+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8589899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1116
Like Tree721Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

FORT Regular

Re: The Little Couple

I’m with you, Imperfectone. If being a perfect parent was a prerequisite to having/getting one then I wouldn’t have any of mine. I can say that I kept learning all along (and still do as my role changes throughout their adulthoods).

I’ve met ‘perfect’ parents along the way and childless people who had all the answers. I avoided them like the plague and stuck with those who were willing to learn and grow. I think that Bill will figure it out.
    mika06, KTinCT, Moontat and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I don't disagree with you all, that Bill and Jen are far from perfect parents. But hey, let's put it all in perspective ---They're NOT abusing their children, or treating them meanly or unkindly, or being cruel to them, or depriving them of anything. If anything, the kids are getting too much love rather than too little. Yes, Bill and Jen don't seem to be disciplining the kids enough --- this is true. But jeez, there are far, far worse parents out there. I would've given my right arm to have had parents like Bill and Jen.
    I personally believe (and am not alone in this) that overindulgence IS "abuse." It can take many forms; not just physical (if anything, those kids physically abuse their parents). Your JOB as a parent is to teach your child how to function in the world. These kids have enough handicaps without further handicapping them with habitually distasteful behavior. And it's not a joke, Bill and Jen.

I also fully believe that their adoptions were exploited (not to say that they were adopted) to save tanking ratings and that they continue to exploit them on camera for the fame and money, the latter of which (at least) they CERTAINLY don't need. It's obvious that this is detrimental to their development, yet they continue.

But just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    ... But just my opinion.
    I think we know that by now.
    mika06, momrek06, Moontat and 1 others like this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    I think we know that by now.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

I was so thrilled to see Chloe Dao (my favorite Project Runway winner) featured on this past episode. This is the second time we have seen her make or alter special dresses for Jen; the other was her beach wedding dress. Since her shop is down the street from the pet shop, she may have escaped flooding as we saw the previous week that the shop was spared.

Good episode with Zoey's speech therapy and Will's karate. I think Will's over-exuberance may be shadowing ADHD, but I'm sure others with qualifications are looking at that.

The Pee-Pad...could be a bonanaza in the apartment dog market. I hope it goes well for them.
    tinderbox and AZChristian like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Jen certainly spares no expense!

Zoe is definitely a bright little girl (she's also not a disproportionate dwarf, like Will, but we're not allowed to elaborate further on that subject there since the legitimate technical medical term for that has become "politically incorrect"). I hate to see her already being designated as "Dr. Zoey," though. It's obvious that Jen wants to make a mini-me out of her even BEYOND the matching haircut. Let her be her own person and not a Jen clone, please.

I also really loved the "male pee pad" idea; nice to see BILL shine, for a change.
    Last edited by sketcher; 10-05-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Jen certainly spares no expense!

Zoe is definitely a bright little girl (she's also not a disproportionate dwarf, like Will, but we're not allowed to elaborate further on that subject there since the legitimate technical medical term for that has become "politically incorrect"). I hate to see her already being designated as "Dr. Zoey," though. It's obvious that Jen wants to make a mini-me out of her even BEYOND the matching haircut. Let her be her own person and not a Jen clone, please.

I also really loved the "male pee pad" idea; nice to see BILL shine, for a change.
    I have noticed that for awhile now. I think many parents do that with a child of either sex. She needs to let Zoey shine on her own. She is a very bright girl.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

The pixie cut? The cover story (after the fans' outcry against it) was that Zoey wears that because Bill likes it. When does Bill get his way? Or that Zoey wants to look like her. Zoey isn't overly fond of Jen and has a mind of her own.

Jen even dyed her own hair DARK BROWN to match Zoey's after she gave the little girl her haircut.

I think Jen has "issues," but that's just me.

Will is what 5 and Zoey is 4? People are acting like they are 9 and 10. I have seen way worse children behavior at this age. Counting to 3 gives children chances to make better decision because you know what happens when you consistently tell children what to do and how to do it. When they are away from you they don't know how to make good and healthy decisions. I am not a perfect parent I don't watch these shows to see perfect parenting or perfect kids for that matter. (Heck look at the Duggers and their supposed perfect parenting while their one son was abusing his sisters.) I watch to see what different types of families go through. And if they were hiding the kids behavior and pretending all was pretty as punch people would string them up when the truth comes out.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

They are 7 and 6.
    sketcher likes this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread