+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Little Couple

Yes, Will clearly is close to Bill. But he also cries and is so sad when Jen leaves for work. So he must care about her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Yes, Will clearly is close to Bill. But he also cries and is so sad when Jen leaves for work. So he must care about her too.
    True. I think Bill is his "Bud" right now and Jenn is mom.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I really love this family and was so happy to see the Father's Day episode. I don't think I've ever seen a kid so impressed with cars and trucks! Jenn has fallen into Will's mother role so naturally. The t-shirts were cute.

When I saw the way Will began eating in that burger joint, I started to wonder if there is some medical reason for his ravenous behavior towards food. I know, it could be that he was given limited portions in China due to the availability of it for all the kids, but I wonder if there is more to it. I recalled a medical condition that causes children to be extremely hungry all the time. Their bodies tell them they are hungry and it's not something they can control. Delayed speech, curved spine and sleep apnea are other symptoms of the condition which Will also has.

I have seen children on tv with it. The parents have to lock the fridge and cabinets to limit their access. And when they can't get food they will eat other things like paper or wood. It's called Prader-Willi Syndrome. I hope I'm wrong because that is a chronic condition that is very difficult to deal with.

Prader-Willi syndrome: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

I think he just has a good appetite and was taught to eat everything. In this country, we fight with our kids to get them to try new foods and end up being happy when they eat one chicken nugget. This is a kid who probably was fed quite well and plenty of veggies, fruits and rice.

I hope you're right. I've just never seen a toddler with much of an appetite. They normally just eat one bite here or there and then have no interest, even with treats.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I hope you're right. I've just never seen a toddler with much of an appetite. They normally just eat one bite here or there and then have no interest, even with treats.
    You never saw my son eat! lol! And he is not overweight, eats anything you put in front of him and alot of it. Oddly, he doesn't like too much fast food like McDonald's. Put some sushi or a big salad in front of him and he is happy.

Looks like Will made it through his surgery! Yay! And next week Jenn will be spending some alone time with him. Her and Bill pretty much admitted Will is very attached to Bill. I still think Will loves her, she just isn't Bill for him.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I really love this family and was so happy to see the Father's Day episode. I don't think I've ever seen a kid so impressed with cars and trucks! Jenn has fallen into Will's mother role so naturally. The t-shirts were cute.

When I saw the way Will began eating in that burger joint, I started to wonder if there is some medical reason for his ravenous behavior towards food. I know, it could be that he was given limited portions in China due to the availability of it for all the kids, but I wonder if there is more to it. I recalled a medical condition that causes children to be extremely hungry all the time. Their bodies tell them they are hungry and it's not something they can control. Delayed speech, curved spine and sleep apnea are other symptoms of the condition which Will also has.

I have seen children on tv with it. The parents have to lock the fridge and cabinets to limit their access. And when they can't get food they will eat other things like paper or wood. It's called Prader-Willi Syndrome. I hope I'm wrong because that is a chronic condition that is very difficult to deal with.

Prader-Willi syndrome: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com
    This was my first real time seeing this show! BOY AM I IMPRESSED!!! And I was having a somewhat of a sucky day/week up to that point. They are just soooo adorable! When the world of reality tv has sunk to crashing new lows with bigots and rats and hysterionic dramatics, it's so heartening to see this uplifting family!

As far as the baby's appetite is concerned, I wouldn't worry about it. My son had a ravenous appetite when he was a baby and toddler. Basically, anytime he was experiencing a growth spurt was an eating machine! Now he has grown up to be a handsome and intelligent six foot, 155-160 lbs who just graduated from college.

Will's preoccupation with cars also reminded me of my son when he was that age. I hope that he keeps it up because, again (I hope I'm not boring anyone about my son! Haha!) my son had the same fixation! There's something to be had with having someone who is great in car repair in the family!

I can't be any happier for this family who happen to find each other!!!!
    libgirl2, momrek06 and sclilred1 like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

While Will is close to Bill, I thought the bond with he and Jenn was clear during the surgery episode. When we're sick there's something about having mom with us that's a must.

It took me back to when I was 5 and have the same kind of surgery, except I didn't have ear tubes. It was scary for me. I recall it very well. I was also in a lot of pain for a few days. I was so sick to my stomach that I couldn't even eat ice cream. I just felt very nauseous. It looked like Will had a better experience. He bounced back really fast!
    libgirl2 likes this.

I just love Will. He is so cute and so happy.

+ Reply to Thread