+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tough Love (VH1)

Re: Tough Love (VH1)

Oh goodie!! This show was one of my guilty pleasures. Glad to see it was back. I haven't watched VH1 in ages so I hadn't even heard it would be coming back. I'll catch the premier during one of the million re-airings! That's the great thing about this network, you can bet it will air over and over again!
    alizarules likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks for the info, Critical! I always got a kick out of this show.

FORT Fogey

Me too - just noticed it, but my DVR picked it up!! Yipee, back to trainwreck city ;_)

Trainwreck City is right! Man, I wish I could reach through the TV and smack some of these women!

Brigette is just out of control. Isn't this their second date and she's already talking about introducing him to her parents? Plus, Steve kept talking about how that guy was so into her but I didn't see it. It seemed like he was just there for the cameras. Totally smarmy. That hair is SO 1986 too. Is that coming back in now or is the guy just a tool? I'm surprised he didn't pop his collar.

I didn't see the big deal about Christine's haircut. I liked it, although the highlights were very fake. The clip-on extensions were disgusting. Why she feels the need for those and the fake tan, I don't know. She looked better without it.

ETA: I just read some of the profiles on the official site and it seems the married man Avonte was involved with for 9 years is a celebrity. I wonder if we'll find out who it is...
    Last edited by Critical; 10-10-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm re-watching last week's episode and the exercise where Steve deals with the ladies' lists of expectations and I get his point, but I take issue a bit. I think there's a HUGE difference between expecting a man to weigh a certain amount or make a certain amount and not wanting to date a smoker. I was surprised at how many of the men were smokers. In my world (and I live in CA, so maybe that's why I was surprised), not so many people smoke any more and it's definitely a deal breaker with a lot of people I know.

Leilani still doesn't get it. What a shallow bitch. I hope this guy she's been matched with on the show gets wise.

I've enjoyed seeing Jane open up and be more vulnerable. I hope she can keep things together with Arthur - he seems like a keeper.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I knew George (Leilani's date) looked familar! He was on a show called Miami Social with his crazy Ukranian girlfriend.

I'm a little behind on the episodes but Tough Love has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.

I didn't watch Miami Social, but it doesn't surprise me that George was on another reality show - they get a little taste of being in front of the cameras and they keep coming back. If his gf was so crazy, Leilani must seem like the girl next door by comparison! I did feel sorry for her tonight when she met George's mother. I thought that was kind of dirty pool having the girls dress up for dates and then have the guys' mothers show up. You definitely dress differently for a big date than for the first meeting with a mother.

The Claudia we saw at the end of tonight's episode was a totally different person! I hope we get a follow-up with her to see how she's doing. My heart just broke for her as she was reading the letter to her mother. I wonder if the show is referring her to a therapist or paying for it.

Watching the repeat of last week's episode earlier tonight, I was reminded of how cringe-worthy Christine's "5 minute" bio was. It felt like she'd never stop talking! That poor guy. Maybe we've all done that - to a lesser extent - from time to time, but good grief, she didn't pick up on his body language AT ALL. He just looked like he wanted an emergency exit!

Is anyone else watching?

Man, is Christine a train wreck or what? You justy knew her reasons for why her marriage broke up were b.s., but didn't she realize the truth was going to come out eventually? I started out the season liking her and now I find her really unlikable. Totally insensitive to make out with her date while her ex could see them. That date where the guy asked for a 5 minute version of her life and she yammered on for over 20 minutes was just cringe-worthy. I can't wait for the next episode where she gets her comeuppance!

Chasity is a mess too. Al is a great guy and she's pining over her ex who has NO interest in her.

Why would you go on a show like this if you were still involved or emotionally tied to your ex? It's totally selfish and unfair to the guys Steve is setting them up with.

Just watched an episode of this when I was bored and would like to clarify as a british girl, Leilani is NOT famous or one of the top models of last year over here (UK), I asked my male horny friends who read awful laddish magazines and they said she pops up in them wearing not much and is has had cheesy presenting jobs. Shes obviously not catwalk model material either.

Shes pretty, but no-one seems to know who she is.

Also, Steve really makes me angry, hes such a patronising arsehole.
    Last edited by VelvetBex; 12-13-2011 at 08:44 PM.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone watch the episode with Steve, his mom and sister? That was AWFUL - made me want to not watch anymore - keep the family crap of the business off the TV!

+ Reply to Thread