+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 269
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tough Love (VH1)

  1. #251
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,127

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Did anyone watch the episode with Steve, his mom and sister? That was AWFUL - made me want to not watch anymore - keep the family crap of the business off the TV!
    I watched. They were pretty horrid to each other. I think that people don't realize how they're going to come across when they act like that. Maybe they just felt like they were being open and honest, but they were really unlikeable. There are some things that a family just shouldn't show the world, IMO. I felt sorry for the husband/father in all this. He was the only one who seemed sane!

    I have mixed feelings about this season. I don't think ANY of the so-called relationships the ladies formed while on the show will last. Some of the guys - especially Leilani's and Bridget's - seemed like they were just in it for the screen time.

    I wonder what happened to (was his name) Albert that Steve set up with Jane before her ex came back on the scene. He seemed like a really good guy and he didn't deserve to be treated that way.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #252
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,370

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I wonder what happened to (was his name) Albert that Steve set up with Jane before her ex came back on the scene. He seemed like a really good guy and he didn't deserve to be treated that way.
    I was thinking the same thing, she seemed excited and giddy about him, though holding back. I hope they didn't just lead him on then drop like a bomb. I thought he was a better match than her ex.

  3. #253
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,370

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    This is BACK - and New Orleans this time...missed part of the first episode, but like the new rule - 3 strikes (times on the hot seat) and you are GONE

  4. #254
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,127

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea it was coming back. I guess I don't watch VH1 any more.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #255
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,127

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    I finally watched the first episode of the new season and wow, he found another group of women who are a total mess!

    What is it with the hairdressers on these shows? They always have the worst hair and the most horrid makeup. That blonde looks like a blow-up doll. Why women think that light frosted pink lipstick is attractive, I don't know.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  6. #256
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    440

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    As abrasive as Steve can be, he does make valid points where the women on the show are concerned. And this group of women needs a lot of help.
    NEPASue likes this.

  7. #257
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,127

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    As abrasive as Steve can be, he does make valid points where the women on the show are concerned. And this group of women needs a lot of help.
    I think that by the time these women get to the point of needing Steve's brand of help, someone has to be harsh. It's probably the only thing that will get through to them! Hence, the name of the show!

    In watching the preview of the season, I was pleased to see that the Barbie blonde looked like she toned her makeup down as the season progressed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  8. #258
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,127

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    Is anyone else still watching?

    I think this is the first time one of the ladies (and I feel like sometimes that term is used VERY loosely!) has turned out to be married. Did Tiffany think no one would find out OR care? I agree with Steve that she's got mental problems.

    Poor Melissa. I don't think Steve will ever be able to change her. I think her best bet is to find a guy who's okay with her geeky awkwardness.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  9. #259
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,677

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Is anyone else still watching?

    I think this is the first time one of the ladies (and I feel like sometimes that term is used VERY loosely!) has turned out to be married. Did Tiffany think no one would find out OR care? I agree with Steve that she's got mental problems.

    Poor Melissa. I don't think Steve will ever be able to change her. I think her best bet is to find a guy who's okay with her geeky awkwardness.
    I think that is the first time. But I think they had to know this when they cast Tiffany. Surely, they must vet these contestants somehow. And where did her husband think she was all this time?

    Melissa somehow just doesn't know how to interpret social cues. I thought Steve was going to lay into even more last night when she said she wants someone taller, as if dating men of average height has been her problem.

    The bartender girl who sleeps with nearly everyone on the first date - hearing her back story helped to explain her behavior.

    A lot of the contestants this season could benefit from therapy - also Barbie-doll Stephanie (I think that's her name).

    Watching this show makes me feel pleasantly normal.
    NFL1 likes this.

  10. #260
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,127

    Re: Tough Love (VH1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I think that is the first time. But I think they had to know this when they cast Tiffany. Surely, they must vet these contestants somehow. And where did her husband think she was all this time?

    Melissa somehow just doesn't know how to interpret social cues. I thought Steve was going to lay into even more last night when she said she wants someone taller, as if dating men of average height has been her problem.

    The bartender girl who sleeps with nearly everyone on the first date - hearing her back story helped to explain her behavior.

    A lot of the contestants this season could benefit from therapy - also Barbie-doll Stephanie (I think that's her name).

    Watching this show makes me feel pleasantly normal.
    Totally. I watch this and the Bach series to make myself feel better about my own life!

    I can't believe Stephanie thinks she looks good like that. She's a pretty girl, but all that make-up and plastic blonde hair are horrible. She looks like a porn star. Guys may like that look when it actually IS a porn star, but they don't want to take it home to their mom.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.