+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: Tori and Dean - Professional Reality TV Trainwrecks

FORT Newbie

Re: Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3508861;
    [/B]

I tried to watch the new 90210, but it's not as good as the original and just didn't like the actress who plays Annie. She seemed so fake. So, the only time I may watch it is if I know when one of the old actors is on, not for story line, but for old times sake.

The wacky girl that played in that particular scene was Amy Teegarden who plays "Julie", a main charactor from Friday Night Lights. Since that show was renewed, I kind of figured that story would be short lived. As you said, it went nowhere!

I couldn't agree with you more on Dean. Can't see really what she sees in him as a man. I think he is a pretty good father most of the time, though. I was surprised how much I have enjoyed this show (didn't think I would)!
    I hear ya sister
    Sometimes I feel like an old fart cause I go around saying, "They just don't make TV shows like they used to", I was so excited when I heard about the new 90210, but when the first ep aired, I was thinking it was just wrong, wrong, wrong. The whole Annie & adopted brother move to LA w/ parents to live w/ a rich grandmother??? WTH, it should be a more realistic story (like the original when Brandon & Brenda move w/ parents into a normal (non mansion home) and then let all the drama of the 2 new kids (trying to fit in) unfold at WBHS. It was a good formula, they should have used that in the 2.0 version of 90210.
    I also agree Dean's a good dad, but he's got such a cushy life that Tori provides, and Patsy to boot. He's be a D-bag if he wasn't a good dad. I do think his motorcycle racing is selfish hobby cause he needs to not put himself in danger for those kids sake.
    As far as what Tori sees in him, I think she sees a guy who's better looking than all her other boyfriends/1st husband, so theres the lust factor & Dean "gets" her like her close friends get her & are not afraid to talk like a truck driver/sailor. Tori's 1st husband was uber uptight & the guy lived in denial, he is a religious "type", he thought Tori being herself (the crass part) was unaccetable for someone he was with, I mean real uptight. Tori married him cause she thought she needed to be w/ an "opposite" type, since she had dated huge d-bags in the past (dishonorable type of men who did things like steal her money and slam her looks to her face, etc).
    You know, last week I was telling my sister (who's a big reality tv fan like me) that she should watch Tori & Dean's show, but she refuses cause she sees them as marriage wreckers. I tried to explain to her that I read Tori's side of things, and that honestly, we can't judge these people; and I find Tori to be a very open person (she spares no details in her books), and I believe she was in a marriage w/ a person who was wrong for her, I believe her when she said she felt a connection w/ Dean, and I believe her when she said she never cheated on anyone before, that this was a complicated thing. Now on Dean's end, I'm not as sure. I read in her 2nd book that Dean felt his ex wife was sort of a real mature type (refined) and that he never saw himself like her, he felt unrefined next to her,something like that. However, I could have sworn a few years ago, I read something from Dean's ex saying that they were about to adopt a daughter, and so his ex was shocked by his actions. People who are about to adopt are generally not in a bad place in their marriage,so unless she was forcing him to adopt, I just don't see it.
    Last edited by falconeddie; 06-18-2009 at 06:13 AM.

I enjoy watching this show. However, lately I have been fast forwarding through anything that is Dean alone (eye surgery, motorcycle, etc) it's just boring to me.

I agree that Dean is kind of a dbag, but I think they do genuinely love each other.

The biggest thing that bugs me about them is that they call their kids monkey and buggy. It's really annoying. I don't really think I've ever heard them say 'Liam' and the only time I heard them say Stella was when they brought her home. It grates my nerves similar to when two adults call each other baby.

I've noticed the friend of Tori's she kept when her and her 1st husband divorced isn't on the show like the last couple of seasons. I wonder why. I liked her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3509062;
    I've noticed the friend of Tori's she kept when her and her 1st husband divorced isn't on the show like the last couple of seasons. I wonder why. I liked her.
    Oh yeah, the redhead. I didn't notice she wasn't on but maybe that's because it's been a while between seasons. I wonder if they had a falling out or maybe she moved or something?

I get why Tori isn't talking to her mom but why doesn't she talk to her brother? It's a shame she has no contact with him either. I wonder if her uncle (who looks just like her dad) will be mentioned this season.

I like the cutesy names they have for their children (I did the same with my son but not NEAR as often) but I agree in that it is a bit too much. The children are going to grow up thinking Monkey and Buggy are their real names .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I used to call my nephew Monkey when he was really little. Around 3 years old he told me stop "My name isn't Monkey...It's Dylan!"

But I think its cute...and I don't think its too much at all.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fanatic

I thought it was very sweet of Dean to surprise Tori on Valentines Day.

However, I am SO over them showing Liam's temper tantrums. There's a ton of reasons I don't have children and that's one of them. I know they're trying to show that she's a "normal" mother with "normal" problems, but I mute the show whenever he starts crying and lately they're showing him crying...A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3522144;
    I thought it was very sweet of Dean to surprise Tori on Valentines Day.

However, I am SO over them showing Liam's temper tantrums. There's a ton of reasons I don't have children and that's one of them. I know they're trying to show that she's a "normal" mother with "normal" problems, but I mute the show whenever he starts crying and lately they're showing him crying...A LOT.
    ITA w/Liam. I was surprised that Tori did not say anything to him after he slapped the toy out of the FAO Soldier.... He will become a royal brat if they continue to tolerate that behavior. I have 2 grown kiddos and never do I remember them screaming out as their chicken nuggets and fries were placed in front of them (like last night at MARS 2112). Liam just seems to throw these tantrums ALL THE TIME. He did finally warm up after Tori demonstrated the Potty Dance.
    WOW, Tori sure was busy in last night's epi....flying here and there.
    She is very thin BUT she does not look like she is working out at all (no time) and seems to be eating; so I wonder how she got so thin??

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I think Liam is dealing with the fact that he isn't the center of the universe anymore. Little Stella came along and took up mommy's time. Little ones don't understand whats happened....they only know that mommy isn't giving them as much attention. He's young to have already have a younger sibling. Plus...its normal for that age to throw little tantrums like that. Who knows...maybe he was OVER hungry. I know I get moody when I don't eat I think they are doing a good job at raising both Liam and Stella.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

havign two toddlers is workout enough

sometimes our hormones play with our weight. After my hysterectomy, I took the hormone pills like they wanted and gained like 10 lbs a year...didn't really notice it until I hit 50 extra pounds...stopped taking them and within a year the weight came off and everyone wondered if I had cancer or something

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3522445;
    I think Liam is dealing with the fact that he isn't the center of the universe anymore. Little Stella came along and took up mommy's time. Little ones don't understand whats happened....they only know that mommy isn't giving them as much attention. He's young to have already have a younger sibling. Plus...its normal for that age to throw little tantrums like that. Who knows...maybe he was OVER hungry. I know I get moody when I don't eat I think they are doing a good job at raising both Liam and Stella.
    All kids have tantrums -- some more than others. Oxygen just shouldn't be filming so much of it --makes you want to slash your wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3523501;
    havign two toddlers is workout enough

sometimes our hormones play with our weight. After my hysterectomy, I took the hormone pills like they wanted and gained like 10 lbs a year...didn't really notice it until I hit 50 extra pounds...stopped taking them and within a year the weight came off and everyone wondered if I had cancer or something
    I think it's common knowledge that hormones often causes weight gain among women (wish I could blame mine on that). But as far as Tori -- she was so incredibly thin it looks like she escaped from Auschwitz. Absolutely horrifying. Hope she looks better since the filming.

+ Reply to Thread