+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1045
Like Tree649Likes

Thread: The Little Couple

FORT Fogey

Re: The Little Couple

Yes; they featured that on an episode of TLC. I notice she no longer works with actual patients (either at Texas or, now, in Florida). I'm pretty sure they invented this job in order to comply with ADA standards (couldn't NOT employ her) even though, realistically, there was no way she could have gotten through medical school or treated average-size people without major "accomodations." Hence the micro-preemie specialty. But apparently these simulations are worthwhile, so good for her there...

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    I had kind of forgotten about Jen wanting to live on the beach. She works hard and is a good person. I hope that dream comes through for her and her family.
    Does Jen have a twitter page? I bet she would write on there what's happening to their Houston home.
    Yes its Jen's Twitter page I am getting most of the info. I believe that they also moved Rocky and Maggie's to Florida and closed the Houston store. When I went to Houston last year for the AAU Junior Olympics I had intended on visiting but never made it.

FORT Newbie

Very cool that the simulation program aided in the separation of the conjoined twins.

I seem to remember Jen saying something about wanting a talk show of some sort. I would think the giggle she has would put her out of the running to be a television show host.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    So is it just sitting empty and they're paying utilities? Is it on the market? Oh, to have all that money to burn! Any idea where they're living in Florida (bought that beach house Jen always wanted or with her parents while they look)?
    I wouldn't just assume a house is sitting empty because its owners have money to burn. Perhaps they have TRIED to sell their house, but so far, have been unsuccessful because this house was specifically designed and built to the scale of LITTLE PEOPLE --- and that would definitely limit the number of people who would be interested in buying it. Let's face it --- their house would probably only be purchased by people who are very small or by someone who was willing to put A LOT of money into the house to RE-DO it. Very limited options.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-02-2017 at 04:46 AM.
    KTinCT and momrek06 like this.

FORT Fogey

Jen was dying to be a regular on "The Doctors"; one guest appearance (with that giggle), and she was out! Yes, she's love ultimately to host her own talk show. What an ego!

FORT Newbie

It took a long while for me to be able to tune out the giggle. Viewers of a talk show probably wouldn't give it that much time and would tune out the show first, including me.

What giggle? I've watched every season of Jen and Bill's show, and I don't recall Jen having any unpleasant giggle --- I actually thought she had a cute little laugh. I can't believe somebody would be THAT disturbed by her laugh.
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Oh, dear; Jen's fans certainly are true blue! "Love is blind (and apparently deaf)."
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Oh, dear; Jen's fans certainly are true blue! "Love is blind (and apparently deaf)."
    Yes, apparently. Now I have to go and check out a video clip of Jen's giggle to see what I've been missing!

PS OKaaaaaaay Now I get it. But I still think it's a kind of cute giggle --- but I can see where it could get annoying after a while. By the way, this is a really cute video clip of Jen and Bill, but watch out. There's a lot of giggling (by both of them)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsY_lhMvzpU
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-03-2017 at 10:40 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    What giggle? I've watched every season of Jen and Bill's show, and I don't recall Jen having any unpleasant giggle --- I actually thought she had a cute little laugh. I can't believe somebody would be THAT disturbed by her laugh.
    Her genuine giggle/laugh when she finds something funny is endearing. I was referring to the noise that gets added when something isn't even funny.

I did something similar in my teens and my siblings mocked me out of it. I have no idea why I did it but my mother called it a nervous tick. Maybe that's why I notice and find Jen's annoying at times. Come to think of it, I use a lot of lol's.... maybe it's the written version of the same thing. Huh
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread