Closed Thread
Page 11 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3473914;
    I don't recall the technical terms and explanations of Kate's health. She talked about it at the appearance I attended, and I'm working from my recollection of what she was dealing with. She stated exactly the condition she has (I would guess she names it in the book too) but I wasn't taking notes or anything. Going through infertility treatments now, you obviously know all too well that there are a multitude of causes for infertility, and each has varying degrees of permanence ... and varying degrees of treatment depending on the individual. In some cases, conception is simply more difficult. In others, it is impossible (ie if a woman's body does not produce eggs, she will NOT get pregnant). I think that for anyone who wants more details of Kate's specific case, her first book would probalby be a good resource.
    Yup, I'm well informed of all the degrees of infertility and treatments. I know that some women have no reproductive health issues and still can't get pregnant. I know some women have reproductive health issues and manage to get pregnant and all those in between. I was just responding to you saying you read she had PCOS not to make you feel attacked.

Now that I think about it, I thought I read that she had an IUI done to get pregnant both times. That procedure is usually done if the woman has cervix issues and/or there are sperm issues. Eh whatever, I'm spending to much on this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3474470;
    Yup, I'm well informed of all the degrees of infertility and treatments. I know that some women have no reproductive health issues and still can't get pregnant. I know some women have reproductive health issues and manage to get pregnant and all those in between. I was just responding to you saying you read she had PCOS not to make you feel attacked.

Now that I think about it, I thought I read that she had an IUI done to get pregnant both times. That procedure is usually done if the woman has cervix issues and/or there are sperm issues. Eh whatever, I'm spending to much on this.
    I do not even know what PCOS is, so I don't believe that I said anything about that being her condition. All I said about the specific condition was that I know she said what it was, but I could not remember.

FORT Fan

If Jon and Kate are being investigated then so should Meet the Duggars and the other family reality shows out there.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;3474490;
    If Jon and Kate are being investigated then so should Meet the Duggars and the other family reality shows out there.
    I think that is the intent. There are loopholes in the laws that govern child actors. Reality tv is a relatively new genre so no real laws have been in place for children that are featured in reality shows. One would think that the parents would be responsible for protecting their own children and insure that they are happy and safe. Sometimes personal greed clouds judgement as with the case of Kate Gosselin. Yes, I think Jon is guilty too but imo, he doesn't not seem as obsessed with fame and fortune as his wife.
    If Jon and Kate are as faith driven as they have portrayed during their speaking engagements, they should be praying that they are not prosecuted.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3474646;
    I think that is the intent. There are loopholes in the laws that govern child actors. Reality tv is a relatively new genre so no real laws have been in place for children that are featured in reality shows. One would think that the parents would be responsible for protecting their own children and insure that they are happy and safe. Sometimes personal greed clouds judgement as with the case of Kate Gosselin. Yes, I think Jon is guilty too but imo, he doesn't not seem as obsessed with fame and fortune as his wife.
    If Jon and Kate are as faith driven as they have portrayed during their speaking engagements, they should be praying that they are not prosecuted.
    How many reality show families are there in Pennsylvania? Are there more than the Goesslins? Unless there are, the intent of any investigation would not be to investigate the rest of the reality show families -- they would not have the jurisdiction. CPS is run by the state, not the federal government. So any investigation would have to invovle each individual state. The state of Pennsylvania could not take on investigating all reality show families any more than the state of Virginia could investigate the Goesslins because while they live in Pennsylvania their show is broadcast in Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3474650;
    How many reality show families are there in Pennsylvania? Are there more than the Goesslins? Unless there are, the intent of any investigation would not be to investigate the rest of the reality show families -- they would not have the jurisdiction. CPS is run by the state, not the federal government. So any investigation would have to invovle each individual state. The state of Pennsylvania could not take on investigating all reality show families any more than the state of Virginia could investigate the Goesslins because while they live in Pennsylvania their show is broadcast in Virginia.
    Sorry, I should have clarified....the intent of many that have spoken out on behalf of the Gosselin children is to change the laws that govern reality tv shows to protect ALL children, not just the Gosselins.
    The fact that the Gosselins are finally being investigated by the PA Child Labor Dept is only the first step! It's about time!!!

Also...they are not being investigated by CPS Child Protective Services (not yet anyway), they are being investigated by the PA Child Labor Dept.
    Last edited by luvsginger; 05-29-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Jon & Kate Being Investigated for Child Labor Complaint
    By Nicole Weisensee Egan
    Originally posted Friday May 29, 2009 02:55 PM EDT

Jon and Kate Gosselin are going through a difficult time in their marriage and now they may have even more trouble to deal with.

The Pennsylvania labor department is investigating whether the hit TLC show Jon and Kate Plus 8 is complying with the state's child labor laws, a spokesman tells PEOPLE.

"I can confirm that our bureau of labor law compliance is conducting an investigation as they do whenever they receive a charge," said Christopher Manlove, a spokesman for the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.

Manlove would not say who filed the complaint, when it was filed or what the exact allegations are. "Because the case is ongoing I can't discuss the content of the investigation," he said.

In response to the investigation, TLC released a statement Friday saying, "TLC fully complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Jon and Kate + 8 is no exception. For an extended period of time, we have been engaged in cooperative discussions and supplied all requested information to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor. We will continue to engage the appropriate officials and meet any standards or regulations that are applicable to TLC productions."

The hit show follows the daily lives of Jon, Kate and their eight children.
    Link

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3471149;
    I saw aunt Jodi and Uncle Kevin on The Early Show this morning and it really upsets me to know they don't have access to the children anymore.
    It seems as though Kate takes steps to eliminate anyone who doesn't agree with her from her life, but in doing so she also denies her children access to people who have been around them and loved them all their lives.
    I always felt their relationship with Jodi in particular, as we saw more of that, was nothing but positive.
    Considering how they've been paid by the tabs for a while now for all sorts of salacious information about Job and Kate and on TV airing dirty laundry, maybe Kate was right to do so. I sincerely hope they are never able to see these children ever again. Mady and Cara both know how to read, go to public school and have less than kind classmates who are more than happy to tell them what their Aunt and Uncle has said about their Mom and Dad.

It was more than okay for them to appear on the show...until they didn't get paid and got kicked off the show These vile people don't give a damn about these children. They just want their pound of flesh.

I couldn't disagree more with regard to Jodi and Kevin. They love the Gosselin kids and the kids love them, imo, the Gosselin kids also love the Kreider kids.
    I think all the adults should get together to work this out and get the children back into each others lives.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3474860;
    I couldn't disagree more with regard to Jodi and Kevin. They love the Gosselin kids and the kids love them, imo, the Gosselin kids also love the Kreider kids.
    I think all the adults should get together to work this out and get the children back into each others lives.
    It was mentioned that Kevin and Jodi wanted to try an intervention of some type but I am not sure whatever became of it. You know if Jodi and Kevin were the only estranged family and friends of Jon and Kate, I might think something was up but when you figure both sets of parents, all siblings and bff's (Beth) are no longer in their lives........something is just not right! Not one person has come to Kate's defense in light of all the press lately, NOT ONE....that says a lot......

Closed Thread