+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hotel Inspector - now on BBCAmerica

Re: The Hotel Inspector - now on BBCAmerica

I just discovered this show and really like it. One man that really got on my nerves was the one from the Saxonia. He was so stubborn! And what's with the CCTV? Is that really needed? Took him forever to come around. The improvements made a huge difference. I kind of like Mrs. Sparkles. She tells it like it is.
    Last edited by agamergirl; 04-22-2009 at 06:17 AM.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Did anyone see the one with Butley Priory? That building was stunning, inside and out! I would love to stay there. The owner was a bit excentric but very likable. I'm wondering if she still owns it.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I checked on the Butley Priory and it is still operating as a B&B (and at her very high rates). It seems that the owner has also taken to using it as a musical venue as well.

Butley Priory - Unique, romantic bed & breakfast on the Suffolk coast.

I agree that the building and the rooms are magnificent, though at the prices she charges the bathrooms do need some upgrading.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 04-25-2009 at 02:06 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Hey! This is my dream job! But not in the sense that i'd be helping them save their hotels, but expose their failures. Oh, man!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3419021;
    Hmm, I just finished renting the BBC's Hotel Babylon, which was a scripted series about a 5-star hotel and its employees and guests as well as what goes on behind the scenes. It was quite a good series and much more interesting to me as a viewer than this one.
    You are comparing apples to oranges or better still; chalk and cheese.

'Hotel Babylon' is a glitzy, guilty pleasure fictional soap opera. Usually, right up my alley, but I don't care for it myself.

While 'Hotel Inspector' is a behind the scenes, how to/makeover docuseries. I quite enjoy it.

Again, two totally different beast
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I just watched the "Weyanoke Hotel, Eastbourne" episode. A grand Regency-style beach front hotel along the southern coast, it was really sad to see the 60's/70's budget remodels (read that as cheap and crappy) still hanging on in this day and age. I'm glad to see that the new owners were doing an upscale refurbishment. I read some reviews of the hotel and it seems that Heidi hasn't been able to finish all the rooms yet and service is very uneven in quality. Personally, I wasn't that impressed with the interior design for some of the redone rooms. The big four poster bed didn't seem like the appropriate style (pseudo tuscan/mediterranean) for the architecture of the building, and they seemed to be going overboard for gadgetry in the bathrooms (two person jacuzzi tubs, waterproof flat-screen TVs, etc), when just good quality, simple white fixtures and fittings would have been more than sufficient.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

For some reason I keep missing these episodes. I need to keep a closer eye on BBC America

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12