+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tough Love (VH1)

Re: Tough Love (VH1)

I agree with you in that Simone and the guy (black couple) will get married. Now that the one girl got rid of her hook up buddy, I think she and Larry seem like they are serious about each other. I don't have much hope for the rest. This season went fast and I kind of feel like the show really didn't dig very deep in addressing the troubles between the couples. Like Pawel and the girl (long dark hair) - I'm feeling like zero chemistry - at the beginning of the season and now. It doesn't seem like they've grown at all as a couple. I think Mario will revert to his old ways because his buddies are probably dudes who like to hang out at bars and chase women (they're the ones he went with to the happy end massage parlor). I wish they would have done something to see how Mario would behave around his friends. Can't believe how young Mario's girl is - only 22! Blonde girl and Dustin should definitely stay apart.

ITA, Pawel and his 'girlfriend' (I always feel silly using that word if someone's over 25) seem miserable. "Blond girl and Dustin" if that's who I think it is, should also just part ways, if this show's anything to go by at all. Isn't he the one who wants a woman with black hair?

Does each contestant get a copy of He's Just Not That Into You?

I watched an episode or two, and I'm set to tape an upcoming ep or two (I can't tell which is the finale.) This show brings back way too many bad memories of my 20s - dating guys who were never gonna get serious, but they just keep acting like they will. Run, run, run is my advice to these women! ALL of them, really.

Well the finale went about the way I expected except for a couple of things. Didn't expect Pawel and that girl (why can't I remember her name!) and Mario &Christina to get engaged. I'm so glad the blonde girl broke up with Dustin. After 8 years with the same dude for high school, she seriously needed a break!

I'm kind of looking forward to the Tough Love Couples Wedding. Looks like Mario may bail out!

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3915693;
    Well the finale went about the way I expected except for a couple of things. Didn't expect Pawel and that girl (why can't I remember her name!) and Mario &Christina to get engaged. I'm so glad the blonde girl broke up with Dustin. After 8 years with the same dude for high school, she seriously needed a break!

I'm kind of looking forward to the Tough Love Couples Wedding. Looks like Mario may bail out!
    I don't like that they had to come back and let Steve marry them a few weeks later. I would think all of the brides would want to plan their own wedding extravaganzas with their families

I'm watching the episode where they go ring shopping and I have to say, I see where Mario is coming from. Steve is wondering why Mario can't just loosen up and enjoy thinking about getting married, but I get his stress over money. When you're flat broke, looking at $12,000 rings would freak you out. Christina's very young and doesn't seem to understand where he's coming from.

There's only one couple on this show who should even consider getting married and that's Dennis and Simone. They're the only ones who seem to be there for the right reasons and have taken it seriously.

Steve is going to marry them? Did he get a certificate from the Universal Life Church online?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3915836;
    I don't like that they had to come back and let Steve marry them a few weeks later. I would think all of the brides would want to plan their own wedding extravaganzas with their families
    That's what I felt too! I thought why would the girls want to rush their weddings instead of taking their time and pick the place, the invitations, the cake, etc. Then I discussed it with my sister who has a theory that maybe to sweeten the deal, vh1 paid to fly their family members out and maybe offered them an all expense paid wedding and vacation. To save thousands of dollars, I could see where the girls might would consider it if this is really the case... (Personally, I still would want to do it my way still...)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3916395;
    I'm watching the episode where they go ring shopping and I have to say, I see where Mario is coming from. Steve is wondering why Mario can't just loosen up and enjoy thinking about getting married, but I get his stress over money. When you're flat broke, looking at $12,000 rings would freak you out. Christina's very young and doesn't seem to understand where he's coming from.
    I took Christina's not putting on a wedding dress at the finale and telling Mario they don't have to get married or engaged that she did understand where he was coming from. Based on his cold feet in the previews for the wedding show, Mario was kind of silly for not taking her up on her offer!

If money were the only issue, I'd be right there with Mario but it sounds like he is scared of marriage period! With the show paying for their wedding and everything, this would be the perfect time for Mario to get married, but I don't think that is what his issue is. In the previews for the wedding show, he says he still wants to be single. I just wish Steve would have had Mario to speak to a psychiatrist or someone to find out what Mario thinks he'd lose if he got married.

Spoiler Alert************************* *****

I thought that was so awesome when Steve gave Simone and her hubby and Mario and Christina an all expense paid vacation and $10,000! I bet Larry and Heather are going to be kicking themselves for not doing the wedding afterall!

Pawel and the dark haired girl wisely said they weren't ready to get married. Can't believe Cortney and Dustin got engaged! I think that's nuts!

Okay - on to the next reality show!

Haven't seen the wedding finale yet - But just caught the proposal episode. (Way too many TiVo conflicts.)

Does anyone else just want to smack Mario? And maybe shake Christina by the shoulders? And give her a copy of He's Just Not That Into You?

But I think the truth is, men marry when they are ready, and not a day before. It doesn't matter if the woman is in Mensa, a supermodel, a millionairess, a saint, an Olympic athlete and a top chef all rolled into one. If the man is not ready, he's not looking, he's wasting time and taking what he can get meantime. A woman marries when she meets the first guy who roughly matches who she imagines as her life partner or father of her children.

Obviously that's very blunt and generalised, and there's always the exception that proves the rule. But time & again that's how things have been in my life and every woman's and man's I've ever known...And on this show too! Moral of the story, if he isn't sure, that's a no! Run, Christina, RUN. The way Mario waffles is just so insulting to Christina and she and all the women deserve MUCH, much better.

Wow, this is a big bump! I didn't realize that the show had been off the air for this long.

Steve Ward is back tonight with a new season of Tough Love, this time in Miami. They're airing 2 episodes back-to-back tonight. I've just started watching the premiere. I'm sure, since it's VH1, it'll be repeated at least 100 times this week.

I think some of these women are even more delusional than the ones we've seen before, although it would be really hard to find someone more delusional that Taylor! Anyone else watching?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread