+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1117
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

Re: The Little Couple

Quote Originally Posted by piano View Post
    For sure! It's also a good opportunity for the kids to learn how to manage themselves when it's "not fun" for them... something that many kids don't get to experience outside of school. The earliest lessons for my kids were while grocery shopping but I don't think that Will and Zoey go along for the weekly shopping. To be honest, grocery shopping with kids at every age gave me opportunities to hone my own self-management skills. Lol!!
    Even if the kids don't behave perfect, you do need to keep trying. Eventually you will have to take them to something and they are going to have to know how to behave. It comes with time and learning. I remember my son at about 3 or 4.... we went to a party for some friends of ours. I ended up chasing him all over their house all night. And he was a good kid, it was just overwhelming to be around so many people. With time, he learned how to behave in those situations.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was really surprised at Will and Zoe and the way they behaved. They are not well disciplined children. I really don't like it when others have to remind children 'not to touch and don't go over there'. That is what parents do. Guide young children. I think of Prince William and Princess Kate and their two darling children. We don't see much of them but they are always on their best behavior and to me that comes from good parenting.

I do think all those trips to places had to be done because perhaps they financed part of the trip to be on tv. It's a money game and I think Bill knows how to get everybody on board.

I kind of think Jen checked out of the child raising in favor of doctoring and Bill is in charge and he's more of a let them run free kind of guy. Once he reads any social media he might make come changes in his parenting.

We'll see.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Thoughts of a 70-year-old grandmother (me):
    • I never told my kids, "I'm going to count to three." That just gives them two counts to continue doing what they're doing. I'd tell them, "I'm going to count to one." In other words, "Stop it NOW." (And if they didn't, there were repercussions.)
    • I was glad to see that the restaurant where they had high tea appeared to be closed for the filming of the Kleins' high tea. I've been to London and had tea in similar places. It is NOT cheap to do that, so I'd have been unhappy to have all that noise in the immediate area. Same with the London Eye. It costs a lot (if it wasn't "comped") to have a private car, but that's what they needed to do so that they didn't ruin the experience for anyone else.
    • Why do they order full plates for themselves and the kids? There was a lot of wasted food.
    • ESPECIALLY when away from home, the parents need to keep a tighter rein on the kids, and the kids need to listen. It is not SAFE for them to continue running away from their parents/grandparents in a crowded area like they were doing at Buckingham Palace. They could fall and hurt themselves, or someone could grab one of the kids and take off. I'd be willing to bet that the tour guide on the double-decker bus told the kids in no uncertain terms that they could NOT stand up on their seats. It's the only time we saw them sitting and not disrupting the entire area.
    Jupiter and jeanne like this.
    I'm Paula.

The British babies have misbehaved in public, jeanne. They are toddlers and very young children. Through media photos we witnessed Charlotte having a melt down at her Aunt's wedding and again on their European tour. We have seen photos of George showing a wilful side, much like Will.

Time changes wreak havoc especially with very young children and that was acknowledged by both Bill and Jen. Bill also acknowledges that he is the "fun" parent and that was one reason to bring his parents into the trip mix. They'll survive and perhaps we'll find better learned behaviors over the season. In the meantime, we have seen wilful Zoey and bratty Will. Jen is looking good, as is Bill.
    mika06, Moontat and Imperfect1 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I can tolerate William, but Zoey acts like a spoiled brat. She's a rude little snot and frankly she's getting old enough to know better.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Its been sometime since we saw the kiddos. (Due to TLC issues).

Jen and Bill have totally dropped the ball on parenting. IMHO.

Those kids are on the fast track to being 100% brats.

They do not listen to any direction either parent OR grandparent gives them.

All I kept thinking as I watched was how much Bill's father and step mom probably were saying over and over again to themselves ... "get me back to my home and peace and quiet".

Those children need discpline and direction and rules. Children that are wild like these two will not be liked and its NOT their fault its the fault of the parent.

Oh boy. Not liking this season at all. Kids that are rude, loud and spoiled does not make for good tv viewing.
    AZChristian and jeanne like this.
    KAREN

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Jen and Bill have totally dropped the ball on parenting. IMHO.

Those kids are on the fast track to being 100% brats.

They do not listen to any direction either parent OR grandparent gives them.

. . .

Those children need discipline and direction and rules. Children that are wild like these two will not be liked and its NOT their fault its the fault of the parent.
    A major concern for me is the safety of the kids. When they were in front of Buckingham Palace, Bill wanted to take a picture and the kids kept running away!! Neither Bill nor Jen could probably catch them (my money would be on Grammy). And they were going up and down that curb. It looked like an accident waiting to happen. And it's NOT SAFE to have your kids out of your reach in a crowded environment. There are crazy people out there.

It was obvious that the tour guides at the castle and distillery - and the clerk at the kilt shop - did not find them cute or endearing. I suspect that if the cameras had not been there, the guides might have spoken more firmly to the kids AND the adults. And I've ridden that double-decker tour in London. It was pretty obvious that the first time Will and/or Zoey (you know they did it) stood up on their seats, the guide said, "You may not stand on the seats. It is not safe. If you do not sit down, you will have to get off of the bus." I've seen them do it. And - amazingly - kids in that situation (including W&Z) sit down because they KNOW when their behavior is not going to fly, despite over-indulgent parents and grandparents.

I just wanted to smack Bill when he said to Zoey (THREE TIMES), "I'm going to count to three." So he basically counted to nine, and there were still no consequences. When my kids were little, I'd say, "I'm going to count to one . . . " Why give them more time to be disobedient?

I love the Kleins. I admire that they have worked hard for their financial security. But for their sake - and the sake of anyone near them - they need to learn how to parent. That would be a great episode - have "The Nanny" come in and give lessons to all of them on how to successfully be a family.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 09-28-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    jeanne likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    ... That would be a great episode - have "The Nanny" come in and give lessons to all of them on how to successfully be a family.
    GREAT idea!
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

I can't even watch a full episode because the way Will and Zoey constantly misbehave. They need their asses smacked a few times. My biggest pet peeve is kids acting up in public...Bill and Jen need to take a parenting course or something. Those brats are out of control
    Imperfect1 and jeanne like this.

So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread