+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tough Love (VH1)

Re: Tough Love (VH1)

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3424695;
    yeah. what a seriously trashy pair. ugh. glad she got kicked out. she needs serious therapy. if she were a normal person i would think that if nothing else, then at least when she watches the episodes she will be horrified at her behavior and want to change-but i honestly think shes close to hopeless.
    That was appalling, when Arian and her mother were at the dinner party. Absolutely awful. I'm glad they called "mom" in for a one-on-one, but it hardly did any good - she thinks it's okay because she's just like her! I'm sure they just went home and laughed about and at the show, but it's really sad because it was an opportunity wasted.

And if she thought the whole thing was a joke anyway, why was she so mad when she was kicked out? She got "mom" to back up her bad behavior then was scared to be called out on the carpet for it? Sounds like a mixed up girl to me. Hope she gets some help.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3425343;
    That was appalling, when Arian and her mother were at the dinner party. Absolutely awful. I'm glad they called "mom" in for a one-on-one, but it hardly did any good - she thinks it's okay because she's just like her! I'm sure they just went home and laughed about and at the show, but it's really sad because it was an opportunity wasted.

And if she thought the whole thing was a joke anyway, why was she so mad when she was kicked out? She got "mom" to back up her bad behavior then was scared to be called out on the carpet for it? Sounds like a mixed up girl to me. Hope she gets some help.

60% of the time she is articulate, funny, and smart. The other 40%, she said it herself, she's a self-made joke. She would benefit from therapy, but only an idiot beats up their suitcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3424602;
    Just checked my bible, the Holy TV Guide and the last episode is on May 3rd.
    This is exactly how I grew up thinking about the TV Guide! My mom stills has hers attached at the hip
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Arian and her mother should be ashamed of their behavior, but I'm sure they don't have any sense of embarrassment about anything they do. It was completely cringe-worthy, especially Arian's mother. She clearly isn't in touch with her daughter at all if she can't see how emotionally messed up Arian is. All of that slutty behavior is clearly a cry for help and probably has to do with her father and the fact that he gives her no attention/validation. Arian's mom seems to think she's married to the World's Best Dad.

For someone who is so beautiful, Jessa can sure turn ugly. After the first episode, I was sure she'd be my favorite and Taylor would be my least favorite. Now I LOVE Taylor and wish Jessa would just grow up.

Taylor: "OMG!"
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3428132;
    For someone who is so beautiful, Jessa can sure turn ugly. After the first episode, I was sure she'd be my favorite and Taylor would be my least favorite. Now I LOVE Taylor and wish Jessa would just grow up.
    That is exactly what happened to me too!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

I have found that my liking of Taylor corresponds directly to her make-up style. For some reason, when she has really natural make up on and she is dressed like a normal human being, she is being much more tolerable. I've noticed that the only time she does the silly teen girl whininess is when she's all dolled up eyeliner style. But I really just like her now, and I couldn't stand her at the beginning.

Arianne makes me very sad. She's obviously smart, caring, funny, and many other good things. She should have the world at her command. But she fell off the path somewhere along the way.

From the previews, it appears that this coming week is a getaway weekend for each? Maybe that's why they got rid of Arian....her footage would have been of just one thing... just saying!

I like Taylor (and Jodi) much more than I expected. Jessa and Abiola seem in it for the exposure (as in rushing to the kitchen with Arian), Natasha is lost with all the other personalities and Jacklyn is on a serious rebound, I hope Brock takes it slow with her.

I loved how Steve's mom got right in Jessa's face when she tried to step in and be the bitchy one. And then she backed right down! Trying for some screen time hon?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I can't stand Jessa. She is a whiny bitch. I love love love Taylor. At first, she annoyed me but it only took an episode or two for me to love her. Last episode I cracked up so hard when she was like, "O M G, should we call *#&$*(# 911?"
    Wake up and be awesome

Arian's myspace blog tells a different story than what VH1 showed. Before I read it, I would have agreed with much what others have written.

MySpace.com Blogs - Arian from VH1's TOUGH LOVE MySpace Blog

(I've stolen my husband's account today; he's teaching today. He doesn't even watch this show. It's my own guilty pleasure. )

Jenny
    Last edited by Peacheater; 05-01-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3431294;
    Arian's myspace blog tells a different story than what VH1 showed. Before I read it, I would have agreed with much what others have written.

MySpace.com Blogs - Arian from VH1's TOUGH LOVE MySpace Blog

(I've stolen my husband's account today; he's teaching today. He doesn't even watch this show. It's my own guilty pleasure. )

Jenny
    Hi Jenny! This show is my guilty pleasure too. Can you summarize some of what she said? I can't get on myspace until I get home from work.

Also, I love your husband's comments on the DWTS thread. I always look forward to his opinions on the dances. Nice to have thoughts from someone who knows the technique to look for.

+ Reply to Thread