Closed Thread

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3531880;
    They are reporting Jon's gf will be joining the show.....
    who is reporting this?
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

FORT Fan

I must be in the minority on this board

I really do not like Kate, However, Think she is ok. I would say 100x over I like her better then I like Whiny, wimpy Jon. Goodness that man needs a backbone, testosterone...something. I cannot stand how he sits there and whines. at least she takes charge and gets it done. I kind of like her dry, sense of humor. Weird. LIke I said, minority

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3531880;
    They are reporting Jon's gf will be joining the show.....
    Is this recent? Last week I read that reports were false, per a TLC statement (6/24/09) saying they had no plans to use her at all.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3532006;
    Is this recent? Last week I read that reports were false, per a TLC statement (6/24/09) saying they had no plans to use her at all.
    They did say it on one of their 'specials' the other night. That they confirmed it, the GF was going to be in cast for next season...then immediately after was read a statement issued by TLC stating it is completely false.

I would not think it wise, with TLC and Gosselins under fire for bad parenting by having them on tv in the first place, to then put the possibly GF with whom broke up the marriage in scenes with the children. Poor taste in my opinion, that is when I will shut the tv off for good on this show.
    I do love watching the kids though. The other day, Joel or Aaden says, quiet dad, we're doin' intebews...SO cute.

Quote Originally Posted by jax_1;3531995;

I really do not like Kate, However, Think she is ok. I would say 100x over I like her better then I like Whiny, wimpy Jon. Goodness that man needs a backbone, testosterone...something. I cannot stand how he sits there and whines. at least she takes charge and gets it done. I kind of like her dry, sense of humor. Weird. LIke I said, minority
    Everyone (and their opinions!) are welcome here. I do not like Jon either, or at least how he is edited on the show. I may post more about Kate but Jon comes off as a passive agressive whiner. And there was a Good Housekeeping article from May where he joked that he always thought he would get married at 52 to some 19 year old....whatever Jon. I could have the ages no exactly correct but still......
    Help control the animal population - spay and neuter your pets!

latest

Not only did Kate ASK for more money per episode, but its been reported that she actually GOT it. Her price went from $75,000
    to $150,000!! Yes, TLC agreed, or Kate said that she'd not do season 5.

so far I havent found confirmation but its being posted about on several other web sites...

also interesting reading

Gosselin divorce raises legal issues | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 06-29-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jax_1;3531995;

Jon acknowledges he should have been stronger. He does seem emotionally "young" to me, and he sometimes says things that are socially awkward.

I think the good news is that by standing up for himself now, he is learning - and, he's growing up.

The difference between he and Kate (IMO) is that Kate is mean and greedy. Jon is neither.

Plus, I like how Jon actually plays with his kids - unlike Kate who simply directs traffic.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-29-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3531981;
    who is reporting this?
    Our Fox News affiliate.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

TLC needs to put this show out of it's misery. I may be old enough to remeber "Love American Style." I only hope we never see "Divorce Gosselin Style" Just cancel this ish already!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3533620;
    TLC needs to put this show out of it's misery. I may be old enough to remeber "Love American Style." I only hope we never see "Divorce Gosselin Style" Just cancel this ish already!
    I couldn't agree more. I can not believe how NO ONE is considering the children!

Closed Thread