+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

Thanks. Now have to try to remember next week that it is back on.

I wonder if I'm the only one who detests the decorator? At one time I sold furniture and have experience with decorators like him. It matters less what your desire is, they know better. I'm glad Jenn's mom stood up to him. (And could you believe the tantrum he threw over the bedroom color? And how he dissed Miguel about the color?)

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I wonder if I'm the only one who detests the decorator? At one time I sold furniture and have experience with decorators like him. It matters less what your desire is, they know better. I'm glad Jenn's mom stood up to him. (And could you believe the tantrum he threw over the bedroom color? And how he dissed Miguel about the color?)
    I missed that part, but I think I may side with the decorator. I do think that Jenn picked the guy to decorate and that Jenn's mom should respect that. While I respect my mom's taste, I wouldn't want it in my house. When Jenn went shopping with the decorator one day, she seemed to love his taste and ideas. I think I would want something new and creative for my new house and not what my mom thought was appropiate. I know Jenn may not want to hurt her mom's feelings, but she needs to pick what she wants and let it be. I think her mom is rather presumptious. I do like her though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I missed that part, but I think I may side with the decorator. I do think that Jenn picked the guy to decorate and that Jenn's mom should respect that. While I respect my mom's taste, I wouldn't want it in my house. When Jenn went shopping with the decorator one day, she seemed to love his taste and ideas. I think I would want something new and creative for my new house and not what my mom thought was appropiate. I know Jenn may not want to hurt her mom's feelings, but she needs to pick what she wants and let it be. I think her mom is rather presumptious. I do like her though.
    Yeah I agree with Jenn's mom being a little bit aggressive with the decorator, but she backed off a little bit. Man that is one big beautiful house and it has all the making of a Florida home.

I am going to say this right now, Jenn's mom is pushy. There I said it. WHY are THEY (Jenn's parents) moving in with them? Too help with their baby when it arrives? Ugh.

While I absolutely love Jenn and everything about her, personality and her profession (she is an awesome doctor), she is nothing like her mother. I think Jenn's personality changes abit when the mother is around as her mother seems so controlling "I don't like BROWN furniture in the living room" HUH, its not your home. I am totally 100% in the corner of the decorator, Michael. I love everything from his personality to his expertise.

I would much perfer with the money that Jenn and Bill have to see them with a full-time Nanny. Then THEY would be in control, in charge of everything. Didn't Jenn say towards the end of the epi something along the lines "I don't know why they are arguing (Michael and Mom) because its MY house and I will have the last say" !!!!!!!

Now as far as the house, it is beautiful. I love (so far) everything about it except the outside color ugh really dislike that green color. Also, the house itself looks to be about SEVEN times larger than any of the other houses on the road.
    KAREN

Wow! So surprised at y'all's opinions on the designer! I've seen many times in my former furniture career, customers saying things like, "I'd love to have this piece but I don't know if my decorator will let me have it." AURGH!!!!! It's your house! Tell them what you want and they should decorate to your taste. Jenn actually told the guy her first visit that she liked coastal beachey style. He said, "She thinks she likes coastal beachy but she really needs something more refined. Excuse me??? Maybe y'all could turn all the decorating decisions over to someone else, but I want my home to be as I like, with perhaps input if needed. And Jenn did say prior to hiring the guy that she wanted someone to help her and her mom pull things together. (And that her mom had a good eye and knew what she liked.)
    Jenn's mom is pushy, but I felt she saw Jenn being railroaded into things Jenn would not be happy with in the end. (And that does happen in decorating, I promise!) Also, the designer made a comment that he knew people would come into her home and say it was beautiful and she would then talk about the fabulous designer she had repeating his name, like it's all about him. His behavior with Miguel was way out of line and totally "drama queen." Bill and Miguel seemed to be rolling their eyes as did Bill and Jenn when he told her what happened. Sorry, but I saw it totally different last night. I guess future episides will tell.
    As far as Jenn's mom moving in, it was their decision to have them stay temporarily. We may not like the dynamic, or want it for us, but they decided to go in to business together so they must be comfortable with the way things are. I wouldn't want my mom with me in that stage of life, but it seems that they do!
    Still, I'm happy the show is back and wondering what is in store for the rest of the season. Maybe we will see family conflict. (And who's family hasn't had that from time to time?) I'm hoping we see good news with the surrogate getting pregnant and that they love their new house! How life changing it will be to have a home designed to their unique needs after a lifetime of having to make do?

Don't forget, so many of these reality shows are all scripted. I am so guessing any 'drama' that appeared with the designer and Jenn's mom, was for the cameras.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I hope and pray Jenn's parents moving in will be short lived. They discussed this some time ago and agreed they would look around and buy their own house. Often being too close doesn't work out so well. It did with my family, (my grandparents and great grandparents lived together for many years and all was great), but I can see where it might be too much, expecially if you are working together. They are opening that pet store right?

Perhaps, I misunderstood when Jenn went shopping with the decorator. When he was pointing out the thing about beachy, I thought it was because she was picking items that went into a different category, like a more formal beachy. Anyway, Jenn did say that she would have the last word. Good for her!

And I agree. Jenn does act different when she's around her mom. Mabye we all do and don't notice it. I hope her mom's not around too often.
    momrek06 likes this.

if I could give them any advice it would be...for God's sake do not allow the parents to move in with you...EVER! My mother lived with us for nearly 20 years and I thought I would lose my mind. Even the advice columnist Ann Landers used to say...for the generations to live together is most often a mistake. Avoid it unless there is just no other way. I agree. Don't do it!!!
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

In the past I lived with my adult children for several relatively short periods of time, and I can tell you, it's very hard for both the children and the parents. As the mother-in-law, you always have to remember (and respect) that you're living in someone else's house (even though it's your own child's), and respect their rules!!! And do things their way!!! And with grace! It's not an easy thing to do, especially since you KNOW that it's not easy for the kids either! Ann Landers was right. You shouldn't do it unless you absolutely have to!

+ Reply to Thread