+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ (NBC)

I’ve watched this show before.. I kinda liked it. Then again it was Robin Leach and Cris Judd (JLo's 2nd ex) and Melissa Rivers. The UK version was better, IMO. George Taki, Katie Price, Antonio Fargas, and David Guest have been on that version. Yeah most are has-beens (heck anyone dong a reality show like this pretty much is) but they did little to offend me. I have to say I'd rather the older cast be back then this new list of fame-whores, racists, morons, and never-weres. Not to mention that Janice needs to stop doing this show already.. sigh.

I think I too will pass on this one, even if I did like the concept from the brit show. In fact I found it funny at times.. even if there was little reality to the fact they are at the mercy of nature.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 04-20-2009 at 03:35 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3418992;
    I’ve watched this show before.. I kinda liked it. Then again it was Robin Leach and Cris Judd (JLo's 2nd ex) and Melissa Rivers. The UK version was better, IMO. George Taki, Katie Price, Antonio Fargas, and David Guest have been on that version. Yeah most are has-beens (heck anyone dong a reality show like this pretty much is) but they did little to offend me. I have to say I'd rather the older cast be back then this new list of fame-whores, racists, morons, and never-weres. Not to mention that Janice needs to stop doing this show already.. sigh.

I think I too will pass on this one, even if I did like the concept from the brit show. In fact I found it funny at times.. even if there was little reality to the fact they are at the mercy of nature.
    I'm with you. I was one of the few who loved the Melissa Rivers/Cris Judd/Tyson/Robin Leach/Julie Brown/Nikki Ziering/Bruce Jenner version of this show, and I was excited to hear that NBC was giving it a try. I will watch this version - at least in the beginning, but I'm not quite as exited about it as I was. To me, the most appealing part of the first US version was that it created an environment where the celebs let their guard down, and you really got to see them as real people. I remember a conversation they showed between Melissa and Nikki about plastic surgeries they had, and moments where Melissa opened up about her father's suicide, and Cris opened up about his divorce, where in a vouyeristic way, you felt like you really got some insight into the participants as real people instead of the public personas they give off. This crew could surprise me, and give a lot of that same appeal. But I'm not really investing a lot of hope in them.

I had this exchange with Veruka in another thread - moving it here because it pertains to this show...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3418904;
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3418902;
    What blows me away is that NBC is going to air this show 4 NIGHTS A WEEK! Do they really think this show is going to be that great? Or are they betting that there will be nothing else interesting on to watch? I would bet that if this show is the most interesting thing on, I will pick up a book or go for a walk!!
    The format of the show requires it to be aired like that. The show happens live. While you can get people to live in a house for months at at time for Big Brother, it's more of a challenge to get them to stay in the jungle for months at a time. So they're there for about one month, and the show airs that many nights to get in all the challenges and other thing that happen in that period of time.
    Thx Veruka. I didn't realize that it was airing live. That makes it slightly more interesting, but I still don't think I'll go out of my way to watch.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I watched it before and I actually liked it. But I don't think I could handle this cast. Do Heidi and Spencer HAVE to do EVERYTHING together!?!?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

They need to rename this Show:" My Fifteen minutes of fame are up and I need a paycheck now!"
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3419604;
    They need to rename this Show:" My Fifteen minutes of fame are up and I need a paycheck now!"
    Yes, that would be far more accurate, wouldn't it?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

So will Blago be allowed to do the show? I thought they normally made the defendents give up the passports in his position. Also, does Costa Rica have extradition to the US?

Seriously, who wouldn't want to see Janice Dickinson and Dog Chapman vs. the Costa Rican humidity? Best. Hair. Battle. Ever. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3419829;
    So will Blago be allowed to do the show? I thought they normally made the defendents give up the passports in his position. Also, does Costa Rica have extradition to the US?
    Chicago news shows this morning were reporting that he's going in front of a judge today to try to get permission granted. The legal expert that was on said that Blagojevich will likely get permission because he's not a flight risk and this can be seen as a job to earn money for his legal fees. He said on "I'm a Celebrity," Blagovich will earn something like $80,000 for the week (or month?... can't remember which but I THOUGHT they said week) and they're estimating his legal fees to be in the neighborhood of $5-15 million. He is still trying to get permission to use his campaign funds for the legal fees, too. Without either, he's screwed. Well, he's quite likely screwed either way!

Judge nixes Costa Rica trip for ex-Ill. governor
    By MIKE ROBINSON, AP

CHICAGO — A federal judge dashed indicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich's reality TV dream Tuesday, refusing to give the ousted Democrat permission to travel to Costa Rica to tape a show in the jungle.

U.S. District Judge James Zagel refused to modify terms of Blagojevich's bail to allow him to leave the United States, saying he needs to remain in the country to help his attorneys formulate a strategy for his defense.

The judge did not immediately rule on a more pressing matter for his defense — whether the ex-governor can tap his $2 million campaign fund to pay his attorneys. Zagel is expected to issue a decision at a later date

------------------------------------------------
    There was more to the article but they rest just talked about the charges against him and stuff. Nothing relevant for this thread.I'm off to go snicker at this poor guy's bad luck... tee hee!

+ Reply to Thread