+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3538800;
    Thanks to momrek06 for pointing me to this thread.

I just started watching this show. I really enjoy them. And she's a great tv personality! She's adorable & smart & a role model & beautiful. Bill is a little tense, but he may calm down. It's obvious he adores Jen.
    hutch, you are very welcome!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;3484545;
    I am finding that Bill is a bully. It is very subtle.
    For this reason alone I'm going to find something else to watch. When oh when can we watch Nadya's Family?
    sigh.
    Better yet, it's sunny out, I've got a book to read. See you later.
    I thought I was imagining that about Bill. Glad it wasn't just my cynical old self and that you see it too. It is very subtle and he is Very controlling (And I think he's also jealous of his wife's career and intelligence.)

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3539017;
    I thought I was imagining that about Bill. Glad it wasn't just my cynical old self and that you see it too. It is very subtle and he is Very controlling (And I think he's also jealous of his wife's career and intelligence.)
    Socks77, I don't see any of that in Bill. All I see is a typical guy who truly loves his wife and wants to do all the things to make her happy. I really love this show.

FORT Newbie

I hope this show doesn't go the way of Jon & Kate or Little People, where the show becomes nothing more than a 1/2 hour infomercial for all the freebies they acquire. It's possible (though unlikely) that Bill was able to arrange a private "visit with the penguins" and, given the Little Couple's income level, reasonable to think they'd go to Hawaii for a week, if I see too much of "what can TLC give them this week", I'll turn it off.

FORT Newbie

Just watched the latest show, and it might be my last. It's turned into another one of those "What can TLC buy for me this week?" shows. In one half hour show, they swam with the dolphins ($220 per person) and went to the luau ($95 per person). Have no idea what the private yoga lesson, hula lessons for four people, or private golf lessons for Jennifer and her friend cost, but I did "manage" to see about 10 times that they were staying at the Hilton. You can be sure that Jen & Bill didn't pick up the tab for any of this stuff.

No matter how interesting a person is or how inspiring their story is (and Jen and Bill are certainly interesting people), it wears thin to watch the flow of money to the Little Couple, or Little People, or Jon & Kate + Eight. It's even harder to watch this extravagence during these tough economic times when so many are wondering if they'll have a job a week from now, or worried because they lost their job this week.

Well, at least they do have jobs that pay well. I can't see them giving up work to do it full time.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fanatic

I have to admire Jen's dedication to her job as a neontologist. What a lot of hard work it took to get there.

Not that long ago, they were looking for a house to buy - obvously at a income level most of us can only dream about. Therefore, I was startled when they took an expensive vacation to Hawaii. Then I realized most of it was donated - must be nice.

What I've been noticing is how many things I take for granted in terms of everyday mobility. It must be very tiring to climb up and down on stools, chairs, etc. at work and then come home and do the same thing again. I really hope they find a home they can renovate/build to their specifications, because I couldn't imagine having to do all that climbing. I just happened to notice on one of the eps when Jen was at work how much climbing she had to do and then again when she came home.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormWarning1;3586461;
    Just watched the latest show, and it might be my last. It's turned into another one of those "What can TLC buy for me this week?" shows. In one half hour show, they swam with the dolphins ($220 per person) and went to the luau ($95 per person). Have no idea what the private yoga lesson, hula lessons for four people, or private golf lessons for Jennifer and her friend cost, but I did "manage" to see about 10 times that they were staying at the Hilton. You can be sure that Jen & Bill didn't pick up the tab for any of this stuff.
    It's not unreasonable that they may have picked up the tab if they had gone on the vacation themselves. It is not that expensive for a couple with two good incomes. When I was a teenager we went to Hawaii several times and we went on whale watching cruises, to luaus, hula lessons, did the dolphin thing. It is also possible that they could have bought a package that included hula dancing and golf lessons.

I don't think they did, I think the show and the Hilton probably picked up the tab, but at least it wasn't stuff they wouldn't ordinarily have done. Such as taking your 8 kids on a ski trip to Utah - that is not a reasonable scenario.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I'm giving "Little People" a pass on their taking freebies. At least (so far) it is not as blatant as other shows. They are incredible people and I enjoy their personalities.

+ Reply to Thread