+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: The Cougar

Re: The Cougar

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3483488;
    Don't worry about Colt, he is actually the big winner in all of this. Not only did he get to play his music on TV (which is going to get him a lot of better paying gigs if not a contract) BUT I predict that he will be back in the new show "The Cougars" where he gets to choose between 10 Cougars living in a house together

Makes a lot of sense... no way Jimmy would be interesting enough for that...
    OMG please tell me you are just guessing and this show is not actually in the works
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

If there's a 2nd season, they should follow the pattern of Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher of the 15-year-gap (45yo woman, 30yo men). The audience/public would accept/embrace it more and it wouldn't have the "ICK" factor that a 40-year-old who has a child OLDER than the potential boyfriend.

Sorry, that's creepy. (And, I'm "cougar-age". But, being in an university-atmosphere, I've also been turning down college frat boys for 5 years ... I just keep thinking, "I'm as old as your MOM!!!" Yet, I smile and thank the BOYS for their compliment.)

So, Fleiss (& his minions) ... women in their 40s, men in the 30 range (28-35). More believe-able and more acceptable.
    AND MORE WATCHABLE (for the gen-pop) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen this show and it does sound like a total train wreck. Not surprising as it's coming from Mike Fleiss.
    As far as the Demi / Ashton match up, she was about 40 when she took up with him. He was about 25. He would have been more suitable for her daughters. I think a 15 year age difference is a bit much whether the woman is the cougar or the man is. I just don't understand what you can have in common with someone so much younger than yourself - aside from the obvious, of course.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3484359;
    If there's a 2nd season, they should follow the pattern of Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher of the 15-year-gap (45yo woman, 30yo men). The audience/public would accept/embrace it more and it wouldn't have the "ICK" factor that a 40-year-old who has a child OLDER than the potential boyfriend.

Sorry, that's creepy. (And, I'm "cougar-age". But, being in an university-atmosphere, I've also been turning down college frat boys for 5 years ... I just keep thinking, "I'm as old as your MOM!!!" Yet, I smile and thank the BOYS for their compliment.)

So, Fleiss (& his minions) ... women in their 40s, men in the 30 range (28-35). More believe-able and more acceptable.
    AND MORE WATCHABLE (for the gen-pop) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITA...her going out with these boys that where barely old enough to drink made me think of the same thing you said...I'm old enough to be your mother..I think it would be much better with some older guys...I mean the date she went on when the guy was carded was just like OMG
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Whew....thank god thats over!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just watched a piece on Inside Edition where they were talking about Brooke Hogan's mother dating one of Brooke's former classmates who is 19 years old. That is sick. What makes these boys attractive to these women? I just don't see it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3485360;
    I just watched a piece on Inside Edition where they were talking about Brooke Hogan's mother dating one of Brooke's former classmates who is 19 years old. That is sick. What makes these boys attractive to these women? I just don't see it.
    I think the young boys had seen these older women as their fantasy woman when they were growing up, and then when they get a chance they take it. Like Ashton and Demi. He probably grew up watching her on movies and thinking she was gorgeous, so when she was looking for a younger guy to try and hold on to youth, he was more than willing to oblige.

Any update on this scintillating couple?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3487417;
    I think the young boys had seen these older women as their fantasy woman when they were growing up, and then when they get a chance they take it. Like Ashton and Demi. He probably grew up watching her on movies and thinking she was gorgeous, so when she was looking for a younger guy to try and hold on to youth, he was more than willing to oblige.
    But they've actually been together quite some time, married and all, and had a kid,no? I admit these latest camera ads of his seem to show him flirting a lot with women his age, which seems kind of odd if he's still married.... That is, for a Hollywood marriage it's had a pretty good run--you don't expect them to be "forever marriages", and when they are--like Newman and Woodward--it's quite an oddity.

What you said about him growing up on her, reminds me of the stuff that came out re Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise....

Never saw this...but the "kiss off" does sound really disgusting, even if they did it on the Bachelorette and there were no age issues! Talk about your "sloppy seconds". Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3561993;
    But they've actually been together quite some time, married and all, and had a kid,no? I admit these latest camera ads of his seem to show him flirting a lot with women his age, which seems kind of odd if he's still married.... That is, for a Hollywood marriage it's had a pretty good run--you don't expect them to be "forever marriages", and when they are--like Newman and Woodward--it's quite an oddity.

What you said about him growing up on her, reminds me of the stuff that came out re Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise....

Never saw this...but the "kiss off" does sound really disgusting, even if they did it on the Bachelorette and there were no age issues! Talk about your "sloppy seconds". Ugh.
    The only kids that Demi has have all been fathered by Bruce.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread