+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tough Love (VH1)

Re: Tough Love (VH1)

Quote Originally Posted by sugargoose;3813692;
    I just read the updates, and it looks like Angel is the only one who stayed with her guy.
    Jenna did say that she and Turner are in touch, but don't want to commit to any kind of relationship until after she finished grad school in a few months and moves to SF. I wouldn't count that relationship out.

I'm happy for Angel and Adam - they were a good match from the beginning. I hope it works out.

It's not surprising that Liz isn't with Dave. It didn't feel like they'd make it. As for the other ladies, well, stuff happens. Some of them (including Liz) they're in relationships now that are going well. For me, that means Steve did his job.

If anyone is interested, the blog on the VH1 site has all the updates from the girls as well as Steve's thoughts on the season: VH1 Tough Love 2 Vh1 Blog
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've often wondered how relationships really did when men married women who were strippers or posed virtually nude in the men's magazines. The thought that a lot of other men had seen your wife's intimate body parts...I could see that being a hard pill to swallow.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I'm just glad it is over!

VH1 has started airing promos for the next season of Tough Love with couples. Frankly, it looks way too much like Tool Academy, which means I probably won't be watching.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Did anyone watch the first episode? I watched and it wasn't as much like Tool Academy as I thought, but some of the guys are definitely tools, complete with the over-plucking and waxing.

Because it's Steve Ward, I'm going to give the show a chance. I can already tell that some of the guys, in particular, are going to annoy me, especially that one with the eyebrows who ended up on the hot seat with his girlfriend. Definite Tool Academy material. I think it's a good sign, though, that they applied to be on this show instead of TA.

FORT Fogey

I'm going to give it a chance too. I like Steve a lot. I think VH1 formatted the show badly last season, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3879207;
    Did anyone watch the first episode? I watched and it wasn't as much like Tool Academy as I thought, but some of the guys are definitely tools, complete with the over-plucking and waxing.

Because it's Steve Ward, I'm going to give the show a chance. I can already tell that some of the guys, in particular, are going to annoy me, especially that one with the eyebrows who ended up on the hot seat with his girlfriend. Definite Tool Academy material. I think it's a good sign, though, that they applied to be on this show instead of TA.

I agree that some of the guys are definitely "toolish".
    Maybe this is Tool Academy for older brothers?
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FORT Fogey

I don't like it! I don't think there are many couples that I want to see succeed. On the other hand, if they succeed then at least they are out of the general population!

Is anyone watching Tough Love Couples? I totally got sucked into watching it. It's pretty good. They showed 2 episodes last night. I think the finale is next week. Short season.

I'm watching, although not religiously. It's just too much like Tool Academy for me, although not nearly as bad. Frankly, I don't find any of the guys - okay, maybe one of them - all that appealing. I think most of the women could do much better. That exercise where they each dressed up like their partner's fantasy was kind of sad. "Hey, how about you dress up like a person I wish you looked like?" The one ghuy who was so rude about his girlfriend's appearance needed to be slapped.

I was glad Ryan and Axelle (sp?) broke up and left. After that marathon fight, it was pretty obvious they weren't going to make it.

I'll be interested to see if any of them decide to get married....and then if they actually DO get married and stay together. At this point, the only couple I think has a chance is the one with the guy whose mother interferes - can't remember names. I like both of them a lot.

I hope they go back to doing the show with just women - I think it's more interesting that way.

+ Reply to Thread