+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New York Goes To Work

Re: New York Goes To Work

And, well...she freaked out enough to where she didn't get the $$$. Next week her jobs are dairy farmer, gardener, or exotic animal trainer...
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

They did it again! Who cares about borin ol' dairy farming or gardening? Exotic Animal Trainer is another no-brainer. If NY is afraid of dying when she's around pigs or common snakes, imagine how she'll be when faced with an animal that really could kill her.

To be honest, dairy farmer may be funnier because it's animals PLUS manure and all that kind of stuff.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

You know, I may be quite a bit lame for posting this, but I was actually kind of looking forward to this show when I heard the premise. Yes I figured it would be scripted and tacky....but I had no idea. There is no idea that this is digestible. New York is way more over the top than she ever was, making the outright phoniness of the show as apparent as a glass thermometer. This is the worst VH1 reality show I have seen in a long looonnng time.

I was watching some Ice Cube movie on tv the other day and New York was in the chair getting her hair done by one of the actresses. It was a movie about how Ice Cube and his friend try to rob a church for money. She was over the top even with her 3 or 4 lines she had!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I thought she deserved the $10,000 after completing the ghost hunter job. I don't know why they didn't give it to her. The Queen Mary is a scary place, so even going that deep into the ship is an accomplishment.

She also deserved the $10,000 for the exotic animal trainer job, so I'm glad she got it. I was laughing my ass off when I saw her crying after working with the tiger.

It's probably just me, but New York is really likable on this show. Well, at least compared to her other appearances on FOL, etc.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'll admit, I laughed rather well at NY during the ghost hunter....only because her personality was so over the top funny.

However, she really bailed out on the group many times, and allowed her own 'fears' and hallucinations to get the better of her, and when she broke the E-meter, that right there costs quite a bit, so it didnt surprise me when she did not receive the 10 Gs.

And just a bit on semantics...There is nothing New York has ever done to warrant her to "deserve" ten thousand dollars. She hasnt saved a life, bettered herself, bettered her community, etc. She has only perpetuated a harmful stereotype that she thinks is her cash cow.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3479062;
    I thought she deserved the $10,000 after completing the ghost hunter job. I don't know why they didn't give it to her. The Queen Mary is a scary place, so even going that deep into the ship is an accomplishment.

She also deserved the $10,000 for the exotic animal trainer job, so I'm glad she got it. I was laughing my ass off when I saw her crying after working with the tiger.

It's probably just me, but New York is really likable on this show. Well, at least compared to her other appearances on FOL, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;3477649;
    You know, I may be quite a bit lame for posting this, but I was actually kind of looking forward to this show when I heard the premise. Yes I figured it would be scripted and tacky....but I had no idea. There is no idea that this is digestible. New York is way more over the top than she ever was, making the outright phoniness of the show as apparent as a glass thermometer. This is the worst VH1 reality show I have seen in a long looonnng time.
    i take it you didnt watch NY goes to Hollywood then. This is like the Godfather compared to that disaster.
    ignorance is excellence

Disappointing show, disappointing finale.

However, Bryan's eyebrows should get their own spinoff show. I'd watch that.

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

.. I watched the finale purely for Mr. Boston.

I still want him to have his own show.
    You've been Philiminated.

+ Reply to Thread