+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Cougar

FORT Fogey

Re: The Cougar

Stacey's ex-husband was interviewed on TV and said the way she is being portrayed is totally false. He blames their breakup on her interest in partying with younger men (we don't know what part he played in the breakup), but also said she owes about $30,000 in back child support (seemed to be showing documentation to the reporter), is not a millionaire, lives in a 1-bedroom apartment last he knew, and spent only a few days with the kids in the past year. He says the family is embarrassed by what she's doing on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3435803;
    Stacey's ex-husband was interviewed on TV and said the way she is being portrayed is totally false. He blames their breakup on her interest in partying with younger men (we don't know what part he played in the breakup), but also said she owes about $30,000 in back child support (seemed to be showing documentation to the reporter), is not a millionaire, lives in a 1-bedroom apartment last he knew, and spent only a few days with the kids in the past year. He says the family is embarrassed by what she's doing on the show.
    Is there a credible source for all of this? I am not saying it isn't true, but I have an ex-husband and I wouldn't call one of those a credible source of information.

FORT Fogey

I have no way of knowing who is lying and who is telling the truth. Just relaying what he said on TV. She followed up saying he's lying but doesn't deny she's behind on child support. She didn't deny anything specifically that was in my previous post (at least not in the interview I saw), except he had also called her an alcoholic, and she did deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3421156;
    Not interested in watching this show but the thread is excellent.

I met my partner when he was 26 & I was 40 -- it seemed completely natural because he's mature & I'm a big baby.

But I would never think of categorizing myself as a cougar, even if the term had been in use back in the day. Not sure why, but it has a nasty connotation.
    I think it really means a wealthy woman who seduces young men because she can afford it, and they like living the high life. It's not just any older woman, but a user older woman.

This woman is more of a MILF (which is also nasty if you spell it out).

And it's a seriously stupid show.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky;3440796;
    I think it really means a wealthy woman who seduces young men because she can afford it, and they like living the high life. It's not just any older woman, but a user older woman.

This woman is more of a MILF (which is also nasty if you spell it out).

And it's a seriously stupid show.
    I find the show degrading to women over the age of 35. As a 46 year old with a 23 year son, I find the whole thing a bit smarmy, and tainted. I think the references such as "cougar den" are just sleezy. This show makes me want to take a shower and clean the filth off. (I watched 1 show, that was enough for me!). "so and so...kiss me!" ....uuugghh

I understand that there are women who find the adoration of these younger men, "flattering", but I think this show is done in a class-less and major cheesy (oops meant sleezy!) way!

That whole vomiting scene did it in for me. I mean couldn't that guy at least have kicked the door closed while he was

Yuck!

And then did he wash his hands and face and rinse out his mouth?

I'm glad she didn't have to kiss him and just turned her cheek but still, that was too much!

I thought this show might be interesting..but its not...for one..the kiss off makes me sick...uckkkkkkkkkk...but maybe its me..i have a 21 year old son and I hear what him and his friends think of women my age (42) and yes they do chase them and shower affection on them...but 99.9% of the time its with an ulterior motive (money...sex with no strings..etc) I find it hard to believe that ALL of the guys on this show are serious about this woman...maybe 1 of them is...but i think the rest are there for their own 'personal' reasons

and the 'COUGAR DEN"....Fleiss..I didn't think you could get any trashier..but even you surprised me this go around
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Premium Member

I'm honestly surprised this show hasn't been cancelled yet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3442961;
    I'm honestly surprised this show hasn't been cancelled yet.

Me, too, and I've only watched little bits of it here and there. Caught the end of it last night, and think I might watch next week just to see the guys' families (especially their mothers) rake her over the coals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3449787;
    Me, too, and I've only watched little bits of it here and there. Caught the end of it last night, and think I might watch next week just to see the guys' families (especially their mothers) rake her over the coals.
    I caught the tail end also and the previews for next week..doesn't Stacy realize that she probably about the same age as most of the mothers...gezzzz I don't think I could do that
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread