+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

FORT Newbie

Re: The Little Couple

I got this gift for my husband a few years ago. It was 10 "hot" laps at Texas Motor Speedway. The put a camera onboard so you also get a video of the driving experience. It was relatively inexpensive (less than $400). Most tracks have a similar program. If you want to be able to do no wrong for a very long time, I suggest you follow Jen's lead.

Okay I finally saw the show last night. Wow! that was a great birthday gift Jen gave Bill. I love the Gaylord Hotel. That was too cute with the couples massage. Would love to have that right now. Great show, can't wait until next Tuesday when Bill goes golfing with Jen's boss.

Jen and Bill are so much fun to watch with all the other drama on tv daily. They are so nice and loving to each other. Bill was funny last night after Jen came home with some funky "bad" pants from Target, to wear to the "Bad Pants" golf tournament. Then the pair he selected looked like he just cut the legs off, yup, "bad" pants (or shorts); indeed.
    Jen is such an awesome doctor...so brilliant and so professional. It looks like she is so well liked at TCH!
    KAREN

I thought the funky pants that Jen wore looked good on her. She also handle the fashion show well. It amazes me that because of her size she always finds the cutes clothes that doesn't make her look childish.

FORT Fogey

Why does TLC feel the need to make all these shows about little people and huge families. I've seen a few episodes of this show and I do think that the woman has an interesting job but I don't know how this couple is able to carry a whole season with their mundane life. Interesting job but boring, boring people. I don't really understand the appeal of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3790043;
    Why does TLC feel the need to make all these shows about little people and huge families. I've seen a few episodes of this show and I do think that the woman has an interesting job but I don't know how this couple is able to carry a whole season with their mundane life. Interesting job but boring, boring people. I don't really understand the appeal of the show.
    I really feel the only reason it appeals to me is because I watch way too much reality TRAIN WRECK shows which this show is not.
    KAREN

That's an interesting question. While I would say, "to each his own," this is my second season watching the show and I really enjoy it. I particularly like seeing how they (especially Jen) have succeeded in a world that would like to define them otherwise. It wasn't too long ago when dwarfs or little people would be relegated to circus side shows and such. I enjoy watching their success and seeing how they will cope with the challenges that come their way. And thus far they are not a living "train wreck" that makes me feel sadness or disgust. There's enough of that in real life. (Or other reality shows.)

They make them because they are cheap, easy and people keep watching them. I remember the heavy emphasis TLC had on do it yourself shows for a long time and before that I even remember when TLC use to show shows that were about learning.

I'm indifferent to shows no matter how mundane they are as long as they aren't exploiting children. This show never particularly interested me but I have seen the couple interviewed on other shows and found them to be interesting people.

I for one don't think it's boring and watch it because it good clean viewing. I am fasinated with the fact that dispite their sizes, they don't let this slow them down. Something positive that I want my kids to see, especially when they whine and tell me what they can't do because it's too hard. Plus Jen and Bill are a cute couple to watch.

I am so sick of shows were girls are sleeping around with guys they just met, and all the fights and calling each other names. If thats what you like then VH1 and MTV can provide that type of entertainment for you.

Saw the show last night on finding a surrogate mother. It brought up two interesting things. One was how expensive it could be. Over $100,000!!!! Few could afford that. The other interesting concept to me was the idea of would a surrogate agree to carry a baby knowing that it had a greater than usual chance of severe birth defects or death. At the very least, it has a 50-50 chance of dwarfism which no matter how you look at it, it's still a challenge.
    I don't know the answer but I hope those two find a way to have children.

+ Reply to Thread