+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Cougar

FORT Fogey

Re: The Cougar

If she only dabbles in real estate, then she doesn't make much money, and if she doesn't make much money, why is SHE paying HIM child support?!

Travis reminds me of a young Keanu Reeves.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3424573;
    well for the first 5 or 6 seasons of the bachelor..they always told us who the winner was before the finale...lol..
    Maybe it's true, but when I think of the Enquirer or any tabloid, I can't help thinking of Bigfoot and two-headed alien babies, so I can't help being skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3424641;
    If she only dabbles in real estate, then she doesn't make much money, and if she doesn't make much money, why is SHE paying HIM child support?!
    well this could be drawn out into a big time debate..you have people who will talk about each side..but in most states now when people are divorcing they are given "joint" custody instead of one parent having "sole" custody instead one parent is named as the "primary caregiver" which is whom the child lives with and it is the responsibility of the "non primary" parent to provide support for the child..doesn't matter if it is the mother or the father...now most people are quick to jump on the bandwagon about dead beat dads and how a lot of them don't pay their support but in the last 15 years there has been a shifting in who the "primary cargiver" is and more and more children are living with their fathers..now IMO ONLY it is just as much a mothers responsibility to provide support for her child that doesn't live with her as it is for a father who's child doesn't live with him....I worked in a law office before and I can tell you for some reason judges are a lot easier on a woman who doesn't pay support than they are on men that don't ... now to me that is a double standard that i don't think should apply..and I am female and yes my ex owes me a ton of support ..just saying so you wouldn't think I was taking up for a man..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronlori;3424564 View Post
    Newbie here! I am creeped out/sucked in by this train wreck! Here is my question...my friend and I think Travis (young surfer dude with a fetish for stuffed animals) reminds us of someone in movies or on tv. Anyone have an idea of who he looks like? Keep up the great work on here!
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda;3423289 View Post
    I have a different perspective. I'm 45 and have a 20 year old daughter. I was never married and raised her on my own. I have found that most men my age are either married already or are kind of 'beat down' Now that my daughter is grown and on her own I have a tremendous amount of energy, free time and sexual energy.

I don't mind the term cougar although I've been called one. I picture a cougar as someone who actually goes out and searches for young prey. But young men are just constantly coming on to me. I am not buff like the woman on the show. The last two guys I have been with have been 28 and 23 and they both pursued me. My daughter and I have an agreement that I would never be with one of her friends. Which would be icky anyway because I've known them all since they were kids. The guys I meet I'm meeting at shows and through other friends.

I couldn't really see having a long term relationship with a guy that age because I don't think it would be fair to them. They still have getting married and having children of their own in front of them. It wouldn't be right to take that away. But guys my age aren't interested (or are and married) and guys about ten years younger are starting to look for their mates. So guys in their twenties are wanting to have the same good time I'm looking for.
    Be careful! You never know what might happen.

I've been with my partner, who's 14 years younger than I am, for 17 years. I figured we'd hang out until we got tired of each other, then eventually he'd fall in love with a woman closer to his age, get married & have babies. Glad it didn't work out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3422757;
    I noticed a lot of the guys licking their lips once their names were called to come up for the kiss. That just really grossed me out. One guy doing that would be bad enough. But so many did it that all I could think about was how much different spit she was getting on her lips. Yuck!

I'd rather she gave out roses...and air kisses..surely Fleiss has that trademarked!
    Yes, I completely agree - the kissing has got to go. It's awful, and I can't get past it.

Did I totally imagine the previews or was someone supposed to "cross the line" tonight? If so, I didn't see it. I thought the cop (the last one she kicked off) was kind of bizarre in the way he spoke in a slow, monotone voice and the way he was talking how she broke his heart with that tone was strange. I was surprised at how mature the young guy was on the one on one date, even though I snickered when he got carded. I personally would have kicked off the guy who said "Green light" after the kiss. The guy who was equally annoying was the one who was whining about not getting enough alone time with her and the one who accused the musician guy of "peacocking". And I cannot believe her bedroom is actually called the cougar den. Oh why can't I stop watching this? I can't believe how hooked I am on this show, lol.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ronlori;3424564;
    Newbie here! I am creeped out/sucked in by this train wreck! Here is my question...my friend and I think Travis (young surfer dude with a fetish for stuffed animals) reminds us of someone in movies or on tv. Anyone have an idea of who he looks like? Keep up the great work on here!
    My husband and I think he looks like Josh Holloway, who plays Sawyer on Lost. He could be Sawyer's younger brother. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3429834;
    Did I totally imagine the previews or was someone supposed to "cross the line" tonight? If so, I didn't see it. I thought the cop (the last one she kicked off) was kind of bizarre in the way he spoke in a slow, monotone voice and the way he was talking how she broke his heart with that tone was strange. I was surprised at how mature the young guy was on the one on one date, even though I snickered when he got carded. I personally would have kicked off the guy who said "Green light" after the kiss. The guy who was equally annoying was the one who was whining about not getting enough alone time with her and the one who accused the musician guy of "peacocking". And I cannot believe her bedroom is actually called the cougar den. Oh why can't I stop watching this? I can't believe how hooked I am on this show, lol.
    The cop guy was just plain creepy all together. I am so glad she let him go, but I agree the guy that yelled out "green light" should have left last night. I would of love to seen him go and keep "Kai" at least his was normal. I still can't not see for the life of me what she see's in "Travis", the long hair guy. I was completely shocked on how mature the young guy on the one on one date was also. He knew so much about wine and I was not sure he was going to try the snails or not. Jon seems to the front runner for now, but if he is not careful he might seem like he is smoothering her. "Cougar den" they could not find a better name for it. Does anyone know where the guys stay? Did anyone noticed how diced the scence with Jon on the bench with Stacey was?

+ Reply to Thread