+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

I believe the move is meant to be very temporary until Jenn's parents see where they want to live in Houston. If/when the apartment is done, they can have their own space, cook their own meals and so on. I wouldn't have wanted to live with my in-laws (perish the thought!) though my father lived with us for a short time before he passed away and that worked out well (except for the little matter of his dementia.) Hopefully it will be very brief and they will maintain the good relationship they've enjoyed.

FORT Fanatic

First of all, I admire these two people tremendously. They lead busy, productive lives. Having said that, why on earth did they build the Taj Mahal? Even if they adopt a child and get a live-in nanny, how much room do they possibly need?

They sure need someone to clean it since both people have limited physical skills. Why didn't they build a one-story home and eliminate the whole need for an elevator?

Jen's mother was totally out of line locking horns with the decorator. She is only staying there temporarily. I found that very annoying, but it's probably just staged to create conflict for the show.

I hope that the couple is able to live in the house for many years because it would be very difficult to re-sell it with all the special features they selected due to their small stature.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150 View Post
    First of all, I admire these two people tremendously. They lead busy, productive lives. Having said that, why on earth did they build the Taj Mahal? Even if they adopt a child and get a live-in nanny, how much room do they possibly need?

They sure need someone to clean it since both people have limited physical skills. Why didn't they build a one-story home and eliminate the whole need for an elevator?

Jen's mother was totally out of line locking horns with the decorator. She is only staying there temporarily. I found that very annoying, but it's probably just staged to create conflict for the show.

I hope that the couple is able to live in the house for many years because it would be very difficult to re-sell it with all the special features they selected due to their small stature.
    I'll try to address your question about the two story house. If my memory serves me correctly, when they first started looking at houses, they talked about that. At first they looked at existing houses and considered refitting it to fit their needs, but after coming up unsatisfied they considered building. They wanted to stay in an area near the hospital. Thing is, those neighborhoods already have houses and if you want to build, you have to move further away. They bought an existing house on the biggest lot they could find in the area near the hospital and tore it down, to build their new house. In order to build a one story sprawling house, they would have needed a larger lot, which they did not have. Plus, they wanted a pool, which is undertandable, since that is a good exercise for people with joint problems. That's my take on it.

Anyone heard any spoilers as to whether or not the surrogate is now pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Anyone heard any spoilers as to whether or not the surrogate is now pregnant?
    I haven't. I wish I knew where you go to look for such things. I am so concerned that the procedure will not work or that something will go wrong. I'm just so invested in that couple having a healthy baby. I think it's because we as viewers see just how much Jenn and Bill want this and the fact they are great people and the kind of people who would make GREAT parents. They deserve only the best of news. I'm really praying for them.

***Spoiler Alert*** Highlight here for the season finale ending:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    After inserting both of Jen and Bill's embryos, Cindy did become pregnant. Bill, Jen and Cindy were all thrilled. It was a wonderful moment. However at the end of the show the screen said "6 weeks later.." and Jen and Bill explained that Cindy has miscarried. Bill said he was most worried for Jen and Cindy, but the disappointment was palpable. Cindy told Jen and Bill she was prepared to try again and Bill and Jen said that is what they plan to do. If they have done so yet or not was not revealed.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I will admit that I was crying last night for two reasons. I cried when they were told that they were pregnant and I then I cried when they told about the more recent news. How strong must they be? I will continue to pray for these wonderful people.
    march and nanarama like this.

There is an article on People.com today about this. They have both said it was extremely hard, but they are not giving up and plan to try both surrogacy and adoption as alternatives.
    Debb70 likes this.

I hope they look into the adoption route. They have so much love to give a child.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

That's so sad for them. they'd make such good parents. I was always told that God, nature or whatever you belive in, knew that there was something not right with the child and that's why miscarriage happens. Or maybe that's just something they tell heartbroken almost-parents to help them.

+ Reply to Thread