+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

Re: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3468373;
    This show exists for only one reason. It's a test run to see if NBC can get away with running repetitive super-cheap programming five days a week {eyeing Jay Leno with malice...}. They want to see if the numbers work--giving up most of their viewers but hoping ENOUGH remain to keep them in the black with advertisers.
    You're probably right, as last time this show was on it wasn't live and in real time.
    BTW, as far as the Jay Leno timeslot, what will that mean for NBC's current late programming? I happen to like the Law and Orders a lot more than Jay Leno. Will they be going away?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

No. The L&Os are staying, just in new places in the schedule. In fact, the main one is going to 8PM--which is a real bad idea if you ask me. But its on Fridays, so maybe that means there's inherently low expectations (plus, rumor says this is expected to be the last season for the show ANYWAY).

In turn, a sizable number of existing shows from ALL timeslots (8, 9 OR 10 PM) have gotten the axe. Although Medium immediately got snatched up by CBS (to follow Ghost Whisperer), and Chuck, after a big fan campaign, got a half season in alternation when Heroes (which is in the 8PM slot now) isn't on.

Actually NBC REALLY obliterated their schedule, because not only are 5 hours taken by Leno, but ALL of Sunday is taken by Football, Saturday is Dateline plus repeats of other shows, and Biggest Loser is STILL 2 hours long.

Take a look. NBC FALL PREVIEW 2009/2010

Keep in mind that's just Fall. The "plan" is that Spring will look about 50% different. The "money" shows running all year long and the iffy ones (yes, even Heroes is counted as one of those these days) running half sized seasons.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-26-2009 at 12:09 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

tonight's the night...

Read that Spiedi have threatened to quit several times.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ksgirl;3477479;
    Read that Spiedi have threatened to quit several times.
    It doesn't surprise me. I'm sure they were expecting to be the one and only true "stars" and have all their demans met and be pampered to the fullest. I can't wait to mess with Spencer That's the only reason worth watching (and I can never pass up a chance to see Stephen Baldwin on his millionth reality show). Heidi doesn't bother me, but what she sees in him, I'll never know.

Speidi expected that there would be "a-listers" doing this like K-fed , not the selection of "celebs" that are in their current company.

I am also very much looking forward to messing with these guys .

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3468572;
    No. The L&Os are staying, just in new places in the schedule. In fact, the main one is going to 8PM--which is a real bad idea if you ask me. But its on Fridays, so maybe that means there's inherently low expectations (plus, rumor says this is expected to be the last season for the show ANYWAY).

In turn, a sizable number of existing shows from ALL timeslots (8, 9 OR 10 PM) have gotten the axe. Although Medium immediately got snatched up by CBS (to follow Ghost Whisperer), and Chuck, after a big fan campaign, got a half season in alternation when Heroes (which is in the 8PM slot now) isn't on.

Actually NBC REALLY obliterated their schedule, because not only are 5 hours taken by Leno, but ALL of Sunday is taken by Football, Saturday is Dateline plus repeats of other shows, and Biggest Loser is STILL 2 hours long.

Take a look. NBC FALL PREVIEW 2009/2010

Keep in mind that's just Fall. The "plan" is that Spring will look about 50% different. The "money" shows running all year long and the iffy ones (yes, even Heroes is counted as one of those these days) running half sized seasons.
    THanks for posting NBC's fall schedule.
    I can understand how, with a diminishing audience, they are looking to save money and improve ratings. I just don't see how putting Leno on at 10:00 PM is going to help. I don't know f anyone who'd watch him at that hour.

Has anyone seen Heidi's pics? She looks MISERABLE!!! Hair is messed up and sweaty as heck!I love it! This is real life people! I don't think I will watch, but I know it should make for some very entertaining TV!

Has anyone found a link that shows the entire cast? It wasn't on NBC , EW or TV guide.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gant77;3477611;
    Has anyone seen Heidi's pics? She looks MISERABLE!!! Hair is messed up and sweaty as heck!I love it! This is real life people! I don't think I will watch, but I know it should make for some very entertaining TV!
    What on earth are you talking about?
    She looks devine

"That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread