+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Charm School 3

FORT Fan

Re: Charm School 3

I have a question-Ashley mentioned in this episode that she's not racist because her son isn't white. Wasn't the father the guy who came on Rock of Love Bus? I remember the guy being white.... Just wondering about that.

Wish Brittaney Starr had gone, but I guess they had to keep everyone just to make the right number of episodes. But she definitely seems like she's on something

her boyfriend was hispanic if I remember correctly.

Everytime I see Britt I think of her and those socks she took, I get a picture in my head of her sniffing them and I cant get it out...just weirds me out LOL
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3470002;
    her boyfriend was hispanic if I remember correctly.

Everytime I see Britt I think of her and those socks she took, I get a picture in my head of her sniffing them and I cant get it out...just weirds me out LOL
    I remember the same thing about Ashley's "boyfriend".

I feel the same way you do about Brittney - gah - every time I see her I can't help but think of her stealing socks. That is flat-out crazy!

FORT Fan

Thanks for clearing that up about her boyfriend. The way she said it on charm school she made it sound like he was black-kinda in the same vein that Brittaney was all "My grandfather is black so I'm not racist" it was Ashley going "I can call you ghetto and I'm not racist cause my son's not white." I thought she was implying that he had an African-American father and that was definitely not what I remembered from Rock of Love.

Britt just strikes me as so off...the socks, the head phones, taking down exact notes on how to insult the other Rock of Love girls....just so strange

Funny that they have to justify not being racist b/c of a son & a father, like those are their free passes??

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3470370;
    Funny that they have to justify not being racist b/c of a son & a father, like those are their free passes??
    That was always my thought. I had a friend growing up whose mom would claim that she wasn't racist because she had a black friend. A, as in one and one only. But watching the news, anytime there was a story on the news where the suspects were black, she'd mutter "Oh, well that's no surprise." Then immediately clarify that she wasn't racist, she had a black friend. I don't know why anyone thinks that comments like that aren't trashy.

That being said, I can see where Ashley's coming from calling Bay Bay Bay and Kiki ghetto, because when they start to argue, they fit that stereotype of the woman who thinks she can win any argument by out shouting whoever she's fighting with. They don't seem to understand that they can be intelligent, beautiful, well dressed, well spoken, well traveled-but as soon as they start shrieking in someone's face and waving their fingers around, they're as trashy as a girl who does a shot out of another girl's....yeah.

Exactly why BBB's facial expressions could cause nightmares in kids.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3470370;
    Yeah, I wouldn't mention things like "Oh, I have a mixed kid" because it's kinda dumb. All it means is that the kid is mixed. Doesn't necessarily imply any greater tolerance on your part.

Besides, you can have a family full of different ethnicities and it still doesn't prove anything about YOU. YOU could be a huge racist and hate what your family does.

I love the fact that Ashley considers hispanic "not white"...

Oh, and the 'ghetto' comment? I think Ashley is as 'ghetto' or low class as it gets. She's nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3469281;
    Hey just make sure not to bold my name when quoting me Thanks.

See Brittaney needs more help than what CS can give her, but she probably needs it more than anybody. I mean sure we all have a bit of "teh crazy" in us, but she's in a league of her own. I was glad that So Hood left, but Farrah kind of needed this. The one thing that is going to be good to see is whether or not Ashley changes. Next episode it looks like she fights with either Marcia or KO, but I think that when Farrah was there, she was definitely forced to be the kinda mean, stuck-up girl, and without Farrah she may be mean but we'll see actual HEART! SENSITIVITY!

I think that yeah, maybe the man fell on the ground a bit on purpose because this was a test for the girls. I thought Bubbles and KO did quite well-and you can tell that KO wants to shed that name because she used Roxanne (her real name) during the challenge).

Oh and is that Clare in your avatar?
    Alright, I'll make sure not to anymore. I don't see what the problem is, but per your wishes. It's kind of a habit of mine anyway, to bold another FoRTer's name if I'm talking about them.

She probably needs an institution more than she needs Charm School. But I don't think anyone would check themselves into an institution, so I guess this show is the next best thing. But sadly, it doesn't really reform the girls. Saaphyri is in jail for identity theft. I'm not sure if she did the crime before the show, but still, it's sad that the first winner of the show ended up in jail. I still love her though.

I'm kind of anxious to see how Ashley will do without Farrah. She kind of fell apart on Rock of Love Bus after Bret eliminated her. If she truly wants to change, then she won't need Farrah as a support.

And yes.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3471276;
    Alright, I'll make sure not to anymore. I don't see what the problem is, but per your wishes. It's kind of a habit of mine anyway, to bold another FoRTer's name if I'm talking about them.

She probably needs an institution more than she needs Charm School. But I don't think anyone would check themselves into an institution, so I guess this show is the next best thing. But sadly, it doesn't really reform the girls. Saaphyri is in jail for identity theft. I'm not sure if she did the crime before the show, but still, it's sad that the first winner of the show ended up in jail. I still love her though.

I'm kind of anxious to see how Ashley will do without Farrah. She kind of fell apart on Rock of Love Bus after Bret eliminated her. If she truly wants to change, then she won't need Farrah as a support.

And yes.
    It's something that personally annoys me and I'm not used to it because everywhere else, nobody really bolds. The people who do bold don't really go into the MAC area.

I thought that Saaphyri was in jail because of not coming for a court date related to something in 2004. I love her too though. She really changed after Charm School and on ILM, she was hilarious. It is definitely all for TV, for the most part-but at least we know that Gia got rehab. Most of the people there are mainly there for money. The people who really need it don't tend to be as serious about it, and the people who don't need it as much will go early. So it's a catch-22. I have to say they keep Brittanya til the end, and this is not spoiler-this is just me trying to put two and two together. She's getting the edit of girl who is really serious about change.

Ashley definitely fell apart after Farrah left on ROL, yes-but it will be interesting to see how she does. Right now it looks like she is leaning on Brittanya. I think she's going to go from one girl, to the next, to the next-I think she needs to learn to be less dependent.

Honestly though...that wasn't my favourite shot of Clare. I loved her in this week's photoshoot though, but my favourite shot so far on the show has to have been Maddy at the train shoot.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread