+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

FORT Fogey

Re: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3420069;
    Judge nixes Costa Rica trip for ex-Ill. governor
    By MIKE ROBINSON, AP

CHICAGO — A federal judge dashed indicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich's reality TV dream Tuesday, refusing to give the ousted Democrat permission to travel to Costa Rica to tape a show in the jungle.

U.S. District Judge James Zagel refused to modify terms of Blagojevich's bail to allow him to leave the United States, saying he needs to remain in the country to help his attorneys formulate a strategy for his defense.

The judge did not immediately rule on a more pressing matter for his defense — whether the ex-governor can tap his $2 million campaign fund to pay his attorneys. Zagel is expected to issue a decision at a later date

------------------------------------------------
    There was more to the article but they rest just talked about the charges against him and stuff. Nothing relevant for this thread.I'm off to go snicker at this poor guy's bad luck... tee hee!
    I give the judge a thumbs up on this one -- and not just because it'll give producers a chance to cast someone in his place who I'd ENJOY watching. This whole thing just smacked of allowing him to profit from his alleged crimes. I think it's evident that he was asked to be on the show because he was forced out of office, and not simply because he's a former governor. So to allow him to go would have been the court allowing him to be rewarded for what he's accused of doing.

I also watched the show when it had Melissa Rivers, Cris Judd, Bruce Jenner, etc. I liked it for some of the insightful repartee, as well.
    However, with this cast, I cannot imagine anything of import or insight happening. Who knows though?!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Well at least Rod won't be there....its getting a little better
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

well, rod wouldn't have been much of a flight risk since DOG the BOUNTY HUNTER is on it, too...

Thank GOD BlagoCreep won't be anywhere near this.

Wait. I'd STILL not have to be horrified with the likes of Sanjerka, Speidi, Janice Dickinson, Geraldo Scumvera and Dog the Bounty Hunting Moron

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

So what is the premise of the show? Is it similar to Survivor and Big Brother where they are voted off and the last one standing wins a cash prize? All I remember of the last one was that Chris Judd was on and he seemed to be the only sane one.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3419971;
    Seriously, who wouldn't want to see Janice Dickinson and Dog Chapman vs. the Costa Rican humidity? Best. Hair. Battle. Ever. Wouldn't miss it for the world.
    Janice without makeup should be fun.

I've traveled the west side of Costa Rica before. It's beautiful there!

Janice was on the British version of the show. I never watched it, but I heard she was great entertainment and came so close to winning, with many people even saying that she was robbed of the title. I'm expecting a lot from her on this show.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

They’ve added a few more names to “I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here,” with more to come as well as the name of the hosts. Stephen Baldwin has been added, along with wrestler Torrie Wilson and former NBA star John Salley. Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt were announced earlier, along with Sanjaya and Janice Dickerson. The show premieres June 1.
    this just in...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3419000;
    I'm with you. I was one of the few who loved the Melissa Rivers/Cris Judd/Tyson/Robin Leach/Julie Brown/Nikki Ziering/Bruce Jenner version of this show, and I was excited to hear that NBC was giving it a try. I will watch this version - at least in the beginning, but I'm not quite as exited about it as I was. To me, the most appealing part of the first US version was that it created an environment where the celebs let their guard down, and you really got to see them as real people. I remember a conversation they showed between Melissa and Nikki about plastic surgeries they had, and moments where Melissa opened up about her father's suicide, and Cris opened up about his divorce, where in a vouyeristic way, you felt like you really got some insight into the participants as real people instead of the public personas they give off. This crew could surprise me, and give a lot of that same appeal. But I'm not really investing a lot of hope in them.
    That was the same reason I liked the first show. It's fascinating watching celebrities' personalities revealed in layers, just like real life. Stuttering John turned out to be really likeable and Cris Judd, obviously. Didn't Melissa Rivers have a freak-out with producers on that show too?

I'm looking forward to Heidi and Spencer being on the show because I'm curious what they're really like. Spencer can't be the person he is on the Hills or no one on earth would marry him. They won't be able to fake "Speidi" for however long they're on the show.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread