Closed Thread
Page 13 of 285 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3474958;
    ... hope Jon grows a pair and puts Kate in her place. ...
    I wonder if somewhere in the back of her mind, Kate hopes this just a little bit herself? I think Jon's immature ways and passive-aggressive behavior create a void in their marriage/family relationship... and Kate's controlling behavior and shrewlike tendencies are exacerbated as she tries to fill that void. Seems like she might find some relief in having him step up to take a stronger role (in their marriage, not in their show ). But who knows, maybe he's tried that and it didn't work. And I'm slightly embarrassed that I even care this much about the relationship of two people I don't even know.

At any rate, I feel the way their show is being promoted has taken a very unpleasant turn this season. It seems either their marriage is in bad shape, or they are allowing that impression to stir up ratings... and their children are sort of like background stories to the affairs/divorce plot. I hope that isn't the case, but the commercials I've seen for their new season sure appear that way to me.
    remember to play

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3475037;

At any rate, I feel the way their show is being promoted has taken a very unpleasant turn this season. It seems either their marriage is in bad shape, or they are allowing that impression to stir up ratings... and their children are sort of like background stories to the affairs/divorce plot. I hope that isn't the case, but the commercials I've seen for their new season sure appear that way to me.
    I'm very interested in seeing how they handle the upcoming episodes, for exactl the reasons you've said. The producers are in a tough spot. If they do too much acknowledging the issues being dissected by tabloids, then the show takes an ugly turn ... and one that is not very TLC like. But at the same time, if they try to ignore it or pretend it isn't there, then the realism of the show is lost which will be another problem.

Looking at the descriptions of the shows coming up in the next few weeks, it looks like they MIGHT have found a balance, and I'm hoping they have. One show is the kids doing a surprise for Kate's birthday, which could be an episode without Jon. One is Kate going out of town with one of the girls, and Jon being at home with everyone else. If they continue to do shows like that, I think it could work. The only thing about the flow of the show which would be a noticable change would be Jon and Kate doing separate interviews instead of being together on the couch. We'll see soon enough.

FORT Regular

I just don't see a way for Jon and Kate to keep their marriage intact after all that's happened. Do you? I want to hold out hope that any couple can work through their problems, but based on what they've said about one another and the tension that was shown last Monday and their BODY LANGUAGE, I don't know....a good resolution does not seem likely.

I know one thing they better figure something out real quick they have 8 children to raise. The attitudes need to stop and they need to learn how to interact with each other in a way that won't affect their children. Kate needs to put on her expensive Big girl panties and stop acting like a jilted teenager and deal with the situation she helped create. I'm not surprised to hear the marriage is shaky Kate treats Jon like a a kid including when the show first started giving him only $5 A day allowance and getting made when he asked for more.

Jon needs to if he is upset over the tv coverage tell them he will not be participating in the show and interact with his kids in private.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3475053;
    I just don't see a way for Jon and Kate to keep their marriage intact after all that's happened. Do you? I want to hold out hope that any couple can work through their problems, but based on what they've said about one another and the tension that was shown last Monday and their BODY LANGUAGE, I don't know....a good resolution does not seem likely.
    I think that their sort of problems are exactly what good marriage counseling can heal, provided both parties are ready and willing to go through it. From what I see, their problems stem from each of them viewing their lot as the more difficult, and believing the other just doesn't understand, or isn't supporting properly. I think that if the two of them could spend about a year going through counseling - individually and as a couple, they could absolutely come through all of this. But again, the key first step there is that both of them would have to WANT to fix the marraige and themselves.

FORT Fanatic

[B] I think Mady is a perfect example of this family, and their dysfuction. She is an exact replica of Kate, just melts down in a different way. I think for the show to continue is an injustice for these kids. I think some of the others will turn into "Mady's" in years to come.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3475105;
    I think that their sort of problems are exactly what good marriage counseling can heal, provided both parties are ready and willing to go through it. From what I see, their problems stem from each of them viewing their lot as the more difficult, and believing the other just doesn't understand, or isn't supporting properly. I think that if the two of them could spend about a year going through counseling - individually and as a couple, they could absolutely come through all of this. But again, the key first step there is that both of them would have to WANT to fix the marraige and themselves.
    I want to believe that this is possible and that each of them can step outside of themselves enough to see how their actions are affecting their family.

I like to believe it's possible, too. And how true that the key lies in wanting to fix it.
    I don't know if I'd want to see it played out publicly, but it would be great to hear that they both had determined to work together and do whatever it would take to strengthen their marriage... now that would be something worth "doing for the children".
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3475181;
    now that would be something worth "doing for the children".
    So true. They don't need the spotlight or the intrusion upon their privacy. They need consistency and stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3475200;
    So true. They don't need the spotlight or the intrusion upon their privacy. They need consistency and stability.
    its sad that neither of the parents will STEP UP and say...NO MORE filming...we need to do what is right for our children right now...and whether they can put their marriage back together or not is not IMO for me to say but I think they need to handle this with privacy and that the kids should come first and they don't need cameras shoved in their faces while their parents do what ever it is they are doing...lol...

and IF TLC refuses to let which ever parent "stand up" out of the contract I bet there are thousands of lawyers across this country that would take it on not for the money...but to get the publicity that they were the hero...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Closed Thread