+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tough Love (VH1)

Re: Tough Love (VH1)

I think I have to disagree a bit here. Yes, there are definitely some of the usual barfly types. Unfortunately Taylor and Arian tend to take over many of the conversations. But there are also some other types: career woman, ball-buster, shy/retiring that make it very interesting.

I'm sure other shows have some of these types too; maybe its the mix I'm liking - a bit of everything. No huge catfights between 6 or more skanks.

There are some very educated ladies here (shoot, even Arian has a degree!). And I really like the no-voting off setup. We're getting to know these women and what makes them tick. Taylor seems a bit more human now that we know she had to give up a child for adoption when he was 16 months old. And of course, it's nice to root for someone to find a love match.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

i am watching my first episode of this show now a couple of the girls really seem interested in listening to the guy and trying to find someone but a couple of them aren't anything but skanks with a capital S..the girl that took the guy to her bedroom...gezzzzzzzz
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3402704;
    I think I have to disagree a bit here. Yes, there are definitely some of the usual barfly types. Unfortunately Taylor and Arian tend to take over many of the conversations. But there are also some other types: career woman, ball-buster, shy/retiring that make it very interesting.
    I actually fell in love with the show for this! I can see myself in a lil bit of all of them (ironically). What woman doesn't go after a man with money (for security of course), smart, passes their personal criteria (feet fall on my list too!), and completes her!

I've often put my career above anything else, and I don't think people should judge Jody in a bad way for it. She's motivated, driven, and successful. She just doesn't have the time or great pool of men to start a relationship with. I hope she finds love on the show.

I have to say that the longer this show is on, the more and more I like it. These women appear to be serious about working through personal issues. I like that they aren't competing as well and believe this show has turned into one of the classiest VH1 shows on the air. I'm admittedly learning a lot about myself through watching this show.

At first I wasn't impressed with Steve, however, I'm now of the belief he knows what he's talking about. He's extremely attentive and notices things in these women I would never notice. At times he's a bit abrasive, but I believe he does it at appropriate times.

We're getting a chance now to see who is serious about this boot camp and who isn't. I'm jealous because I'd love to have this opportunity. I have a crush on Steve because I like a man that is upfront and honest like he is. You don't have to read between the lines with him. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for these women and I'm loving that most of them are taking it seriously. I am shocked at and proud of the changes that some of them have made thus far.

I am liking this show and I also see a little bit of myself in each of them and I also like the fact that its not an elimination thing.

Any guesses as to who Stasha thinks she's in love with? For some reason I think it's going to be Steve. I feel it.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I really love Taylor. At first she annoyed me, but now I just love her. She cracks me up.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;3403601;
    I am liking this show and I also see a little bit of myself in each of them and I also like the fact that its not an elimination thing.
    This is my 2nd episode of this show and i am gonna have to search to find the ones i missed...and i totally agree with the person who said they would love to have this chance..you are NOT the only one..I would too...i am 42 and been divorced 12 years and even though i have dated I basically just gave up 4 years ago and haven't been out with anyone...and its not even safe to find a "friend with benefits" so i just stay home ...BORING

This was a brilliant episode, this is a classy show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3403881;
    This was a brilliant episode, this is a classy show.
    i am really enjoying it also...i hope it turns out that these are real people and not just "actors' portraying people..I would be really disappointed...but this guy unlike our other match maker shows...he seems to really be interested and working with them on their 'imperfections" and helping them.

+ Reply to Thread