+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table For 12

Table For 12

Here's TLC's latest large-family reality show-this one stars the Hayes family. Mom Betty is a stay-at-home mum, and dad Eric is a policeman. There are two sets of twins-Kevin and Kyle, who are 12; and Kieran and Meghan, who are 10, as well as sextuplets who are 4: Tara, Rachel, Rebecca, Ryan, Connor, and EJ. Rebecca has cerebral palsy.

The first episodes:

For Betty's birthday, Eric sends her to a spa, while the rest of the family plans a surprise for her. Then, Eric and Betty take the entire family to the aquarium. The March 30 episodes follow them at Christmas, and then Rebecca going to a theraputic horse ranch (used for special-needs children; the special-needs kids from the high school I went to would go to a theraputic ranch every year) and the family tagging along for support.

Anyone else watching? I think this is going to be a funny one because the kids all look to have a ton of personality, and plus when you have two boys in Jazz bands you know it's going to be loud.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Re: Table For 12

I'm watching the show right now and it's pretty cute. The one little boy had a Penn State Football shirt on.

enough already with the large family reality shows. Is everyone trying to relive their childhood?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I certainly am not...but I think there's a natural curiousity about how the large families do it, and plus seeing it can be a source of escapism in these tough times. Sure, it's not all harmonious, but it's fun to watch. I caught some of the birthday episode and it's definitely a crazy bunch-and then there's them going out to the restaurant. Sure, not the best social graces, but funny nonetheless.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

I watched the show and loved it. It was so refreshing to see how the mom and dad interacted with one another and with the kids.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I love this family! They are definitely the most "normal" out of all the big family shows on TLC. I'll be watching...
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Betty and Eric are absolutely HILARIOUS. This show is comedy gold-from the kids in the kitchen to "bleeding sparkles" to the daughter getting the facial and massage.

I really enjoyed the banter between the parents. When the mom mentioned how she had never been in the back seat before and the husband mentioned the she HAD been in the back seat before......back in their dating days....and they both laughed about it. Also thought it was funny how Mom stated that she was not a fan of the whole spa treatment thing....to me, it was poking fun of another mom of a large brood who lives for the spa! Also how she had a conversation with another parent/grandparent in that restaurant....again, another dig at that same mom who never carries on a conversation with "the general public" anywhere she goes. There were some other things in the show that showed how opposite this mom is from the other one.

I wouldn't be surprised, either, if we do actually see grandparents, aunts, uncles, and family friends on this particular show.

I enjoyed the show and will tune in for more.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3394845;
    I really enjoyed the banter between the parents. When the mom mentioned how she had never been in the back seat before and the husband mentioned the she HAD been in the back seat before......back in their dating days....and they both laughed about it. Also thought it was funny how Mom stated that she was not a fan of the whole spa treatment thing....to me, it was poking fun of another mom of a large brood who lives for the spa! Also how she had a conversation with another parent/grandparent in that restaurant....again, another dig at that same mom who never carries on a conversation with "the general public" anywhere she goes. There were some other things in the show that showed how opposite this mom is from the other one.

I wouldn't be surprised, either, if we do actually see grandparents, aunts, uncles, and family friends on this particular show.

I enjoyed the show and will tune in for more.
    That was my favorite part of the show! I laughed so hard! They have a great interaction between them. The kids are fun too. The older kids are sarcastic and funny.

Everyone set your recording devices for Tuesday Sept 21st. There are two new episodes for us to enjoy.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast