+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

I loved that house and it seems that Jen really wants a place the kids can grow up living by the beach. IMO, since Jen isn't a big person to cook, I would just get a condo in place where you could get prepared meals, indoor pool, playground, and just lots of things for convenience and easy access. Since she's so busy at work, I would want all my down time to be for fun and relaxation. But, they could be looking at it as a place for their retirement down the road. Either way, it's not a bad investment.

As a side note....

Last night, I watched a show about the Galveston,TX "storm" of 1900. It was described in detail and directly compared to 2008's Hurricane Ike (which also hit Galveston) throughout the broadcast. I learned a lot!

After watching the show, I don't think I'd ever purchase beach front property in Galveston. If the Kline's are truly interested in spending time on that beach, I hope they seriously consider renting for a few weeks here and there and not owning a home. Granted, there may not be another 1900/Ike kind of storm to hit Galveston again in the near future but one never knows.

That said, both Jen and Bill would have some navigation issues within a rental home, due to their size.

Whatever they choose to do, I wish them well.

OH yes. Storms are always a danger. My ex had a house near the beach, but vowed to never own one on the beach. The risk is very great. It's not a matter of when you'll get hit, it's a matter of when and how much damage you will sustain. In NC, we have lots of storms. I would hesitate to buy on the beach as well, but it's so nice to be right on the beach.

First let me say that these have been wonderful caring posts. Makes me proud of the people in FORT.

Without quoting everyone - a few thoughts to add.

I agree that production day changes everything. And I suspect the kids get extra treats in order to cooperate on camera. (All parents know what that's like.)

The developer - I think they obtained filming rights on a private beach in exchange for a little publicity. No biggy.

Love of the beach - I don't think she's too off base there. Kids either love it or not. One does, one doesn't. I appreciated their girls' day big time and I'd be right there too.

Love is all. And they sure have that, bless 'em.
    karna68, mika06, momrek06 and 2 others like this.

GREAT post, KTinCT!!!
    KAREN

I'm not opposed to criticism. I get that some viewers may consider Jen and Bill too sugary. The Osmond family fought that label for many years. It wasn't until many years later, that we discovered that they had issues just like any other family. So, I try to keep an open mind.

I do find it amusing that some viewers criticized Bill for torturing the fish he caught. lol I'm not kidding.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not opposed to criticism. I get that some viewers may consider Jen and Bill too sugary. The Osmond family fought that label for many years. It wasn't until many years later, that we discovered that they had issues just like any other family. So, I try to keep an open mind.

I do find it amusing that some viewers criticized Bill for torturing the fish he caught. lol I'm not kidding.
    TOTALLY agree with you, Debb!!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

torturing? For the love of.... I thought he couldn't get the hook out? As someone who went on family fishing vacation, I guess we tortured fish too.

As for them being sugary, I see them as being nice. Why do I have to watch cat fights and people swearing etc.... to be entertained? I genuinely like this family and just adore those kids. I watch them because they make me smile. I don't think they are perfect, but what is wrong with just being nice?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

OH, I agree. I love to watch the family. I pick this over a bar fight any day.
    libgirl2, mika06 and momrek06 like this.

Last night, it broke my heart about will and preschool and him thinking he was back at the orphanage. Poor little one.
    ilja likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread