+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pitchmen

Re: Pitchmen

I don't know of anyone who actually liked this guy, or at least his over the top TV persona.
    Still I was very sorry to hear of his passing. RIP, Mr. Mays.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Wow, we just saw him doing an insurance commercial last night and were talking about how annoying he is and then he dies this morning. Very sad!!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3531059;
    I don't know of anyone who actually liked this guy, or at least his over the top TV persona.
    Still I was very sorry to hear of his passing. RIP, Mr. Mays.
    I liked him and I admired him-not only being able to be such an effective salesman, but he just seemed like an all-around nice guy. I wonder if there were any additional episodes of Pitchmen after the one that is airing on Wednesday (the second part of Ethan Zohn's cereal bowl) but it's going to be a bit harder to watch.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

What about Ethan Zohn's cereal bowl? I haven't watched Pitchmen, but isn't Ethan the one who won Survivor? Is his cancer in remission? He seems like such a truly nice guy.

He has a cereal bowl idea that he pitched to Sully and Billy-he met Sully a long time ago. (Yes, he is the one with cancer who won Survivor) It's basically a bowl with two wells in it, one for your milk and one for your cereal. You have your cereal in the deep well, and then dip it in the milk, instead of the cereal and milk in the bowl together. Last week, they had the prototype made and tested, and this week is about the refining and marketing. I must say, Ethan would be a good pitchman. He'd be no Billy, but it's better than the ShamWow guy.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

RIP, Billy.

Coincidentally tonight is the season finale, and they've been doing little tributes to Billy all day. Apparently they have put together a longer tribute to him that will air next week-and that I want to tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3531708;
    He has a cereal bowl idea that he pitched to Sully and Billy-he met Sully a long time ago. (Yes, he is the one with cancer who won Survivor) It's basically a bowl with two wells in it, one for your milk and one for your cereal. You have your cereal in the deep well, and then dip it in the milk, instead of the cereal and milk in the bowl together. Last week, they had the prototype made and tested, and this week is about the refining and marketing. I must say, Ethan would be a good pitchman. He'd be no Billy, but it's better than the ShamWow guy.
    THanks. I'm glad he's OK, then. He seemed like such a nice guy on Survivor.

Well he currently is undergoing chemo for the Hodgkin's Lymphoma, so his trademark curly hair is going to be going by the wayside. He's definitely optimistic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3538548;
    Well he currently is undergoing chemo for the Hodgkin's Lymphoma, so his trademark curly hair is going to be going by the wayside. He's definitely optimistic, though.
    THanks again, Trista, for the updates on Ethan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12