+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tough Love (VH1)

Re: Tough Love (VH1)

Sexual abuse will make an adult woman act one of two ways: She either becomes the Nun/Prude or the Slut/Whore, for lack of better archetypes. And many times she will go into various periods of her life utilizing both categories, depending on how much supression is going on and the level of repression apparent. A bad relationship with a father will not overly sexualize a girl, unless that bad relationship indicated molestation, or a father's denial of his daughter's molestation. And the idea of being raped as a child is still such a societal taboo, that the girl as an adult would feel foolish to admit to it, in most circumstances. Its sad really.

FORT Fan

Hmm.....I am dismayed to see the "professional" fame seeking resumes for the 3 of them...wonder who else is just an out of work actress happy to get a reality gig?? I thought some of them seemed more "normal" or less in it for the "exposure">> not surprised at Stasha (playboy etc) but Jessa?? Maybe she is really a good actress lol

frankly this show is failing to hold my attention at this point...I zip thru it on dvr

well to be fair, Jessa's only credit prior to Tough Love was a 2007 bit part. The other entries are after this. So is she trying to capitalize on this show? Probably.

Abiola on the other hand, has an extensive acting resume and that is annoying. she is not representing herself as an actress on the show.

Stasha, honestly, I could care less about.

I still find myself hoping, at least, that most of these women are truly looking for a relationship. But I'm now watching with a healthy dose of skepticism (always good in these shows anyway! lol).
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe actresses need help in the dating arena, too?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Excellent point!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;3405284;
    Sexual abuse will make an adult woman act one of two ways: She either becomes the Nun/Prude or the Slut/Whore, for lack of better archetypes. And many times she will go into various periods of her life utilizing both categories, depending on how much supression is going on and the level of repression apparent. A bad relationship with a father will not overly sexualize a girl, unless that bad relationship indicated molestation, or a father's denial of his daughter's molestation. And the idea of being raped as a child is still such a societal taboo, that the girl as an adult would feel foolish to admit to it, in most circumstances. Its sad really.
    Several HUGE innacurate generalizations and/or absolutes that are potentially harmful here, in my opinion. On what do you base these conclusions/statements?

I also know, for a fact, that acting the way Arianne does is not absolute proof that she has been abused, either. I do agree with Gracie that 'something' happened to make her act the way she does, but it could be that she was awkward or ugly or a misfit when she was younger, and used sex trying to get boys to like her. That might explain why she can't seem to move past the 'one night stand' mentality.
    There are many other factors that could have caused Ariannes behavior as well.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

I'm pretty sure she mentioned she was a virgin in high school. She did it to get her dad's approval, which she never got. She said she was a straight-A student, a virgin, the "good-girl" works. My guess is she feels like she's never been good enough for anyone and never will be.

But I think there's something more. I think she probably had a sibling or siblings who got on fine with her father, and that makes it all the worse. And now she's angry, and so she's acting out against him by being overly sexual.

Everyone assumes that she's been the one who was abused. Working in a strip club I'm sure she's seen & heard a lot of bad things. It may have happened to a dancer she knew, or have come too close to it at the club or from some "sugar daddy" that she'd been messing with. I think its safe to say that she isn't going to stop whatever she's doing now after the show (and 15minutes of fame) is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3410766;
    I'm pretty sure she mentioned she was a virgin in high school. She did it to get her dad's approval, which she never got. She said she was a straight-A student, a virgin, the "good-girl" works. My guess is she feels like she's never been good enough for anyone and never will be.

But I think there's something more. I think she probably had a sibling or siblings who got on fine with her father, and that makes it all the worse. And now she's angry, and so she's acting out against him by being overly sexual.
    I wonder if her father is still alive?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread