+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Charm School 3

Re: Charm School 3

I just feel so bad for Bubbles. If I had to deal with Ashley insulting me like that, I would not have been able to keep my cool. Sure, Bubbles is a bit quirky, but at the same time, she's got a good head on her shoulders.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I like Ashley since she creates so much entertainment, but she was so unnecessarily mean to Bubbles. It made me dislike her a little bit.

Bubbles is so cute. Like Marcia said, she's just youthful. I thought it was endearing when she laughed sporadically during the little lesson that the doctor was teaching them.

And @ the little boy calling Brittaney Starr the "old lady." I'm going to miss her. She left too soon.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3479058;
    And @ the little boy calling Brittaney Starr the "old lady." I'm going to miss her. She left too soon.
    Me and my boyfriend were ROFLing at that. I always love when they get the little kids on this show, it never fails to entertain.
    You've been Philiminated.

I'm watching a repeat of the last episode right now, and Bubbles is so amazing.

"Give me the swim now, give me the swiiiiiiiiiiiiiim."
    "Row de boat, row the boat!"

I would love it if she won. But if she doesn't, she at least needs to make it to the finale. She's the only likable RCOL girl in this competition.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3470382;
    That was always my thought. I had a friend growing up whose mom would claim that she wasn't racist because she had a black friend. A, as in one and one only. But watching the news, anytime there was a story on the news where the suspects were black, she'd mutter "Oh, well that's no surprise." Then immediately clarify that she wasn't racist, she had a black friend. I don't know why anyone thinks that comments like that aren't trashy.

That being said, I can see where Ashley's coming from calling Bay Bay Bay and Kiki ghetto, because when they start to argue, they fit that stereotype of the woman who thinks she can win any argument by out shouting whoever she's fighting with. They don't seem to understand that they can be intelligent, beautiful, well dressed, well spoken, well traveled-but as soon as they start shrieking in someone's face and waving their fingers around, they're as trashy as a girl who does a shot out of another girl's....yeah.

I think the point was that using the word `ghetto' to describe certain behavior is a racial slur. Is there an equivelent word used to describe all the screaming white women on the show? Their just as bad.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3489169;
    I think the point was that using the word `ghetto' to describe certain behavior is a racial slur. Is there an equivelent word used to describe all the screaming white women on the show? Their just as bad.
    Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but it seems like a contradiction.

You say ghetto is being used to describe certain behavior, but then refer to it as a racial slur? Unless she used any words pertaining to race, then I don't see how using the word ghetto could be seen as racist, considering a person of any skin color can be ghetto.

FORT Fogey

^^ it's not contradictory, actually. Ghetto is a term used to describe a certain activity common to black people. Therefore, it describes a mannerism AND is a racial slur.

I love bubbles! I wish there were more girls like her in the world who just enjoyed life and had fun. the episode that is currently on is pretty good, its almost making me cry!

I know, Bubbles needs to win!

Click to see Spoiler:
    I wonder what really happens with KO next time though. She says it's some sort of cardiac thing as she is gone for most of the episode.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3489346;
    ^^ it's not contradictory, actually. Ghetto is a term used to describe a certain activity common to black people. Therefore, it describes a mannerism AND is a racial slur.
    the word ghetto has nothing to do with race. just because it is common to black people as you say, does not mean it has anything to do with race.

+ Reply to Thread