+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

Heidi looks fantastic! I wonder what Spencer looks like. I hope there's challenges of rolling around in animal feces, being chased by bees, eating some delicious Costa Rican treats. Thank you NBC, this might be fun after all!

Hmm, I wonder if there will be a challenge that involves Sanjaya cutting his locks off.

Oh Fluff, she does look amazing! What was I thinking? Thank you for posting it!!
    Last edited by gant77; 06-01-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3468572;
    No. The L&Os are staying, just in new places in the schedule. In fact, the main one is going to 8PM--which is a real bad idea if you ask me. But its on Fridays, so maybe that means there's inherently low expectations (plus, rumor says this is expected to be the last season for the show ANYWAY).

In turn, a sizable number of existing shows from ALL timeslots (8, 9 OR 10 PM) have gotten the axe. Although Medium immediately got snatched up by CBS (to follow Ghost Whisperer), and Chuck, after a big fan campaign, got a half season in alternation when Heroes (which is in the 8PM slot now) isn't on.

Actually NBC REALLY obliterated their schedule, because not only are 5 hours taken by Leno, but ALL of Sunday is taken by Football, Saturday is Dateline plus repeats of other shows, and Biggest Loser is STILL 2 hours long.

Take a look. NBC FALL PREVIEW 2009/2010

Keep in mind that's just Fall. The "plan" is that Spring will look about 50% different. The "money" shows running all year long and the iffy ones (yes, even Heroes is counted as one of those these days) running half sized seasons.
    I knew that Medium was picked up by CBS, but I wasn't aware that it would follow Ghost Whisperer. Those two shows fit hand in hand. I'm sure the GW fans will take a liking to Medium.

I can't blame NBC for keeping The Biggest Loser at 2 hours. We all complain about how the show drags on and on, but we still watch. And plus it does pretty well going against Idol. It pulls in about 8-10 million each episode, so those are actually really good ratings with the powerhouse of Idol going against it.

It's sad that NBC is making such a drastic change to its schedule. I don't watch it all that much, but it really seems like that they're willing to do anything to get back on top. Maybe it'll work out for them, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3477707;
    What on earth are you talking about?
    She looks devine

Gorgeous.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

For some odd reason a very tiny microscopic part of me felt bad for her when i saw that picture. it went away very quickly though!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3477688;
    Has anyone found a link that shows the entire cast? It wasn't on NBC , EW or TV guide.
    thanks
    It's on the NBC site now. Since her hubby couldn't make it Patty Blagowhatever is on, along with Speidi, Sanjaya, comedians "Frangela", Torrie Wilson, Lou Diamond Phillips, John Salley, and Stephen Baldwin. I think that's it.

I'm a bit disgusted at Frangela for going on this.

That said, despite my disgust at ALL of this, I WILL be viewing at least the first night. Not out of some vain hope it will be good. It won't. And on principal I REALLY want the show to do record breakingly bad so NBC learns its lesson about "daily" cheap prime time programming. But since I KNOW I'm not a Nielson family, and thus won't actually be helping this piece of crap get numbers, I can satisfy my need to see the trainwreck up close for a bit. I'll be laughing AT it, not with it.

I could say I'm surprised that FORT isn't covering this except... why would they WANT to? Come on.

Oh look. I'm flipping channels and landed on "Extra". They're reporting that the show has only been filming two days (apparently they film ahead a bit) and Spiedi has already tried to quit TWICE. Figures.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

It's 10 minutes in, and I already hate Spencer.

Woo.
    You've been Philiminated.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i was going to ask how the heck is this supposed 'live' show going to work since they already seemed to have so much footage already. i never watched it before.

It's been so long since the first series-and I'm surprised it's back after that one, as it didn't exactly pick up on the radar-that I can't really remember. Did America have a say in what happened, and was it live then?

Oh well, if it means telling Spencer what a little pathetic weasel he is and that he's only famous in his head, I'm on board

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

You know, I'm actually surprised at how much I'm liking Sanjaya. Dude has an iron stomach!

And my life is now complete after seeing Torrie Wilson be forced to eat cow intestines.
    You've been Philiminated.

+ Reply to Thread