+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

FORT Fan

Re: The Little Couple

Jen had a hysterectomy to remove the cancer. Typically this is done before chemotherapy is given so that the chemotherapy can mop up anything the surgery doesn't, especially those microscopic cells the surgeons can't get to that can travel to other parts of the body. Is some cases they'll do radiation and/or chemotherapy to shrink a tumor before surgery. However, the uterus is a thick muscle so any tumors that originate in the uterus have a hard time going through the uterine wall. For uterine cancers a hysterectomy is usually all that is necessary to remove cancer from a woman's body. This is why uterine cancer has one of the highest survivor rates of any cancer in women. Depending on grade or staging however chemo therapy or radiation (internal and/or external) may also be completed.

I went through a gyn cancer last year (surgery, chemo and radiation) and they are showing only the tip of the ice berg of what she went through. For example the cameras are there only the day or so before she goes in for treatment. This allows her to go through the worst of the effects of the chemotherapy in private and get back some of her energy and be at her best before the cameras come again. This is my first year watching the show and I'm awed and amazed at what she can do and how well adjusted Zoey is given everything. Total respect for this couple and their commitment to putting family first.

Thanks for sharing Boann! I'm so sorry to hear of your experience last year. I hope you are much better now.
    sclilred1 likes this.

FORT Fan

Thanks. So far so good. No evidence of disease!
    Imperfect1, sclilred1 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    Thanks. So far so good. No evidence of disease!
    That is good news!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I agree that this is probably the most wholesome, respectful reality show I've ever seen. With the exception of the Duggars but that's a whole other animal, lol! But for your mainstream show it's great. I really love watching them.

I love this show too, except now all I want to see is the kids!!! They are so danged cute. I'll bet little Will can be a real handful when he wants to be. Its interesting Bill & Jen have mentioned their food obsessions (Will anyway) but yet they seem to be constantly feeding them...in the car...in the stroller..at home. Perhaps the camera just happens to be there at those times, but Will looks like he would be difficult to lift already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Will's food obsession is concerning. I"m sure that Bill and Jen have consulted with professionals about it. Maybe they were told to give the kids frequent snacks so they don't ever get real hungry, because that could exacerbate the problem. He seems to have no control over his food consumption with a huge preoccupation with the food. I'm not sure how that will get any better, since eating disorders are huge issues with many people. And most of those people didn't start out with their food issues being so extreme.

No doubt there are many children adopted from countries with similar conditions. I hope it doesn't get any worse. They may have to lock their cupboards. Just telling him that there is plenty of food and there is no need to binge doesn't really work. It's like telling an alcoholic they don't need to drink, since they aren't thirsty. It's not about hunger or thirst, but something else that comes from the inside.

All because he wanted cake? It is heartwarming, though, to see toddlers eating vegetables and asking for more of that rather than the carb in the dinner. If it does become a problem as he gets older, they will take care of it. He won't grow that much taller in order to absorb the extra calories as children do, and I'm sure Jen, especially being a Pediatric Doctor, will watch for that.
    Jupiter and nanarama like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a good friend who was very particular about her son's diet. From the time he started eating, she was ultra careful with his food. It was really odd, IMO. He never got cake or cookies, even on his birthday and holidays. He ate only organic food. He had organic turkey and chicken, organic veggies and fruits, rice, oats, whole grains, organic milk, and cheese, farm eggs, etc. Great diet, but he never ate any sweets, except for applesauce, raisins, and pudding. He's older now, so I'm not sure how she's regulating his diet.
    She was very thin and I guess she wanted her son to be thin and healthy too.

I didn't mean to sound ugly about it. Only an observation. Bill and Jen have frequently discussed Will's eating issues. I'm sure they'll work it out. I was only noting they seem to snack a lot.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

+ Reply to Thread