Closed Thread
Page 12 of 285 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

FORT Fogey

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Ok I have my problems with these parents like everyone else, but the kids are living their lives with television cameras there. How are they working? Unless they are being asked to act a certain way, maybe they are, than aren't they simply living their lives?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the original premise of this show.....let's have this family show the world what it is like to live with two sets of multiples. Let's show mom doing a zillion loads of laundry a week, clipping coupons, and getting three meals a day on the table. Let's show dad bathing all the boys together, all the girl tups together. Let's show them getting all the kids to brush their teeth. Let's show the world how they make popcorn and have a movie night and on and on.

Maybe the premise was better on paper and once production started, TLC or Discovery found they didn't really make much of a show. As the kids got older, that is when the trips started, etc., etc.

So what the kids are now doing is being filmed going on all of these adventures....to this park, this show, this ski resort, this luxury resort, etc.

There are times when the kids are prompted by the camera crew to do something or say something that they otherwise would not be saying otherwise.

It is a thin line between are they working or simply being filmed doing their normal everyday stuff. It has been reported that the camera crew did prompt the one boy to go up to mom and thank her for the birthday party. There have also been reports where the kids have been strapped into the carseats for an hour while the camera crew gets things set up and gets just the right shot for the show. So are they working? Are they sitting there for an hour normally? They showed how things went for the Good Housekeeping cover shot on one show last year. That was done last July in 90-degree weather for an October magazine cover. The kids were all dressed up in fall sweaters and outdoors. For hours. The next day they were inside in an air-conditioned building, but still this was not something that was just a 15-minute ordeal. So are they technically working?

Child labor laws vary from state to state. The Coogan Law applies to child actors in CA only. PA will investigate to make sure that the kids are not being filmed too often, or when they are sick, etc., and during specific times of the day. (We have seen shows where Jon is lugging out sleeping kids at 3-3:30 in the morning to a waiting limo for a road trip to NYC to be guests on a morning news/talk show. We have also seen where they have been filmed flying all day and well into the night from PA to Park City, UT. How many hours were cameras involved?)

I say let's see what the state of PA comes up with. If everything is kosher, fine. If not, then changes will be made. Win-win situation all the way around.

And add me to the list of fans of Kevin and Jodi. They were not the ones asking TLC to pay them for their time on the show. TLC wanted to pay them, but Kate had a fit about it and, thus, Kevin, Jodi, and their kids (cousins to the Gosselins) are now out of their lives. If there is anyone in the state of PA that has these children's best interest at heart it is Kevin and Jodi!

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3474860;
    I couldn't disagree more with regard to Jodi and Kevin. They love the Gosselin kids and the kids love them, imo, the Gosselin kids also love the Kreider kids.
    I think all the adults should get together to work this out and get the children back into each others lives.
    With all due respect, I'm quite sure your attempts of reconciling with estranged relatives would NOT include the following:

1. Having a relative create a blog blasting their parenting skills

2. Becoming a anon source feeding nasty tab stories for cash

3. Eventually selling stories about that relatives marriage for cash, letting it be known that YOU are the source--and of course, GETTING PAID.

4. Going on talk shows to share personal, embarassing information about that relatives marriage to the world while all the while--get ready for it--GETTING PAID.

Whatever moral high road Aunt Jodie had disappeared a long time ago. Envy and sibling rivalry can make for strange bedfellows, but I can't think of a worse thing to do to a family member. They didn't get paid through the show so they decided to get paid another way, and it's to the detriment of the very children they claim to care about so much.

Shame on them for doing that, and shame on Kate for completely trashing her husband in that interview she did for People. What a nice thing for Mady and Cara to read. :/ These poor kids. Are there ANY adults in their lives that aren't money hungry bastards?
    Last edited by Kao; 05-30-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3474924;
    . Are there ANY adults in their lives that aren't money hungry bastards?
    Um, no...Kate put an end to any of that a long time ago.

FORT Fogey

Hurrah for Jodi and her husband for calling the Gosselin's out on the TRUTH!!! It's not the wicked "sister-in-law"...it's Kate's own biological briother talking too.

hope Jon grows a pair and puts Kate in her place. Her innuendo that this is all Jon's doing is par for the course and just a pathetic as everything else this woman has ever done.

I love this season where Jon says he's there because of the kids whereas Kate is in it because it's her "job". They have so much money that she could turn it all around today and be better off than 99% of people in this country. Jon has a grip on what matters. Kate does not.

Shrew at its best.Or nut job....maybe both. Kate's lost it one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3474924;

Whatever moral high road Aunt Jodie had disappeared a long time ago. Envy and sibling rivalry can make for strange bedfellows, but I can't think of a worse thing to do to a family member. They didn't get paid through the show so they decided to get paid another way, and it's to the detriment of the very children they claim to care about so much.

Shame on them for doing that, and shame on Kate for completely trashing her husband in that interview she did for People. What a nice thing for Mady and Cara to read. :/ These poor kids. Are there ANY adults in their lives that aren't money hungry bastards?
    Jodi and Kevin have been trying to speak out against what they've seen first hand for almost a year now. Everyone was in love with the show at the time and they really had no platform in which to talk about what they, as the only family involved, witnessed. Now that this family has become public fodder due to the actions of both Jon and Kate, they had somewhere to go with their story. The former child actor, Paul Peterson has been an advocate for the children and has supported Kevin and Jodi's cause to get the issue of the exploitation of children in the media to the forefront. This isn't a case of family coming out of the woodwork seeking the spotlight.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3474959;
    Jodi and Kevin have been trying to speak out against what they've seen first hand for almost a year now. Everyone was in love with the show at the time and they really had no platform in which to talk about what they, as the only family involved, witnessed. Now that this family has become public fodder due to the actions of both Jon and Kate, they had somewhere to go with their story. The former child actor, Paul Peterson has been an advocate for the children and has supported Kevin and Jodi's cause to get the issue of the exploitation of children in the media to the forefront. This isn't a case of family coming out of the woodwork seeking the spotlight.
    If their motives are altruistic, why are they getting paid by the tabs? Why are they releasing salacious information about John and Kate's private lives that have nothing to do with the show, or what's going on with the children?

I'm not saying that Jon or Kate is blameless, but goodness, from what I've heard these two creeps have been leaking stories to the tabs before the whole Jon scandal broke for the past year. These people have not been in any of the Gosselin's lives in a year, yet they're still commenting about things that "might" be going on in the house as if they would know. I also couldn't help but notice that their whole "cause" started after Kate gave Aunt Jodi the gate from the show. I guess it's okay to exploit the children as long as you get some gain from it. Honestly, how do any of these people sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3474975;
    If their motives are altruistic, why are they getting paid by the tabs? Why are they releasing salacious information about John and Kate's private lives that have nothing to do with the show, or what's going on with the children?

I'm not saying that Jon or Kate is blameless, but goodness, from what I've heard these two creeps have been leaking stories to the tabs before the whole Jon scandal broke for the past year. These people have not been in any of the Gosselin's lives in a year, yet they're still commenting about things that "might" be going on in the house as if they would know. I also couldn't help but notice that their whole "cause" started after Kate gave Aunt Jodi the gate from the show. I guess it's okay to exploit the children as long as you get some gain from it. Honestly, how do any of these people sleep at night.
    They've been wanting to tell their story to the mainstream press and until now there has been no interest. Do You know if they were paid for any of their interviews? I certainly don't. You're absolutely right in that they've been trying to tell their story for a long time. If you've seen any of the episodes in which Jodi alone or Jodi and Kevin are interacting with the children, you can see that they love those kids and more importantly, the kids loved them. What is a shame is that J&K have succeeded in driving away any and all family involvement from their lives. That is beyond sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3474983;
    They've been wanting to tell their story to the mainstream press and until now there has been no interest. Do You know if they were paid for any of their interviews? I certainly don't. You're absolutely right in that they've been trying to tell their story for a long time. If you've seen any of the episodes in which Jodi alone or Jodi and Kevin are interacting with the children, you can see that they love those kids and more importantly, the kids loved them. What is a shame is that J&K have succeeded in driving away any and all family involvement from their lives. That is beyond sad.
    I've said this before but you can't dispute what is on film and there is no doubt that Jodi and Kevin LOVE those children!
    Just curious, where does the fact that they were paid but the tabloids come from? Is it because the tabloids pay for some of their stories?
    At this point, it looks like Jon and Kate are losing their credibility.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3475018;
    I've said this before but you can't dispute what is on film and there is no doubt that Jodi and Kevin LOVE those children!
    Just curious, where does the fact that they were paid but the tabloids come from? Is it because the tabloids pay for some of their stories?
    At this point, it looks like Jon and Kate are losing their credibility.
    I'm not sure that I can come up with the logic or reasoning behind the notion that there's no disputing that Jodi and Kevin love those children, but somehow there is doubt that Jon and/or Kate love them? I don't think that any of this is about loving the children. I think it is about taking actions that are in the children's best interest. And I agree with Kao -- I fail to see how airing their concerns in such a public manner is Jodi or Kevin putting the children's best interest at heart. I also fail to see how it is that when Kate or Jon do interviews, they're in it for themselves only, but when Jodi and Kevin do it, there's no concern for self-interest -- only concern for the children. As I see it, you've got four adults who are guilty of bad behavior. Two of those adults, as the parents of the children, are ultimately responsible for the decisions. Two of them, apparently can't handle their rightful place on the sidelines.

Closed Thread