+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Head injuries as I posted are scary.

There was a time in our lives years ago that with head injuries MD's just did not want you to SLEEP for several hours after the head injury.

NOW it's all changed and MD's want you to go to the ER and get your head checked.

I am hoping you are ok now, harleyswife?
    Yes, I'm fine. Just don't read much. LOL!
    momrek06 likes this.

To each his own, but IMO the risks of not going to the ER were far greater than I would be willing to accept. Call it overreaction, but who cares? I'll pay the money over time if necessary and lose a night's sleep, but I will have taken the right precaution in my mind. You might take a chance with an injury to the finger or foot, but the head? I don't think so. Oh, one of good friends got really sick as a kid when her appendice burst. Her dad was a medical doctor. She said he felt just terrible about it and caught a fair amount of ribbing, once his daughter recovered. lol
    momrek06 likes this.

Jen continually answering Will about 'cake'. Naa, I would have just lifted him down and then sent him off to play. I would not have answered him over and over again saying 'no cake tonight'. Just ignore the question. Move on.

I wonder why they sit at the dinner table for dinner and then into high chairs for cookies? I will say those were the tiniest cookies I ever saw. lol

The kiddos eat very well. Watching them eat all their 'greens' was awesome.

So cute Jen and Zoey playing with the medical kit. I am so sure that helped make Zoey more comfortable with her exam. I hope her teeth all come in.

Sounds like Jen is doing VERY WELL with all her treatments.
    KAREN

They do eat better then most kids I have seen that age. Maybe its the fact that they were living in countries where you didn't always get much choice and had to eat whatever you could. In this country many of our kids turn their nose at good food because they are bombarded with images of junk and often indulged in these foods. I remember a good friend of mine who, when her son was about 2, always making him chicken nuggets because "that is all he wants to eat". Sure because you give it to him all the time. The kid can do without a meal, when he is hungry most likely he will eat what you give him, if not then he can be hungry. I know bad attitude.

Will really wanted cake! I think Jen didn't quite know how to handle that. He did eventually get off the subject.

Those kids are so cute and for the most part I really think they have adjusted very well.
    momrek06 and Debb70 like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I thought those cookies were really tiny, too! However, in reality, that's all that the kids "needed", and they were satisfied with the treat. I, myself, would have been sorely disappointed!
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    I thought those cookies were really tiny, too! However, in reality, that's all that the kids "needed", and they were satisfied with the treat. I, myself, would have been sorely disappointed!
    ME TOO!!!! lolol
    KAREN

I think that Jen overacted on the cake issue partly because of inexperience and partly because they were filming and she wanted to do the right thing on camera. Nothing wrong with that. There would have been nothing wrong with telling Will there is no cake and letting it go. If he wants to stay seated, okay. If wants to cry and whine about cake, okay. Just move on to your chores and let him get it out. He'll be fine.

The same with Zoey. If she flops on the floor, let her lie there. She'll get up when she's ready. You don't have to pull on her and keep talking. I suspect Jen didn't want to appear disengaged. I get it.

I would get a professional opinion about the food obsession though. Now they can control the food, but in a few years, they may end up putting locks on the fridge and cabinets. Dealing with it sooner than later seems ideal to me.

It's difficult enough to discipline children in the privacy of your own home let alone in public or on national television. I think we see Jen overcompensate a bit because she's being watched by millions of people and is trying to do it "right"...whatever that is. I bet when the cameras aren't running she is less tolerant of darling Will's demands.

I love this family.
    Debb70 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I didn't watch the "last chemo" episode, but saw the promos. It's so refreshing to see a couple who compliment each other on how they could not have worked through a major challenge without each other's support. So different from other couples who seem to blame all of the family problems on each other - and none of them have had to deal with a life-threatening issue regarding one of the spouses.

I always go back to one theory. Yes, producers can edit film . . . but they can't put in or out things that weren't actually said, and the tone of voice in which they were said. I know they can cut and paste, but I can't see any circumstance under which I would allow myself to be filmed showing some of the behaviors we've seen from the Brown "family," the Gosselins, the Roloffs, etc.
    tinderbox and Debb70 like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I worry about Bill's health. He seems to have gained weight from the time they brought Zoey home.

Don't you love the new logo with the two smaller paper doll cuttouts in front of the big ones?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread