+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree344Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I love this show too. Last night was the only time I kind of wondered about a few things though. Considering what Zoey had been through, I wouldn't have pushed Santa on her. Too much, too soon for a child who has gone through such a huge transition. Santa frightening her was not the same as him scaring a child who has not gone what Zoey has gone through. I didn't like it.

And, I know Jen is a doctor and maybe I'm overreatcing, but I'm not sure I would be that casual with a head injury. I guess Jen could monitor her for a concussion at home. My mind just goes to Natasha Richardson.

The rest I really liked. I was relieved to see that even though Jen was in chemo, she was at home and bonding with the kids the whole time. When does she get her surgery?
    I think they wanted the kids to have a Christmas like any other (American) child, tears and all. Zoey seemed fine after it.

As for her head, I am sure Jen had that go thru her head (it did with me) but I would trust her.

It was a cute episode. Will even had a melt down! Wow! I love how Zoey imitates what he does.... he jumps on Bill, so she does too. It is so cute!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

OK, I am not a Doctor and I don't play one on TV BUT in my honest opinion had Zoey been my child the other night, we would have been right off to the ER.
    NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
    I kept yelling that at the TV ..... "please just take her to the ER". Hmm.

I realize Jen is an MD but Zoey may have needed stitches and head injuries are dangerous. Hitting her little tiny head on that Marble, YIKES.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

"Moms overreact, Doctors underreact." Jen Arnold, M.D. who struggled to find middle ground while evaluating the wound. It was a scalp wound. Scalp wounds bleed copiously. The crying stopped once she began treatment. She would have been looking for signs of concussion. I think she made the right decision.
    nanarama and Lollipops like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    "Moms overreact, Doctors underreact." Jen Arnold, M.D. who struggled to find middle ground while evaluating the wound. It was a scalp wound. Scalp wounds bleed copiously. The crying stopped once she began treatment. She would have been looking for signs of concussion. I think she made the right decision.

The thing is Jen did not even know what happened to Zoey. She kept asking Bill, "what happened" ... nope, I am not an MD but my family is LOADED with MD's and Nurses ... so coming from that and growing up in a house of all medical personnel ... I am standing by my own 'peace of mind' of going to the ER.

This country has been 'schooled' the last few years about HEAD injuries. Get.Them.Checked.Out.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I think Jen did the right thing. The woman is a medical doctor. I think she panicked at first because it was her child and the first time she has ever had the experience. Once Dr Jen calmed down she realized that it was not that serious. Head wounds bleed alot and she did what her mind told her was the right thing to do.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I would have taken her to the ER too, just for a second opinion. Then I would have been ripping out that fireplace surround! Even the slightest bump on the head can cause damage. I had a head injury when I was little. Didn't realize until years later that I had minor brain damage until I started having trouble comprehending things. I could read a page in a book and forget the first part before I got to the end. Or I'd have to re-read a sentence over and over to make sense of it.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    I would have taken her to the ER too, just for a second opinion. Then I would have been ripping out that fireplace surround! Even the slightest bump on the head can cause damage. I had a head injury when I was little. Didn't realize until years later that I had minor brain damage until I started having trouble comprehending things. I could read a page in a book and forget the first part before I got to the end. Or I'd have to re-read a sentence over and over to make sense of it.
    Head injuries as I posted are scary.

There was a time in our lives years ago that with head injuries MD's just did not want you to SLEEP for several hours after the head injury.

NOW it's all changed and MD's want you to go to the ER and get your head checked.

I am hoping you are ok now, harleyswife?
    harleyswife likes this.
    KAREN

I wasn't as concerned with the bleeding on the outside, as I was with potential of bleeding on the inside. It's what you couldn't see that was so dangerous. The last couple of years I have heard nothing but go to the ER when you hit your head, because not doing so can be very dangerous. As I said upthread, Natasha Richardson didn't think she needed medical care either. She went back to her room and within hours was too far gone to recover.

I do respect Jen, but on that fall, I just disagree with her decision. Of course, she was right, but what if she hadn't been. There was no way she could be sure it was more serious and if it had been and she did nothing and the child died, .......I wouldn't want to live with that, so the E.R. is where we would have gone.
    momrek06 likes this.

If my mother had taken one of us to the hospital every time we fell and hit our heads, she would have been a busy woman. Jen is a MD and once she went into that mode was able to assess the situation and make a decision. I am sure she checked on Zoey constantly.
    MsDiva2007 and Lollipops like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wasn't as concerned with the bleeding on the outside, as I was with potential of bleeding on the inside. It's what you couldn't see that was so dangerous. The last couple of years I have heard nothing but go to the ER when you hit your head, because not doing so can be very dangerous. As I said upthread, Natasha Richardson didn't think she needed medical care either. She went back to her room and within hours was too far gone to recover.

I do respect Jen, but on that fall, I just disagree with her decision. Of course, she was right, but what if she hadn't been. There was no way she could be sure it was more serious and if it had been and she did nothing and the child died, .......I wouldn't want to live with that, so the E.R. is where we would have gone.
    TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, Debb!

Big deal if your parents are at the ER 24/7. My parents had 5 kids, we were there all of the time. Its what happens when you have children.
    Going to the ER is called "peace of mind".
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread