up the goodie boxes. I bet Jon has the girls doing more things around the house when Mom is not there.

Onto Monday night's show....I loved seeing the kids have actual friends at their birthday party! Would have liked to have seen actual relatives on hand too! Sad that one of the boys' (Joel?) friend couldn't make it to the party. The moment with Jon and Alexis (?) was so sad and so telling. Kate running up and kissing each tup on camera was too staged for me, however. And when she started to cry and was more concerned about her makeup! Please, get a clue Kate!

I will probably watch a few more shows, to see if there is some kind of improvement. If not, this one is off my list.

Closed Thread