+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree344Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

Will is just the most precious child. He was mimicking to Zoey the things that Bill had done with him the first night they were together, such as pushing the car around, reading, offering drink, showing affection, etc. What a loving and intelligent little boy. I see why Bill and Jen are so proud of him. It's like he has their good heart too.

Seeing that the orphanage had held Zoey there for all those months knowing a home was waiting for her made me angry.

On Katie Couric, Bill said that he had a difficult time dealing with Zoey for awhile. He said she cried nonstop and they had to get professional advice, but their advice had worked and she had calmed down.
    momrek06 likes this.

The whole episode really was such a difference from Will. He cried, but he seemed to settle in very quickly. He was prepared for this and knew, as much as he could, what was going to happen. IT brought tears to my eyes when he tried to make Zoey happy and kissed her. I didn't realize it until you said, he did just what Bill did with him.

Poor little girl, I think she had a tough time at the orphanage and should have been with them ages ago. They did say she was moody. Thank God that Will is so good and kind hearted and happy, it will make it easier for all of them.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

OMG, what a GREAT episode. I was in tears. WILL, what a special little boy!! Kudos to Jen and Bill for preparing him so well for the arrival of his little sister.

Poor Zoe, 2yo and the whole time she was in a very poor section of India and in an orphanage. No wonder she had a hard time adjusting. She seemed to really love the lady all dressed in white.

I did love the last scene with all four of them on the bed sleeping. Sooooooo special so sweet.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

Another heartwrenching show last night. Of course, Jen and Bill handle things so well. Zoey has calmed down a little bit. Bill conversing with her was so touching.

The elephant scene concerned me. Elephants are known to get rowdy and hurt people. I guess Bill hasn't heard of that. Please Bill, no more elephants.

It seemed that Indian doctor didn't realize that Zoey was a dwarf. I wonder if she is actually a different kind of dwarf than they had thought, due to her extremely small height.

Will is really an exceptional child. He seems to have it so together and is so sun shiney. Zoey just stares with those beautiful big eyes of hers.... I notice she likes to be held. She held her arms out for Bill several times. Poor little one, she will settle down and one day both children will realize how lucky they are to have two wonderful loving parents like Bill and Jen.

Oh last night was so heartbreaking, Debb.

I felt AWFUL for Jen. Esp because at this point we all KNOW what has happened while she and Bill did not.

I think the MD knew Zoey was a dwarf as the MD asked Bill about "Achondroplasia". (It is the most common form of dwarfism and Zoey is like Amy and Zach Roloff.)

THANKFULLY, no TB.

I HATED the elephant scene. They are very dirty animals. And large and scary. Ugh.

The hotels they stayed at were beautiful. The one in New Delhi with the cribs side by side; just lovely and so spacious!

And then the entire hotel staff waving at them as they left Mumbai was so cool.
    elleprn likes this.
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

This show is an example of the BEST of "Reality TV."

Even though Bill and Jen are educated people with good jobs who didn't NEED this show for the income, they have allowed viewers to watch the challenges they have because of their physical challenges. Then we got to watch them go through the adoption process twice, and now we are included as they battle the very real concerns about Jen's health. It's so refreshing to see how people CAN and SHOULD handle things.

So much better than manufactured drama . . . TLC should find more families like The Little Couple who can give us lessons in how to behave well.
    momrek06, Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

REf. the doctor. He only asked that after Bill had prompted him several times. He mentioned height, then Bill would say yes, then Bill inserted the part about achondroplasia. And Bill said it first. No big deal, but I do think that the doctor was not familiar with it. Not surprising. Most MD's don't know much about diabetes either. I guess they don't teach much of it in med school and then you don't see much of it in practice. But, I do understand Jen not wanting to be in India and relying on them for her medical care. I think I would feel that way about most countries. She must have sensed it was serious.

As tough as it's going to be. I still can't wait to see the kids get home and Jen get well!
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    REf. the doctor. He only asked that after Bill had prompted him several times. He mentioned height, then Bill would say yes, then Bill inserted the part about achondroplasia. And Bill said it first. No big deal, but I do think that the doctor was not familiar with it. Not surprising. Most MD's don't know much about diabetes either. I guess they don't teach much of it in med school and then you don't see much of it in practice. But, I do understand Jen not wanting to be in India and relying on them for her medical care. I think I would feel that way about most countries. She must have sensed it was serious.

As tough as it's going to be. I still can't wait to see the kids get home and Jen get well!
    Thanks, Debb, I was trying to read the cpations and I thought the MD mentioned dwarfism first!

Oh me too, as far as understanding that Jen wanted to be in the States for medical care.

She stated (I believe to Dr. Oz) that she choose Texas Children's Hospital (her hospital) because she knew that they had state of the art instruments and equipment esp designed for children and Jen knew she would need that size equipment.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Thanks, Debb, I was trying to read the cpations and I thought the MD mentioned dwarfism first!

Oh me too, as far as understanding that Jen wanted to be in the States for medical care.

She stated (I believe to Dr. Oz) that she choose Texas Children's Hospital (her hospital) because she knew that they had state of the art instruments and equipment esp designed for children and Jen knew she would need that size equipment.
    I never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread