+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

Wow, Jen's cancer stemmed from a failed pregnancy (embryo with no heartbeat) last September. Lovely photo of her on People mag shows her wearing a beautiful wig. Jen tweeted that she is on chemo #7 and is now bald.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Wow, Jen's cancer stemmed from a failed pregnancy (embryo with no heartbeat) last September. Lovely photo of her on People mag shows her wearing a beautiful wig. Jen tweeted that she is on chemo #7 and is now bald.
    Wow, no wonder articles were stating it was a very rare form of cancer. Can you just imagine getting cancer from a failed pregnancy, how sad sad sad.

The Kleins and Arnolds are in all my prayers daily.

JEN IS AMAZING.

Here is the article in PEOPLE.

Jen Arnold Opens Up About Her Brave Cancer Fight - TLC, Cancer, Health, Bill Klein, Jennifer Arnold : People.com
    Last edited by momrek06; 12-11-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

They don't give all the details, but I wonder if she and her doctors knew the deceased embryo was still in her body? I know she lost one child, but I thought that one was that was implanted in the surrogate.

When I first heard of the cancer, my first thought was that the hormones that induce the body to produce many eggs had caused the cancer in Jenn. I know it's not proven, but Elizabeth Edwards died from cancer after she had TWO pregnancies in her early 50's after fertility treatment to have both of her youngest children. The Edwards family lived here in Raleigh, NC for many years and we have always believed it caused her cancer, but what do I know. It does make you wonder though.

I'm praying for Jenn and hoping that this turns out well for her. I just hope this family can be happy and healthy for awhile.
    momrek06 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm speechless, and so, so sad for Jen. How tragically ironic that after all the pain and anxiety and heartbreak she went through to have a baby, (not to mention all the pain she went through, having to do with her dwarfism) it ends up that the fetus she FINALLY conceived, not only died, but caused her to have cancer. Wow. Life can be so cruel. Unbelievable!

But super-kudos to Jen. She is such an unbelievably amazing woman! I can't even begin to give her enough credit for being the person she is.
    Kip, momrek06 and Dragonlady like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Jen posted this chemo picture of herself.

What an amazing woman. Even with all she has going on, she's staying positive.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Jen posted this chemo picture of herself.

What an amazing woman. Even with all she has going on, she's staying positive.
    She IS amazing.

Praying so hard for her.
    Imperfect1 and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

Me too. My heart breaks for her, and I want so much for her to beat this miserable disease!!!
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Me too. My heart breaks for her, and I want so much for her to beat this miserable disease!!!
    Oh Lord, ME TOO!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

She has a real spirit, God bless her.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Good news from Jen! The Daily Mail Reports:

'Me 1, cancer 0!' Little Couple star Jen Arnold announces that she is in remission'
    The 39-year-old was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer of the uterus after bleeding during a trip to adopt her daughter in India. She had fallen pregnant in August but the embryo had no heartbeat and when it was removed, leftover cells led to the cancer. Doctors later learned she had three tumors on her lungs. She announced in a series of excited tweets that she has beaten the cancer.

Dr Jennifer Arnold, the star of TLC's The Little Couple, has revealed she has beaten cancer in a series of excited tweets.

'It's official - ME 1 vs CANCER 0... I WIN!' she wrote on Tuesday. 'Thank you for all the prayers, thoughts, & support... What a wonderful way to celebrate #WorldCancerDay! I am done with cancer!'

The 39-year-old mother-of-two, who stars in the show with her husband Bill Klein, was diagnosed in October with choriocarcincoma, a cancer caused by a non-viable pregnancy she had suffered. She underwent intensive chemotherapy treatment - and regularly updated her fans with her progress on Twitter - before announcing the great news on Tuesday. 'I had my official last chemo treatment,' she added to People magazine. 'And while I'm hesitant to say I'm cancer-free - maybe that's common for people who have had cancer - I'm doing great. Everything is moving in the right direction. I am very excited.'

Her blood count will now be monitored weekly to ensure that her cancer does not return, then after several months, she will be tested every month, and then every year. She added that she was able to get through the chemotherapy - which left her tired and nauseous - with the help of her husband and the joy of her children. 'Bill knows when I'm not doing well and he takes such good care of me,' she said. 'That was huge.

'That and enjoying watching my children play was a huge uplifting part of my treatment. With kids running around, you don't have much time to feel sorry for yourself.' Her fertility issues have been well documented on the show, and she was shocked when she became pregnant in August - although she said she was not surprised that an ultrasound showed the baby had no heartbeat. 'I had figured it wasn't going to be viable,' she previously told People magazine. The embryo was removed but cells were left behind and sparked the quick-growing cancer. She began intensive chemotherapy while her husband was still in India. But the mass in her uterus failed to respond to the chemo and grew four times its size - and then three tumors appeared in her lungs.

Arnold, who has been wearing a wig, detailed the terrifying moment that she learned something was wrong in an interview with People magazine. 'There are moments I feel just terrible,' she told the publication. 'I can't believe it is happening. Other times, I feel like this is just a bump in the road.' Doctors were forced to give her a hysterectomy - which they saw as their last resort because of her small airway. An initial setback came when her chemotherapy was postponed for a week because of low blood counts, but said the 'silver lining' was that she was able to have 'a better Xmas' with her family. Throughout her treatment, she shared images with her followers on Twitter - uploading adorable images of her son Will, as well as photos of her in the hospital. She also uploaded a photograph of her mother to thank her for her support. 'My parents have been a great support during this challenging time! Love them!' she wrote as her lookalike mother posed beside her in the hospital bed.

Read more: 'Me 1, cancer 0!' Little Couple star Jen Arnold announces that she is in remission after chemotherapy | Mail Online
    sclilred1 and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread