+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

I saw the show Tuesday night about house hunting. I just love Jenn's mom and was wondering if she ever acted before? I swear I've heard her voice before. I had to agree with Jenn, it's much better to build from ground up to ensure you are getting what you want. I don't think an existing home could do that for me.

Next week's show look good as well. I just love this couple.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3771337;
    I just love this couple.
    I just started watching this show and I love it!!! I am now hooked. They are awesome, Bill and Jen!!!
    KAREN

I think custom built is the best bet for them to make sure everything is accessible to them. They already said if they bought an existing house they'd have to redo the kitchen. And there would probably be so many other things in the house they would have to modify (the lightswitches for one). It makes more sense to built and have it your way in the first place.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts;3771383;
    I think custom built is the best bet for them to make sure everything is accessible to them. They already said if they bought an existing house they'd have to redo the kitchen. And there would probably be so many other things in the house they would have to modify (the lightswitches for one). It makes more sense to built and have it your way in the first place.
    They are a charming and delightful couple. I can't wait to see them in their new house, with lots of space and all of their custom built items that fit their needs. Does anyone know how far in advance these segments are filmed? I'm wondering when, in real time, their house will be finished. My guess is that their moving in will be one of the first episodes of next season.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 12-18-2009 at 08:06 AM.

I would also want custom built, but I must say that I feel sorry for Bill. I hate to think of them having to spend another whole year in that cramped apartment. Also, he gave in as far as the location.
    He had wanted to live outside the loop originally because they would get more house and land. He deferred to Jen (which he should've in this case) but it was nice.
    I wonder if it really will take a year to build. My neighbor's house did, but mine is pretty large and with precise scheduling, we did it in just over 3 months. I know that is unusual but it seems like you should be able to get it done in 6 months at least. A lot of construction people need work now so that would help with delays (even taking into consideration the custom things. Some things actually wouldn't take that much longer to customise. They actually make child-size toilets because we have them at my church in the nursery. And light switches at a lower height shouldn't take any longer to install.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3771895;
    I would also want custom built, but I must say that I feel sorry for Bill. I hate to think of them having to spend another whole year in that cramped apartment. Also, he gave in as far as the location.
    He had wanted to live outside the loop originally because they would get more house and land. He deferred to Jen (which he should've in this case) but it was nice.
    I wonder if it really will take a year to build. My neighbor's house did, but mine is pretty large and with precise scheduling, we did it in just over 3 months. I know that is unusual but it seems like you should be able to get it done in [B]6[/B] months at least. A lot of construction people need work now so that would help with delays (even taking into consideration the custom things. Some things actually wouldn't take that much longer to customise. They actually make child-size toilets because we have them at my church in the nursery. And light switches at a lower height shouldn't take any longer to install.
    Yeah but you're talking about Houston Texas. The weather is so unpredictable down here. I think Bill is right that it might take a year. I'm thinking 6 to 9 months tops.

We are currently working with a couple who started building their home the beginning of February & they are still not in their home. It was supposed to be completed before Thanksgiving but then again they have idiots constructing the home.
    I hope they plan on staying in that home a very long time. Re-sale would be a nitemare.
    Any changes to a basic floor plan add to the costs. The kitchen & baths would have to have custome cabinetry & that is expensive.
    I am 5'1" & to make my kitchen easier for me going custom would be expensive & I get everything dealer cost plus doing so would kill value. I will stick to using a step stool.

Like I said, I know it can take that long - my neighbor's home did which we thought was ridiculous. My house is actually larger than their's and had many custom features, too. We also put in hardwood floors upstairs and down when that was just not done (20 years ago.)
    As far as the weather is concerned, Georgia's can also be pretty unpredictable - actually, our weather is similar to Houston's. And the summer we built our house I remember two weeks of daily heavy rain during framing before we could get "dried in." We were in with push-brooms every day getting the standing water off the subfloors - not fun. Having built homes with my husband in the past, I know that a good bit of the time is taken up with scheduling crews and waiting for materials to arrive. It can make you crazy to get going and then your crew isn't going to show up for a week because they are working on another house. I would think a motivated builder (and builders now days sure should be!) could schedule wisely and work it out where it doesn't have to take that long. One thing that can throw it off for them is if this builder is trying to do a lot of the work himself without help. Maybe they could've put a clause in their contract that sets time frames for certain stages to be completed.
    I just hope for their sakes that it doesn't take too long. I remember the episode where they were carting things back and forth from the storage facility. Not fun - not to mention Bill trying to work from home when he doesn't have a dedicated space and there being no yard for Rocky.

Did anyone watch the show last night? If so, what happened and where did Jen take Bill to for his birthday? I was at Costco last night fighting the massive amount of people shopping for spare ribs to cook for Christmas and developed a huge headach. Drank and glass of wine and fell asleep before the show aired. I hope they repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3775874;
    Did anyone watch the show last night? If so, what happened and where did Jen take Bill to for his birthday? I was at Costco last night fighting the massive amount of people shopping for spare ribs to cook for Christmas and developed a huge headach. Drank and glass of wine and fell asleep before the show aired. I hope they repeat it.
    Dallas, TX. The big surprise was Jen whisked him away to Dallas. First on the agenda was a "couples massages" and Bill loved it. Then she told Bill they were going shopping for the rest of the day....he was "ok".....as they got closer to their destination, she blindfolded Bill. She bought him a full day of race car driving. It was called the Texas Driving Experience. He was beyond thrilled. Jen was right there taking pictures. There was some classroom lessons and then a day driving a corvette at speeds of about 80-100mph!!!!

Another great epi!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread