+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1116
Like Tree721Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

FORT Fogey

Re: The Little Couple

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant View Post
    Check out "The Little Couple" (the show) Facebook page. Torches and pitchforks about those kids' behavior - and rightly so! However, this is nothing new??? Bill and Jen have had zero control and been the world's most inept parents since Will's "Gotcha Day." Neither one can exert physical control, their wishy-washy parenting style means there's no respect or fear, and they can't verbally discipline the kids with both of them laughing about everything. Why are viewers just now noticing it? Watch any rerun from any season since then (they're currently playing during the day). They truly created two little monsters. But I'm sorry if I won't get to see it! It's quite entertaining watching two tiny children run over two accomplished, educated, professional adults.

i really wonder how much they are told to just let the kids roam around and be "trouble" because its good for the show?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

That old excuse... If they listened to their parents in their off-hours, they'd listen to their parents in their on-hours. There's no discipline EVER, or they wouldn't act that horribly EVER... It is blatantly obvious Bill and Jen are failures as parents and that the grandparents are gagged (probably why Judy and Dave moved FAR away). Now they're canceling the show because viewers make "negative" comments? Clearly, their kids are perfect in their eyes and no one had better say otherwise. Perhaps they'd do better by their children to listen to what 99% of the poster on their FB page are trying to tell them!

Even if it WERE true that they "let them act up for the cameras," bribe them with food like trained seals, etc....is that responsible parenting?!?

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

If things don't change in their family dynamic, the only difference that being off the show will make is that less people will see and comment upon their lives.

Those kids hit the lottery when Bill and Jen adopted them. They were probably doomed to a very sad existence as disabled children abandoned to orphanages in poor countries. They are now able to enjoy EVERY creature comfort known to mankind, as well as having medical care they would not have had before.

By the same token, Bill and Jen would probably have had a hard time adopting here in the States. They are wealthy enough to provide, but their physical challenges would probably have put them at the bottom of the waiting list for most agencies. So the blessing of them all finding each other is obvious.

Having said that, I think all that any of us would like to see is that each member of the family function at their highest potential. ANY child - adopted or not, physically challenged or not - needs to learn respect. "Obedience" is a strong word. They don't have to be little robots, but they do need to learn that when an adult gives direction, the child needs to respect what they are being told to do. I mentioned above that I get concerned about the kids' physical safety when they are running around loose in public places. They could harm or injure themselves, or run into other people and damage property that does not belong to them. We saw how aghast those tour guides were in the UK when the kids wandered past ropes and touched historical artifacts. NO ONE is supposed to do that. Not even the Klein kids.

And the parents would reap a great deal of benefit if they invest the time and effort into learning how to command that respect. They wouldn't have to repeat themselves (to no avail). They wouldn't have to be embarrassed when the kids are screaming and running around. (Surely they ARE currently embarrassed?) They wouldn't have to be concerned that the kids might become lost or injured. (Surely they ARE currently concerned?)

I wish them all well. Actually, I wish them all a better situation. They can change what people think about them and their kids, whether it's the opinion of one person or millions. But it starts at that big fancy house in Florida.
    Jupiter and Imperfect1 like this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

If they really are canceling the show, I hope they at least rerun the Scotland and London episode first so I can DVR it; COMEDY GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant View Post
    Oh heck they are not going to leave the show. They had some contract problems with TLC and that is what kept this season from airing earlier as planned.

Enablers of bad behavior don't want to hear they are enabling. So they say "we will leave". But then reality sets in and they think of all the perks being on a TLC show brings to them and then they think Hummm. They would leave BUT FOR THE MONEY and trips and dinners and birthday parties and new leased cars and so on and so forth.

And lets face it the show is Bill's full time job. The doggie store was turned over to Jen's mother until something happened and off she and hubby moved to Florida. Now it's run by whomever because Bill has moved to Florida too.

Bill loves being on tv. He just doesn't know how to discipline his children and doesn't like the flack that comes from that.

To be truthful enablers do not see that in themselves. I have two enablers that make my heart so sad. They don't see it the same way the rest of the world sees it. They take offense to any criticism and will turn their back on you (or quit a show) if you persist. It's a very sad condition.
    Last edited by jeanne; 09-29-2017 at 06:33 PM.
    Arielflies likes this.

FORT Regular

Theyíve had a lot happening the last few years including Jenís cancer treatment and Billís major back surgery. The kids are not doomed. Plenty of parents learn as their children get older that they need to do some things differently. All in good time.

FORT Fogey

Actually, JEN is the one who always dreamed of being on TV; she said so long ago. Bill had a perfectly nice life up in NY with his loving family and self-created career and his "pride" intact. Now he's a kept man relegated to herding those two little hellions. I feel very sorry for him, although he let himself in for it by doing Jen's bidding every step of the way and handing over his "pride" to Jen in a little silk purse. She reminds me of someone I know (unfortunately): greedy, materialistic, controlling, selfish, ruthless, dishonest, and a fame whore. Team Bill! Neither one of them can control those kids. Jen is an even worse disciplinarian than Bill, if that's possible.

I notice it didn't take Jen long to mention the "C" word! Wonder how long she'll keep milking that for sympathy? Also, the "failed" presentation: really? She couldn't improvise (or even memorize) a speech on simulation, since that's all she does? Makes her look incompetent, which...

So are they not cancelling the show? I'm sorry for the kids. because filming is disastrous for their development and well-being, but happy for myself (it's hilarious watching those two run over the top of every adult in sight).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by piano View Post
    Theyíve had a lot happening the last few years including Jenís cancer treatment and Billís major back surgery. The kids are not doomed. Plenty of parents learn as their children get older that they need to do some things differently. All in good time.
    "The time" was three years ago, when they first got them. We all know that a nanny is actually raising them; Bill and Jen are literally incapable and treat them more like pets than children. I'd be surprised if they actually spend much time with them when they're not filming. It was just another item on Jen's checklist of accomplishments.

Believe it or not, I loved Bill and Jen and the show as "The Little Couple," before adoption, and thought they had the perfect relationship and life. As a mother, I cannot stand Jen! She is so awkward, stilted, shrill, and ineffectual.

Maybe they should've left well enough alone when they couldn't conceive. Sometimes Mother Nature knows best!
    Last edited by sketcher; 10-01-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I don't disagree with you all, that Bill and Jen are far from perfect parents. But hey, let's put it all in perspective ---They're NOT abusing their children, or treating them meanly or unkindly, or being cruel to them, or depriving them of anything. If anything, the kids are getting too much love rather than too little. Yes, Bill and Jen don't seem to be disciplining the kids enough --- this is true. But jeez, there are far, far worse parents out there. I would've given my right arm to have had parents like Bill and Jen.
    libgirl2 and mika06 like this.

+ Reply to Thread