+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Cougar

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Cougar

Kissing those multiple guys on the lips.....

That was just nasty!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kao

I'm so embarrassed for this woman!

Raising the minimum age of the guys to 25 would be a good idea (if there is a next season) lol.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I completely agree. I felt dirty just watching her kiss that 21 year old
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

i'm watching it online now...they're about to do the 'kiss off'. a bizarre crop of young men, for sure.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3415495;
    I wish they could have picked some hotter guys, though. Some are good looking (can't remember all the names, so can't give specifics), but most of them are just average.
    Agree. This show has a huge ICK factor for me, especially at the end when she was kissing them. I love these Bachelor type shows, and I think I've watched (and enjoyed) them all -- even some of the cheesier ones -- but this one really creeped me out - partially because most of the guys were so young and clearly not interested in marriage -- but mostly because so many of them seemed to be totally classless and essentially bottom-of-the barrel types (especially the Marine with the striped shirt) -- plus, not very attractive. I remember there was another Cougar/young guys/young gals show a few years ago, and I loved that one, but there, the guys were savvier and much more attractive.

compared to other fleiss productions, this one seems more 'transparent' than the others. for me, it was pretty easy to spot the guys that were just there because they're aspiring to stay on the show to parlay their fifteen minutes into some kind of hollywood gig.

stacey (the cougar) may be 40 in physical age, but she's not in maturity. this is a child bride who married at 16, had four kids and now she's free. she's the same age as these guys in every way except numerical.

how awkwardly obvious was that 'confrontation' between the marine and mr. ascot? geez. then, the dramatic shots when both were 'kissed'.

speaking of that kissing thing...it kinda reminds me of communion in the catholic church. there should be someone standing next to the cougar with a anti-bacterial wipe to cleanse her after each kiss (like the wine chalice). otherwise, by episode five, everyone might be sporting cold sores (like in spinal tap).

FORT Fogey

I just watched a rerun of this mess of a show. I didn't catch how old her oldest son is, but aren't some of these guys barely older than that? I don't have a problem with an older woman dating a younger man if they have a lot in common and it's not just for sex or the guy's attraction to the woman's money, but something about this whole situation made me nauseous. All that kissing at the end did, too. Not only is it unsanitary, but I disliked the way she seemed to "order" them to kiss her ... her tone of voice. I suppose I just don't like these types of shows, like the Bach and Bach'ette, where one person clearly has the upper hand, and all the contestants are slobbering over him/her to be chosen. Usually whoever is "the big prize" turns out to be anything but. If she's serious about wanting to wind up with one of these guys, is she thinking at all about who would be a good role model for her four kids? How can they respect a guy as their mother's husband (not that I expect that to happen) who's almost the same age as one of them? This woman is trying to get the youth back that she spent being married and having children. She would be better off with a good shrink than a TV show.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 04-19-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Premium Member

I started watching it but I only lasted through the introductions. The police officer was so cheesy I felt embarrassed for my police officer son who is about that same age. I know it's a double standard that nobody thinks anything of older men dating younger women, but it's just different when this is a mother sucking face with guys the same age or younger than her own children. It makes her seem smarmy, desperate and pathetic.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3418150;
    It makes her seem smarmy, desperate and pathetic.
    The perfect description! She may look like she has it together ... she may seem to these young, inexperienced guys that she has it together ... but I see a woman who is being driven by unresolved, unexamined inner issues. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if she didn't have a kid around their age, but she does, and I don't think a woman with four children should be doing this. Their lives are also being affected by what she does, especially on national TV.

Premium Member

This was on again this afternoon, so I watched the last 1/2 hour. That kiss-off was the most cheesy, awkward thing I've ever seen. I will be really surprised if this show even makes anywhere near the end.

+ Reply to Thread