+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tough Love (VH1)

Re: Tough Love (VH1)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3763523;
    I always find myself being glad that I don't have smell-a-vision when Taylor is on the screen. She is one foul looking woman, with that nasty hair.
    I'd imagine she smells like the perfume counter at Macy's - she looks like a major product victim. There are men who like that look, I guess, but I think she's much prettier without all that crap on her face and without the freaky hair extensions.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm still not over Taylor's Simba look.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3764786;
    I'm still not over Taylor's Simba look.
    She looked like Jocelyn Wildenstein 2.0. Very freaky. Why on earth she would think that looked good is beyond me. She's a pretty girl underneath all the spackle and hair extensions.

Based on her reaction to Willie's comments, it's obvious she's a very wounded person, emotionally. The fact that she only heard criticism in his comments is telling. I hope Steve can get her on the right path and bolster her self-confidence, because I actually like Taylor and I want her to do well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I am watching the rerun of this Sunday's show and so far dont see any sign of Kanisha being on the show at all. Did I miss something?

oh, nevermind. there she is

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3765702;
    I am watching the rerun of this Sunday's show and so far dont see any sign of Kanisha being on the show at all. Did I miss something?
    I've been thinking the same thing! After the first week or so where Steve really was on her about her behavior, it was weird to have her just "disappear." Maybe that's good news and shows that she's taking Steve's advice.

This was never one of my "favorite" shows to watch, but I would watch it nonetheless....and I am just so displeased that they put the train wreck "Rocky" on this show, purely for ratings. WTF happened to her appearance, I don't remember her looking that tranny in her other reality show; girlfriend is definately on the Adderal express. Just cant watch the show when she is on it.

ITA - Rocky is a train wreck. That song was cringe-worthy big time. I muted it. So embarrassing.

At the start of the season, I thought sure I'd end up liking Jenna the best. She reminded me of some of my girlfriends and I thought her weight loss story made her really relatable. You know what though? She's SO negative I just want to smack her! I completely agreed with Steve and the girls at group about her attitude. I couldn't believe she wouldn't even TRY the trapeze thing. It was the perfect opportunity to get that cutie of a date involved. She could have asked for his help to maybe hold the ladder steady....something. That poor guy just looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. Jenna has sort of become the Jessa of this season. Sweet-looking and pretty, but seriously negative. I hope Jenna is able to turn things around.

Also, what was up with whatshername bagging on her date possibly being Jewish? She doesn't want people at her wedding wearing those "little hats"? Is she for real? You know what, that guy is a total catch: good looking, sweet, smart and successful (with a PhD in Computer Science, that guy can write his own ticket). If she doesn't want him, I'LL take him!

Does anyone know if Steve is married? My gaydar isn't going off with him and it seems like, if he really is such a great matchmaker, he'd have found himself someone by now.

I think Steve's main match in life is Steve...

I wish Jenna would just go home. Instead, since she's the biggest train wreck, she'll probably be back next season, a la Taylor.

Was the woman's name Alicia, who is so phobic about dating a Jewish man? Sheesh, she sounded like an idiot this week. "I don't want to have a wedding where everyone is wearing little hats." Cringe. She can't even say yarmulke?

I actually like Rocky (although I didn't in that 'make my kid a star' reality show) but a major WTF with her 'original song.' Yuck! What was she thinking? Just when I think she's only putting on an act with that 'crazy rocker' schtick, she pulls something like that?

I wish they'd give more air time to the healthier-seeming more normal ones. Like the woman who reminded Steve of Michelle Obama. But then I don't think anything is really wrong with her except her locale. Move her to the right city or the right social circles and someone is going to be thrilled to date her. Hollywood male MAWs, not so much.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, I really like the woman who reminded Steve of Michelle Obama - I think her name's Tina? She's totally sweet, a good person, and she was such a good sport about the Trapeze! You could tell that Sally was scared too, but she did it. I think what would scare me is the whole, letting go and just hanging by my knees part. But I bet they wouldn't have minded if Jenna just got up there and swung (swang? swinged?), at least tried.

Alicia went from mildly likable to moron in this episode. It's one thing to be concerned about differences between yourself and a potential boyfriend, be it religious, political, whatever. But she honestly sounded like she had NO respect for Judaism. Besides, I know a few people who have parents where one's Jewish and the other's a Christian, or not religiously affiliated at all. It's just ignorant to act that way.

+ Reply to Thread