+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

Re: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

Ok, I have seen about 10 minutes total since this show has been on....

Anyway, last night did Holly say she lost a brother in Iraq?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3497422;
    Ok, I have seen about 10 minutes total since this show has been on....

Anyway, last night did Holly say she lost a brother in Iraq?
    Yes, she did say that. That's so sad!

I think the Holly/Sanjaya showmance is cute. Holly seems nothing like Heidi, but Heidi might be much better without her parasite husband.

Janice is gross to me. I can't stand to watch her!

I have felt sorry for Patti, but I don't know much about the story. We were saying last night that she is getting good PR from this. She is being allowed to tell her side of things, and get sympathy, without anyone to refute what she is saying. It does make me curious to learn more about the story. I think I'm going to research it a bit...

FORT Fanatic

IMO Patti's husband is a crook. He tried to "sell" his political seat.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3497450;
    I think the Holly/Sanjaya showmance is cute. Holly seems nothing like Heidi, but Heidi might be much better without her parasite husband.
    I used to watch the Hills when it first came on, and I would almost consider Heidi a different person from then, besides like Holly said the latching on to the boyfriend thing. She seemed to be a nice girl with a good head on her shoulders until she started seeing Spencer. In my opinion anyway!

I dont know too much about Patti and rod's situation either, except that the claims are just that "he tried to sell Obamas (or was it his own?) seat". Any info you can find would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by AmyKay; 06-12-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: fixing quote
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3497493;
    IMO Patti's husband is a crook. He tried to "sell" his political seat.
    The charge is that he tried to auction off Obama's senate seat, which he denies.

Blagojevich was indicted on 19 racketeering, fraud and extortion counts. Among allegations were that Blagojevich delayed a $2 million grant to a public charter school while trying to extort campaign cash from Rahm Emanuel and threatened to withhold future state business from financial institutions that refused to hire his wife.

For more info, if you're interested, search Blagojevich Indictments. It sounds to me like Patti was up to her ears in the mess too - but, of course, innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3496804;
    unless we are having a shared dream yeah,lol. Is it wrong of me to see Bob the Builder when I see Mr Blagoveich?because I do,sorry!
    I don't see Bob the Builder, but I do see Stephen King.

Here's the indictment:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/...2/43789434.pdf

It looks pretty bad. Apparently the FBI has been investigating the Blagojevich's since 2003. There are 78 pages of evidence. I don't think it could be a case of him having enemies that are building up false charges against him, like Patti is claiming.

Kiz

I agree, Maude. The evidence against the Blago's is pretty substantial. The attempt to sell Obama's senate seat was just the tip of the iceberg.

I really think it is wrong that Patti has the chance to possibly taint the jury pool by being on here and attempting to bring sympathy with no way for anyone to make a rebuttal to her claims. I can say it is possible that she may not know what her husband has been upto .
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow, read page 46 of the indictment. Patti doesn't sound like our sweet little victim in this phone conversation!
    Also, on page 58, they caught her husband red-handed in trying to sell Obama's seat. It looks like this guy is dirtier than mud and has been getting away with it for years! These are from taped phone calls - not much chance in denying them! And, Patti was mentioned ALOT when it came to the selling of the seat. They were looking for a deal that included her.
    Another thing I noticed is the way they spoke. There weren't more than a couple of words between each F-bomb - her and her hubby. She hasn't been bleeped once in the show.
    I am surprised, considering how much she was involved in all of this, that Patti has been allowed to do so much talking about the case. She shouldn't be given this opportunity to spout off all of this B.S. to try and sway a future jury.

+ Reply to Thread