+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood

FORT Fanatic

Re: Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood

I'm almost done with this show too. It's the same thing every week. Tori takes on too much, she gets stressed, she "bottles everything in", she goes off on Dean, yet in the end it all works out. Blah, blah, blah, boring!!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3899660;
    ITA ... if anyone watched their first season when Torie was pregnant and they had the bed and breakfast ... they just were so funny to and with each other ... laughing all the time and simply HAPPY! As well as the second season with baby Liam ... very very happy ... now as the years go bye, Torie has changed so much ... and she needs to SLOW down and she needs to STOP worrying about every little thing and she needs to EAT something!

Thank you. She does look very delicate. How does she have any energy being that thin? Can you imagine how fragile she must feel when you give her a hug. Like a bag of bones. It would make me sacred for her. I don't get it when those female celebs claim they are normal size or that they just lost weight after the baby came. It's just not true.

If you look at another thin mom, Kelly Rippa, you would see how average sized she was as a teenager and when she first when on All My Children. She looked normal size. Now she looks about 25 pounds lighter, so I don't buy that she's at her normal size.

What do you think Tori would say if Dean said he felt her lack of eating was a distraction in their marriage and that she was doing that to avoid dealing with something else? I don't think she would like it.

Maybe she thinks she looks good at this very low weight. I really like Tori a lot, but unless much of that drama is scrpted, she does need to lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3899684;
    Thank you. She does look very delicate. How does she have any energy being that thin? Can you imagine how fragile she must feel when you give her a hug. Like a bag of bones. It would make me sacred for her. I don't get it when those female celebs claim they are normal size or that they just lost weight after the baby came. It's just not true.

If you look at another thin mom, Kelly Rippa, you would see how average sized she was as a teenager and when she first when on All My Children. She looked normal size. Now she looks about 25 pounds lighter, so I don't buy that she's at her normal size.

What do you think Tori would say if Dean said he felt her lack of eating was a distraction in their marriage and that she was doing that to avoid dealing with something else? I don't think she would like it.

Maybe she thinks she looks good at this very low weight. I really like Tori a lot, but unless much of that drama is scrpted, she does need to lighten up.
    As you noticed on the show NO ONE mentions her weight at all ... I read somewhere that she does NOT want anyone discussing her weight. Even when she tried the bridesmaid's dress on for her friend, she came out of the bathroom with that dress falling off her needing so much alterations ... in a normal world, a girlfriend would say to another girlfriend, "you are so thin" ... but no one says a word. Even when they went to see Patsy, you would of thought Patsy might have said "eat some food, sweetie" ... but nope, it is not a topic of discussion at all. Period.

And I absolutely remember Kelly when she was on AMC ... she looked fabulous but some called her heavy ... she got the host job on Regis and she proceeded to drop all her weight ...
    KAREN

I guess they don't talk about Tori's weight, because she is in denial. Maybe that is the elephant in the room that Dean doesn't dare bring up and maybe that's why he doesn't rush to comfort her in his arms. Maybe she refuses to get help. You never know. I do hope she wises up for her health sake.

I recall seeing a photo of Kelly and Mark before they got married standing together at some AMC event. She was in a strappy dress and had plenty of cleavage. Now she constantly refers to herself as a boy in that area. Her words, not mine. It's kind of sad. She admits she works out like crazy. What I find annoying about her is when she makes a big deal about how much she ate of something like Goldfish. Please.......

FORT Fogey

Torie obviously is trying to achieve what in her mind is an ideal childhood for her children. What she does not get is there is no ideal in this world. She needs to just do her best to not make the same mistakes that her parents did that hurt her when she was young, and make the same decisions that helped her when she was a child and chill out. Her children are blossoming, and they are doing a wonderful job raising them.

Anyone who says they are having problems quite possibly has a different marriage than I do. Marriages are work, and you cannot be 100% all over each other giddy everyday. There are good years and bad years, and obviously this one is a bad one. They will either get that moment that makes you realize you love each other, or they will not and it will be over, but it is normal to not get each other throughout a marriage, but still make it.

As for the friends, she is forever trying to please everyone in ways that she herself has never been pleased. She has been taught with money that you give to make people happy. Half the people she is giving so much to do not even seem like close friends. I think it is great to help the Guncles adopt and write for them, that is free, but hosting and obviously paying for a friend's wedding when you have so much going on is ridiculous. She obviously surrounds herself with a lot of people that have a lot of time to give to her to make her feel good about herself. I do not have friends that can stay with me anytime overnight, or go across country with me. I think she needs therapy badly.

I really do not think that she would like Dean playing baseball. She just sees other things getting any attention as ignoring her, and associates it with her parents lack of parenting time. She obviously harbors a lot of issues from her childhood still, and until addressed they will keep eating at her.

I agree that she interprets her husband's private time, as her being ignored. Maybe she should seek professional help for that. I think it is Tori who says her marriage is in trouble, more so than the viewers.

I think that most of the volunteer activities that she does for friends like planning weddings is a part of the script. I think they purposefully do that to give the show direction and content. If she wasn't filiming the show, I don't think she would be doing it. That's my take on it.

Recall when she did the commitment ceremony for her gay husband a season or two ago? What was his name? Isn't he different from the guy who is playing her gay husband this season? The other couple adopted a child. Right?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3900488;
    Torie obviously is trying to achieve what in her mind is an ideal childhood for her children. What she does not get is there is no ideal in this world. She needs to just do her best to not make the same mistakes that her parents did that hurt her when she was young, and make the same decisions that helped her when she was a child and chill out. Her children are blossoming, and they are doing a wonderful job raising them.

Anyone who says they are having problems quite possibly has a different marriage than I do. Marriages are work, and you cannot be 100% all over each other giddy everyday. There are good years and bad years, and obviously this one is a bad one. They will either get that moment that makes you realize you love each other, or they will not and it will be over, but it is normal to not get each other throughout a marriage, but still make it.

As for the friends, she is forever trying to please everyone in ways that she herself has never been pleased. She has been taught with money that you give to make people happy. Half the people she is giving so much to do not even seem like close friends. I think it is great to help the Guncles adopt and write for them, that is free, but hosting and obviously paying for a friend's wedding when you have so much going on is ridiculous. She obviously surrounds herself with a lot of people that have a lot of time to give to her to make her feel good about herself. I do not have friends that can stay with me anytime overnight, or go across country with me. I think she needs therapy badly.

I really do not think that she would like Dean playing baseball. She just sees other things getting any attention as ignoring her, and associates it with her parents lack of parenting time. She obviously harbors a lot of issues from her childhood still, and until addressed they will keep eating at her.
    I agree with this. I would also add that this is Tori's first really long term relationship, so she might also be more panicky about the ebb of the relationship than Dean is. I also thought that is was very telling in the last episode when Dean suggested they write their new list of goals, Tori's initial response was very negative, that they "hadn't finished the the first list yet." Dean looked completely WTF in response to that. It seems to me that for her she had a plan for how she wanted her life with Dean and is executing it, and maybe the fear in her head, rather than a need to adjust the plan.

A lot has changed in their lives since they got married and its only been in the last year or so that they settled down in their current house and routine. It isn't surprising that they need to adjust "the plan."

Do you all think that when Dean is gone for periods of time with HIS activities that Tori thinks he is cheating ... I wonder about that; where they both CHEATED with their spouses to be together ... would something like that HAUNT Tori ... ???
    Now as far as Dean goes, I don't think he would ever think that of Tori when she is off traveling promoting her books, or her baby clothes, or her jewelry line.
    Tori's actions just scream INSECURITY to me all the time. I think she would benefit from some counseling.

***Oh and as far as the GUNCLES, I don't think they have adopted a baby yet.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3900917;
    Recall when she did the commitment ceremony for her gay husband a season or two ago? What was his name? Isn't he different from the guy who is playing her gay husband this season? The other couple adopted a child. Right?
    The commitment ceremony was for the guncles, who are in the process of trying to find a surrogant to have their own baby. Mehran was/still is her gay hubby. I love the guncles so much though! They need to be in more of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3900936;
    Do you all think that when Dean is gone for periods of time with HIS activities that Tori thinks he is cheating ... I wonder about that; where they both CHEATED with their spouses to be together ... would something like that HAUNT Tori ... ???
    Now as far as Dean goes, I don't think he would ever think that of Tori when she is off traveling promoting her books, or her baby clothes, or her jewelry line.
    Tori's actions just scream INSECURITY to me all the time. I think she would benefit from some counseling.

***Oh and as far as the GUNCLES, I don't think they have adopted a baby yet.
    I think you're right on the cheating issue. In fact, I think she mentioned it last season. They totally need counseling though. Her personally and marriage too. I hope they do get it this season and this vow renewal they did recently wasn't a last ditch effort.

Let's hope they got smart and got some counseling. When you are insecure, there is no amount of consoling that will make you feel secure. Besides, we don't know what Tori knows. Perhaps she knows things that give her real reason to be suspicious. You never know.

I know it sounds bad, but if he left his wife and kid for Tori, then why is it out of the question that he would leave her and their kids? Some guys have a pattern. They like being in love and that initial love thrill, but once it calms down, they move on to another thrilling relationship. I don't know Dean is that way, but I have seen it.

One thing is for sure. The way she is approaching it, is not working and will likely add to him distancing himself from the marriage.

+ Reply to Thread